Which PS3 System Is Final Fantasy XI Be Compatible With?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Which PS3 system is Final Fantasy XI be compatible with?
Which PS3 system is Final Fantasy XI be compatible with?
 Hades.Ronion
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: playfulxi
By Hades.Ronion 2010-06-18 19:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah, I'm considering coming back to FFXI, however, at the same time, I'm going to be getting a PS3 as well. Was just wondering if FFXI works on any of the newer models. If not, which model does work.

edit: ignore the grammar mistake of the title, just copied & pasted a question

edit: alright look's like that answered my question, thanks a lot everyone :)
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-06-18 20:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

>_> there's a thread with the same subject made today

You would either have to get a 20 60 or 80GB PS3. Be wary of the older 20 / 60GB systems as there have more reports of those models malfunctioning now. You might be lucky to find a 80GB with PS2 emulation but you'll probably wont find one new. oh and not all 80GB have PS2 emulation. The later models had it removed before they were discontinued.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-06-18 20:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This topic came up in another thread recently. Anyway, the only models that will play FFXI are discontinued. They are:

20gb and 60gb models
80gb models with 4 usb ports

There are later model 80gb PS3's that are not backward compatible with PS2, so be careful. The Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle was the last PS3 that was b.c.
 Hades.Ronion
By Hades.Ronion 2010-06-18 20:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Eagleeyes said:
>_> there's a thread with the same subject made today

You would either have to get a 20 60 or 80GB PS3. Be wary of the older 20 / 60GB systems as there have more reports of those models malfunctioning now. You might be lucky to find a 80GB with PS2 emulation but you'll probably wont find one new. oh and not all 80GB have PS2 emulation. The later models had it removed before they were discontinued.
Same subject made today? >_> Yeah, I didn't see that thread

So the slim models don't work? Alright thanks x_x Looks like I'm going to be hunting for an old model now
 Hades.Ronion
By Hades.Ronion 2010-06-18 20:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
This topic came up in another thread recently. Anyway, the only models that will play FFXI are discontinued. They are:

20gb and 60gb models
80gb models with 4 usb ports

There are later model 80gb PS3's that are not backward compatible with PS2, so be careful. The Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle was the last PS3 that was b.c.
Alright, thanks for the info