Dynamis & lvl75+
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-10 17:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything, and can confirm whether or not Dynamis zones will be capped to 75. Or If we can just take a couple lvl 80s in there and facefuck everything.
Don't even get me started on 99 ._.

Also, I don't care much for rumours, so let's aim towards telling me something you may have read and can confirm.

Thanks for your time.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-10 17:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything, and can confirm whether or not Dynamis zones will be capped to 75. Or If we can just take a couple lvl 80s in there and facefuck everything.
Don't even get me started on 99 ._.

Also, I don't care much for rumours, so let's aim towards telling me something you may have read and can confirm.

Thanks for your time.

Pretty sure there is no information out on this, and we'll just have to wait until the 21st to find out. Unless there's some sort of interview proving otherwise that I'm missing. :x
[+]
 Hades.Ethereal
Server: Hades
By Hades.Ethereal 2010-06-10 17:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Im leaving my opinion on this real quick: If you have a small group that can clear it, or even 1 or 2 at 75 then there would never be any dynas open due to the fact that only one team can be in one area. I think and kind of hope it will be level capped.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-10 17:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

There was an interview where they stated that there were no plans to adjust existing endgame content, so I assume it will remain uncapped. I'll dig up the quote again if somebody insists on it.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-10 17:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Ethereal said:
Im leaving my opinion on this real quick: If you have a small group that can clear it, or even 1 or 2 at 75 then there would never be any dynas open due to the fact that only one team can be in one area. I think and kind of hope it will be level capped.

Or instanced. :|
 Ramuh.Kiroo
Server: Ramuh
user: Kiroo
By Ramuh.Kiroo 2010-06-10 17:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude instanced like Nyzle isle would be friggin awesome, tired of working for somone elses relic weapons
 Valefor.Tweakr
Server: Valefor
user: TweakR
By Valefor.Tweakr 2010-06-10 17:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Your running under the assumption that everyone will continue to do the older content. With new content open and it being possible to do higher end content with fewer people there will be still be many places for people to go and do things. I really don't see it being much more over crowded than it currently is.
[+]
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-10 17:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Tweakr said:
Your running under the assumption that everyone will continue to do the older content. With new content open and it being possible to do higher end content with fewer people there will be still be many places for people to go and do things. I really don't see it being much more over crowded than it currently is.

***will be far more over crowded now that way fewer people can do stuff.
but basically you're telling me that once the new updates hit, even lvl 99, you won't do dynamis anymore?
You're right, cause taking 2 blms in to farm currency and split the take is nonesense when we will have all this awesome new content to use.
Screw old content, wooooo Abbysea ...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-10 17:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kiroo said:
Dude instanced like Nyzle isle would be friggin awesome, tired of working for somone elses relic weapons
Join a sell/split shell then.
Valefor.Tweakr said:
Relic weapons, TH4, Duelist's Chapeau, relic accessories, relic -1... Since more groups will be capable of lowmanning effectively it's very possible zones will be flooded. On the other hand, groups might team up and full clear or multi clear zones if they're smart.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-06-10 17:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

it still costs 500k to enter. and no matter your level, you'll still be unable to farm the zone *completely* on a small man group. and idk. we'll see. it'll be worse, but not that much worse.

and who will want to do dynamis when there are better things to do? eh eh?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-10 17:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
it still costs 500k to enter. and no matter your level, you'll still be unable to farm the zone *completely* on a small man group. and idk. we'll see. it'll be worse, but not that much worse.

and who will want to do dynamis when there are better things to do? eh eh?
I'm more than willing to bet a solid group could full clear Bastok with 12 even now.
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-06-10 17:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

12 is still a good sized group. but OP mentioned a couple of people. and at 99 when the full level cap is realized i doubt people will be rushing to do dynamis. i already dislike it.
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-10 17:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Diabolos.Ghlin said:
it still costs 500k to enter. and no matter your level, you'll still be unable to farm the zone *completely* on a small man group. and idk. we'll see. it'll be worse, but not that much worse. and who will want to do dynamis when there are better things to do? eh eh?
I'm more than willing to bet a solid group could full clear Bastok with 12 even now.

We clear with 10 :)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-10 17:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
12 is still a good sized group. but OP mentioned a couple of people. and at 99 when the full level cap is realized i doubt people will be rushing to do dynamis. i already dislike it.
It's decent gil/hr if you farm cities tbh, I'd be willing to go back especially if we were getting needed drops.
Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Diabolos.Ghlin said:
it still costs 500k to enter. and no matter your level, you'll still be unable to farm the zone *completely* on a small man group. and idk. we'll see. it'll be worse, but not that much worse. and who will want to do dynamis when there are better things to do? eh eh?

