Limit Break (Genkai) 75+ ???

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Limit Break (Genkai) 75+ ???
Limit Break (Genkai) 75+ ???
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Silvarion
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Pilsi
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2010-06-10 17:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

soooo SE let us lvl up until 99 w/o doin anything?
or do we get new limit breaks, what u think?
[+]
 Fenrir.Anberlin
Server: Fenrir
user: Kike
By Fenrir.Anberlin 2010-06-10 17:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You must kill Argus 20 times during New Moon and Earth Weather. It's the only way.
[+]
 Bahamut.Silvarion
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2010-06-10 17:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... its SE, that would be something "normal"
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2010-06-10 17:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

LB6 = You must own a Ninurta's sash
LB7 = you must trade in 10 rabbit hides

[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-10 17:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone in another thread said to go beyond 75, you first must max out all the merits you can on that job..

I'm not sure if that's very likely, but honestly, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-10 17:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xellith said:
LB6 = You must own a Ninurta's sash
LB7 = you must trade in 10 rabbit hides
Rabbit hides never drop ; ;
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Someone in another thread said to go beyond 75, you first must max out all the merits you can on that job..

I'm not sure if that's very likely, but honestly, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Wouldn't surprise me either, but I doubt it'll happen.
[+]
 Bahamut.Silvarion
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2010-06-10 17:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm max out all merrits kinda suck for most of ppl cuz not evry job is merrited. i really HOPE that never happens.
well cap these merrits to get accsess to merrit group 3
is something that sounds ok to me
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-06-10 18:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt it'd be that, but u never know with SE.
 Fenrir.Anberlin
user: Kike
By Fenrir.Anberlin 2010-06-10 18:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Fear! Hi :3
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-06-10 18:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Anberlin said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Fear! Hi :3

Heya
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-06-10 18:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought SE said they would have requirements but not quests like the previous genkai. They implied something easy, most likely owning the expansion i'd think.

Not sure of documentation of this but pretty sure i read it long time ago when lvl cap was annouced.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-06-10 18:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

can only level past 75 if...you didn't smn burn that job :P
[+]
 Shiva.Kasui
user: Krunkers
By Shiva.Kasui 2010-06-10 18:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Magian trials that are specific to each job. IE: RDM has to kill 250 members of the Magic Pot family that give exp. Unlocks the limit break for RDM. BLM has to kill 250 members of black mage beastmen that give exp. Unlocks the limit break for BLM.
[+]
 Cerberus.Valyria
Server: Cerberus
user: Chrissie
By Cerberus.Valyria 2010-06-10 18:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt it would be something for every job like that...in the past, having done the LB quest one time would allow you to level past that level on ANY job, not just one. The new quests will probably be something similar.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-10 18:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that idea, it would force people to get merits and improve their performance rather than be gimp AND have no merits.

I hope they don't make more limit breaks but it would seem weird if they didn't.
[+]
 Siren.Mascrapone
Server: Siren
By Siren.Mascrapone 2010-06-10 18:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
can only level past 75 if...you didn't smn burn that job :P

What if the job is SMN D:
Shiva.Kasui said:
Magian trials that are specific to each job. IE: RDM has to kill 250 members of the Magic Pot family that give exp. Unlocks the limit break for RDM. BLM has to kill 250 members of black mage beastmen that give exp. Unlocks the limit break for BLM.

Given SE's latest love affair with Magians that seems almost conceivable ..
 Shiva.Kasui
user: Krunkers
By Shiva.Kasui 2010-06-10 18:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valyria said:
I doubt it would be something for every job like that...in the past, having done the LB quest one time would allow you to level past that level on ANY job, not just one. The new quests will probably be something similar.

SE split up the weapon skills for Nyzul by job. IE: Unlocking a myth. (PLD) Unlocking a myth. (BLU)

SE wants characters to be unique, preventing cookie cutter builds. This is seen with the choices we get from missions as rewards. Your only able to have 1, making your Samurai or your Red Mage stand out above your other jobs.

