The Update Will Ruin Everything Forever.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The update will ruin everything forever.
The update will ruin everything forever.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Visc
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Visc
By Lakshmi.Visc 2010-06-20 13:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

With WoW, the no-exp loss is a perk, but there are still a few disadvantages. They penalize deaths with armor repair bills. It can get really expensive at high levels to take damage, get in fights and die. And only about 1/3 of the servers are open PvP. If it's PvE or RPG, you gotta be flagged to randomly get owned. Most the people I know that play it want to stay away from PvP servers, for that reason I do not know. IMO if I was forced to play WoW (with the obvious impending doom of ff11), I would definitely do a PvP server.

Regarding the impending doom of FF11, think about it. Are the level caps to 99 possibly an excuse for SE to take down the FF11 servers? How many people are going to complain to SE about losing their characters if they have completely gimp 75 jobs that are only half-leveled when the level cap is 99? If I was SE planning an exit strategy, I would definitely have the game go out like this before people can finish off their characters again.
 Phoenix.Juggalo
Server: Phoenix
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-20 13:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Juggalo said:
What worries me about this update isn't the new content and goals, it's that not everyone has gotten where they want to with existing content and this new stuff will make that even harder.

I've been stuck on Floor 26 for Nyzul for MONTHS and can never find 5 other people to help me climb. I even had a half-static (me and two others) ready to climb together weekly, but we couldn't even find THREE people to help. If it's not a boss floor, people don't care and won't help - and that's at the current point. How hard will it be after the update? Pardon me, but I still want my Mythic weaponskills like Drakesbane that I can't realistically obtain without Floor 100 (7K WSPs vs 250). And I want Askar gear, but can only myself enter Floor 20; otherwise I must /sit in WG and hope to catch a shout for the other floors.

Similarly, I'm only Lance Corporal and would love to work towards Captain in Assault, but that's even harder to find people for than Nyzul.

And that's just me. There are others on nation/expansion missions that haven't been players for years already and other content like this. What happens to things like this after the new stuff comes out? Other than it becoming even harder to complete. I'd love if there were dedicated Linkshells for some of this stuff but, if there are, I sure don't know of any :/

Asura.Bartimaeus said:

Sadly people like to pretend that "well everyone's already done all that".

Everyone. Ever. EVER.

Then they say it's "mad easy bro" and expect you to have already done it.

Yep, that's mostly what I run into.

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Sorry but this can all be summed up as you are lazy. I have gotten two of my friends to Captain from the lowest rank atm and the majority of people we recieved was from shouts... Now with lvl 80 you can beat a great majority of the missions even EASIER. Stop being so lazy and shout instead of just sitting in WG hopping people will do what you need.

This guy totally doesn't get what my point was... But anyways, lazy how? I shouted in WG when I had 3/6 for the half-static. I'm with someone as we speak that has shouted literally for the past 4 hours for Nyzul 26-35+ 2/6 with no response.
Will Assaults be easier now at 80? Absolutely. That has nothing to do with my concerns, however. I didn't mean they are hard to DO, I mean they are hard to find people with. Yes, for any I could trio, I would just need two more people, but I've yet to find anyone really willing to do that, even within my own LS. So far. Hey, maybe it will change. But my concern is it will change for the worse as the few people currently interested in that move on to other things instead. You're welcome to address that concern, if you wish.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-20 13:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't hard, if you really wanted it you would have it. You have 0 friends that are willing to help you?
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-20 13:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Ariane said:
I've been a bit depressed about the update. I have 11 jobs at 75, and I'm sad because I know that I don't have the time or motivation to get even half those jobs to 99.

I'm not mad that SE is making all my leveling obsolete. What does get me down is:

Although I'm not the best geared player on any job, I am pretty well geared on most jobs. Although I'm not the most skilled player on all my jobs, I can play them all well. But the thing that I really prided myself on, was my ability to fill just about any role needed in any event, and that is something that I feel will be lost forever after the level increase.

Once upon a time though, when I was getting bored of my main char, I started up a second character with the intention of only leveling one job to 75 on her. I thought about it long and hard, and decided, if I could only have 1 job at cap, the best job for that would be RDM.

Luckily RDM is now the closest thing I have to a main job. It is the job I play most often, and feel the most skilled at. It is the only job I am fully merited on, and is my best geared job. Therefore, instead of being upset about all the jobs I won't get to 99. I've decided to focus on one, RDM, and work on being the best damn RDM I can be.
Words to live by.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-20 14:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Diabolos.Ariane said:
I've been a bit depressed about the update. I have 11 jobs at 75, and I'm sad because I know that I don't have the time or motivation to get even half those jobs to 99.

I'm not mad that SE is making all my leveling obsolete. What does get me down is:

Although I'm not the best geared player on any job, I am pretty well geared on most jobs. Although I'm not the most skilled player on all my jobs, I can play them all well. But the thing that I really prided myself on, was my ability to fill just about any role needed in any event, and that is something that I feel will be lost forever after the level increase.

Once upon a time though, when I was getting bored of my main char, I started up a second character with the intention of only leveling one job to 75 on her. I thought about it long and hard, and decided, if I could only have 1 job at cap, the best job for that would be RDM.

Luckily RDM is now the closest thing I have to a main job. It is the job I play most often, and feel the most skilled at. It is the only job I am fully merited on, and is my best geared job. Therefore, instead of being upset about all the jobs I won't get to 99. I've decided to focus on one, RDM, and work on being the best damn RDM I can be.
Words to live by.

Very true. I think most of us are, live this way err play.