Forum » FFXI » General » Merits after the update
Merits after the update
 Odin.Priscilia
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Priscilia
By Odin.Priscilia 2010-06-17 12:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

or "why is everyone I know so into 'I have to go merit before the update /panic'"?

A lot of people I know are spamming meritpts a lot more often than before and I was wondering why. There aren't any new merits am I wrong? Just new abilities and spells and stuff so I really don't see the need of meriting more often than before. They keep explaining that the camps will be gone due to the lvl cap to be lifted so they want to merit everything they did not earlier. Ok sounds logical to me >but< there still is the possibility of switching from exp mode to limit point mode in the very moment you hit 75. So basically you will be able to "sync" yourself to 75 or any lvl you hit after that just by switching to that mode preventing yourself from gaining exp but get merit points instead. So all you need is some job you like but didn't want to get past 75 anyways that you keep for meriting at bird camp or wherever and you're fine.

I don't know if this was discussed somewhere already or if there is any information about it out there so I'm sorry if I bring up some old stuff. I'm just curious about it so if anyone knows or has any ideas about it: please share :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-06-17 12:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Something struck me...
What if they make the level cap like the crafting caps?
You get to level 99 on one job and you can't get past 80 on any others?!
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-06-17 12:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people I have spoken to seem to think that being fully merited will be the requirement to go from lvl 75 to lvl 76.
[+]
By Majae 2010-06-17 13:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
A lot of people I have spoken to seem to think that being fully merited will be the requirement to go from lvl 75 to lvl 76.

That would be lame.
[+]
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Server: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-17 20:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd think it had more to do with ppl wanting to have "useful" jobs post-75. Sure at this point in the game alot of players have multiple jobs at 75 but that doesn't mean all of those jobs are particularly useful without merits (read: playing out their full potential). People want to maintain the versatility of playing on said jobs after the cap is raised, and part of that will come from having those job's merits finished.
[+]
 Odin.Kraytos
Server: Odin
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2010-06-17 20:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:
Something struck me...
What if they make the level cap like the crafting caps?
You get to level 99 on one job and you can't get past 80 on any others?!

lol no
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-06-17 20:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

you know, this kind of makes me wonder.

What will happen to merits post 75 now? will they be rendered ... null? or will we still be able to "Merit" @ 75+ to still obtain the merrited abilities?

As i'm sure, with the new updates and the higher levels, the JA and JT and spells that we will aquire will most likely go over what we currently have able to be merited (given an example of ... whm, shellra and protectra V) we are getting the singular spells for those @ this update, so what is stopping whm from say getting ... shellra and protectra VI at a later date or level increase?

I can't say I have really merrited hardcore, but I know I have got a few that I have put in certain stats and JA on MNK.