If they don't have individual quests, we're going to have hundreds of RDMs, SAMs, CORs, and BRDs at 80 while other jobs struggle. When you see 500 Samurais trying to kill EP+ Demons in Xarcabard (S) and see only 10 Thieves killing Tonberrys, people will decide their route to take.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-06-10 18:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=21769

"In an interview conducted after the event, Matsui had the chance to further elaborate on the new Level Cap. The first jump will take the cap from 75 to 80. There will not be Limit Break quests as we have done in the past, but there will be some requirements to fulfill."

Check the link and scroll through.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-10 18:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Silvarion said:
soooo SE let us lvl up until 99 w/o doin anything? or do we get new limit breaks, what u think?
They already announced there will be something but it will be different then current Limit breaks
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-06-10 19:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
They implied something easy, most likely owning the expansion i'd think.

This is my bet.
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-06-11 11:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=21769 "In an interview conducted after the event, Matsui had the chance to further elaborate on the new Level Cap. The first jump will take the cap from 75 to 80. There will not be Limit Break quests as we have done in the past, but there will be some requirements to fulfill." Check the link and scroll through.
gotta love square and thier cryptic shenenagains . These requirements could be anything from 43,999/44,000 AND 10/10 9,999/10,000 EXP and merits to having Sea Access and able to get to the currently Un-used (unknown use)Ebon Panels to Magian trials like quest(s) (as previously stated) .
With current Game dynamics and what they seem to be when this first update occurs , it will most likely be some slightly annoying quest(s) that act more as a speed bump than a deterent . Currently w/75 as the cap , you dont have make serious progress thru any story lines to actually unlock them or take them to 75 . Yes , you have to get access to AU to unlock BLUPUPCOR and do thier AF and G5 quests , but you dont have to do any AU missions . Have to access Shadowriegn to get DNCSCH but again , once you have gone thru the Maw(s) you dont really have to go any further than that , even for thier G5 . But we are talkin about the same people who said '75 is the cap and there is no reason or forseeable reason to ever increase it . ever .'
 Asura.Rule
Server: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-11 11:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i still think we are all an experiment of ffxiv so they can test various things before it comes out
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-06-11 13:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

LB10 = Defeat Maatimus Prime
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-06-11 13:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said:

lmao. That is awesome.
 Asura.Cloverkitty
By Asura.Cloverkitty 2010-06-11 14:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well,
There are 3 expansions/Addons the first is coming out with this update, with the new areas geared towards the higher levels (rehash areas but still technically new).

There has been mixed reaction to the new addon with many people not wanting to get them. These updates probably cost quite a bit for coding and testing.

So most likely the level cap changes (in 3 phases) will require the 3 addon packs. Especially since it was already stated the new AF3s come in parts from the different add ons, why not the levels too?
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-06-11 15:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

be cool if they give us like tripple exp weekend
 Unicorn.Sweetbella
Server: Unicorn
user: Desiree
By Unicorn.Sweetbella 2010-06-11 15:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said:

I LOVE IT!
-LOL-

Bahamut.Silvarion
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2010-06-11 15:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Maat is out. we need a new hero for lvl99^^
sooooo if some one got all jobs to 99...if...and
this person must play 23h a day ( 1h sleep)
whats the gift we get?
it must be THE *** !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-11 15:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasui said:
Cerberus.Valyria said:

SE split up the weapon skills for Nyzul by job. IE: Unlocking a myth. (PLD) Unlocking a myth. (BLU)

SE wants characters to be unique, preventing cookie cutter builds. This is seen with the choices we get from missions as rewards. Your only able to have 1, making your Samurai or your Red Mage stand out above your other jobs.

If they don't have individual quests, we're going to have hundreds of RDMs, SAMs, CORs, and BRDs at 80 while other jobs struggle. When you see 500 Samurais trying to kill EP Demons in Xarcabard (S) and see only 10 Thieves killing Tonberrys, people will decide their route to take.

I would like to see something like this or even better, have it like crafting. At 75 you have 5 levels to distribute among your jobs. 5, 10, etc. until 24 for 99. With each level cap increase you have those levels to add to your jobs.

So once it's at 99, you can say put 10 levels on one job and 14 levels on another, but 24 levels max for all your jobs.
First Page 2