There you go then lol. I've only done Dyna with larger (and meh) groups so I was padding my guesses a bit. I'd bet a party of 6 could handle Dyna without issues before too long.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-06-10 18:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Diabolos.Ghlin said:

When you say clear do you mean kill the boss or wipe out all the zones mobs?

But either way... Wouldn't mind knowing more about how this is done.
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-10 18:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Diabolos.Ghlin said:
When you say clear do you mean kill the boss or wipe out all the zones mobs? But either way... Wouldn't mind knowing more about how this is done.

I mean clear the mega boss with time left to do some farming.
Usually if I haev that little members its Blmx4 Rdm Whm Thf Pld Drg Sam. It's what we have done it with.
And by have done I mean yes only once, only time I had that little amount of members, and got really lucky with pulls.
 Odin.Venomous
Server: Odin
By Odin.Venomous 2010-06-10 18:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

People under the assumption that Dynamis will be uncapped. All I can say is that I very much doubt it. Dynamis dying out? Guess that could happen if people didn't want TH4, Duelists Chapeau and all that other gimp stuff!

I'm just sayin...
 Odin.Venomous
Server: Odin
By Odin.Venomous 2010-06-10 18:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Diabolos.Ghlin said:

The whole zone? Meaning, no mobs left at all?

edit: sry didn't see above post.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-06-10 18:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Diabolos.Ghlin said:
When you say clear do you mean kill the boss or wipe out all the zones mobs? But either way... Wouldn't mind knowing more about how this is done.

I mean clear the mega boss with time left to do some farming.
Usually if I haev that little members its Blmx4 Rdm Whm Thf Pld Drg Sam. It's what we have done it with.
And by have done I mean yes only once, only time I had that little amount of members, and got really lucky with pulls.
Was honestly hoping that I've just been doing it wrong all along and there's some better method lol.
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-06-10 18:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dying out? No one said that. Dying down? Just about everyone has said that. Clearing zones isn't that hard and you don't need a ***ton of people to do it. For the "average" shell 18-20 people is all you really need to get a win and maybe do some farming after.
 Leviathan.Snomm
Server: Leviathan
user: Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-06-10 18:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not post much, but will put my two cents in. I believe that Dynamis will be uncapped based on the assumption (even though we know what assuming does) that since SE seems to be uncapping almost everything in the game now, that this will be no different. My other assumption, unless already otherwise posted, is that Nyzul and every other event in the game will be uncapped so that players do not feel limited after all the time it had taken to get to level 99.

In short, everything is going to be uncapped no matter the nature of the event, the zone, etc. since getting to 99 will probably be a feat in itself.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-06-10 18:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

at level 99...spam dynamis with a few buddies, get yourself a relic weapon :D
 Siren.Mascrapone
Server: Siren
By Siren.Mascrapone 2010-06-10 18:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still wondering how abyssea's content will be handled. It is safe to assume that the new weapons will be magian trial content, and SE has said that they plan to put in Magian trials for Armor. They also said they do not want to make all the gear we've spent years obtaining obsolete. so... Magian trials to upgrade relic armor could very well happen. And if that is the case, Demand to obtain said relic will not go away. So something will have to happen to dynamis i think to account for this.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-10 19:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it would be a little unfair to suddenly raise the level of the mobs in Dynamis. It'd be like making merits only available to people 99.

It's not like the drops there are godly or anything anyways.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-06-10 19:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Their not raising any hnm's or endgame content difficulty up to this date they said in an interview posted in another thread already. Even abyssea will be soloable they continued on to saying.
 Siren.Mascrapone
Server: Siren
By Siren.Mascrapone 2010-06-10 19:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember them saying AByssea was oriented for 6man parties. i do not recall soloable.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-06-10 19:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mascrapone said:
I remember them saying AByssea was oriented for 6man parties. i do not recall soloable.

they said somewhere i believe on the official abyssea website that they were making it so even you could solo some parts of it, if you chose to.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-06-10 19:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

yer, y'all heard on lowman events, well SE trumped everyone with noman events :D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-10 20:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
I think it would be a little unfair to suddenly raise the level of the mobs in Dynamis. It'd be like making merits only available to people 99.

It's not like the drops there are godly or anything anyways.
lol'd
First Page 2