Forum » FFXI » General » SE appreciates adventures in their own special way
SE appreciates adventures in their own special way
 Valefor.Marianka
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Marianka
By Valefor.Marianka 2010-06-10 05:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This is real story which shows how much SE REALLY appreciates ff adventurers. The subject is a friend of mine who played for 6 years, NEVER had a single gm call against him, NEVER had a warning and yet found himself banned all of s sudden. After 7 times contacting SE support US he finally got a reason a more:

Agent Benjamin: Not a problem sir, please provide me with the first 4 and last 4 digits of the credit card that is on file please?
X: xxxx / xxx
Agent Benjamin: When did he fax in his id?
X: past saturday,, he caled yesterday and se confirmed they received it
Agent Benjamin: Thank you for that information sir, please give me one moment to review the account.
X: Thank you for holding, It states on the account that this account has been banned because of charge-back. It also states that after reviewing the information that it will remain banned. No other information was given to me. At this point you can submit a ban complaint and/or write a letter to our North American account manager for ban reverse consideration.
X: charge-back?
Agent Benjamin: Yes sir.
X: what do you mean with charge back?
X: and why is it so serious people are banned permanently because of it?
Agent Benjamin: It is a request from the credit card company for a force refund. This process is against our company policy.
X: so the credit card company makes a mistake and a char gets banned permanently after 6 years?
X: I am the cc owner and I didn;t ask for a refund, this also seems a bit harsh to me
Agent Benjamin: I understand sir, unfortunately I do not have the power to reverse this. You would need to write a official letter to our account manager at this point. The ban complaint would be reviewed by the same department that decided to keep the account banned already. So the letter is the only real option.
X: who is this account manager?
Agent Benjamin: Micah Bravo
X: mind you, having half a mind to cancel my accounts right now too, this is unfair to say the least

I also read a story about a guy who changed his cc after apparently his account info was compromised by SE and got banned for it.

Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-10 05:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell him to learn Japanese and contact that version...

Can't tell you how many times I've seen the JP side of it kiss *** and treat people with respect, while the NA's are regarded, well in this manner.

You want an actual matter dealt with, when it comes to SE learn to speak Japanese.. Otherwise, expect to get told '*** you, fend for yourself, have a nice day (I know I won't because I just had to answer to your call for help, get ***) ***!!!'
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-06-10 05:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Issue isn't SE in this case. That's his shitty bank. Off course if your bank chargeback the fees taken by SE, SE is gonna suspend you because you didn't pay them.

That is perfectly normal. The account isn't ban for life, however your friend will have to register a new credit card and pay for overdue fees.

Tons of people are getting suspended every month either because of charge back or invalid credit card. This have nothing to do with a disciplinary measure, I don't even know why you even mention things such as "have 0 GM call to his name".
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-10 05:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:
Issue isn't SE in this case. That's his shitty bank. Off course if your bank chargeback the fees taken by SE, SE is gonna suspend you because you didn't pay them.

That is perfectly normal. The account isn't ban for life, however your friend will have to register a new credit card and pay for overdue fees.

Tons of people are getting suspended every month either because of charge back or invalid credit card. This have nothing to do with a disciplinary measure, I don't even know why you even mention things such as "have 0 GM call to his name".

Agent Benjamin: I understand sir, unfortunately I do not have the power to reverse this. You would need to write a official letter to our account manager at this point. The ban complaint would be reviewed by the same department that decided to keep the account banned already. So the letter is the only real option.

Yeah, that's not a permanant ban.. Like writing them a letter is going to change anything..
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-06-10 07:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Off course it will.

The poor dude taking your call have no power on reversing a suspension which is probably issued automatically. He's not the one responsible of billing. So write a letter already; explain your situation, and the suspension should be lifted.

Again it is nothing but NORMAL for a company to suspend the service they are providing you if a chargeback occur. Mistake from your credit card issuer? Then go complain to them and not SE, that just doesn't make any sense.

SE don't really care about what's happening on your end. Fact is : you used a service and you did not pay for it. Source of the problem is : whoever issued the credit card is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

This could happen with your ISP, your internet access would be cut for example. I believe that SE would permanently suspend your account only after repeated chargeback problem. Or if the card was used on several accounts, chargeback occurred and fees were never paid for some of these accounts, therefore all accounts tied to that credit card would get frozen.
[+]
 Valefor.Marianka
user: Marianka
By Valefor.Marianka 2010-06-10 07:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

to clarify: this is a US policy, no other regions seems to be this harsh. If it's a cc problem then banning won;t help because you actually need to log on onto playonline to change credit card info.

And despite saying that you if you don't pay you don;t get the service this seems pretty harsh after 72+ normal payments, no warning etc. It would seem more logic to contact the player, give him chance to update the info and rebill.

None of this stuff which is normal for any company billing people has been done by SE so I can't help thinking that in this case where the credit card was good, the credit was good, just some clerical error by the cc company was the cause, something out of control of the person in question.

So, basically SE-US thinks it's a good idea to ban people because of things out of their control, like the weather.

Also, not included was the painfully 9! questions I had to ask to get the adress of this account manager in question. You see a poor dude who had a bad day, I see an uncooperative *** who should never work in a job where he is in contact with people, animals or air

To get back to 0 gm calls: this is just to show you that there are actually nice people who never hurt anyone who get banned, while tons of racist, ignorant, anti-social people are still online.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-06-10 07:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:

Actually, I'm having to put in my card info every damn month. Same card and everything, but as soon as they charge the monthly fee it says there was a problem with my card and I have to reg another card and pay overdue fees. And everytime I just re-reg my old card, pay the fees and everything is well.

Just really annoying having to do it all every month. Awhile ago I send SE an email asking them whats up with that. The answer was that they have experienced problems with master card or something, then they pointed out that my fees have been paid late fore awhile.

No ***, when I have the money on my card but they dont take the money of my account, ofcourse the damn fee is gonna get paid late.
 Diabolos.Ariane
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Ariane 2010-06-10 07:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Marianka, I think you're confused about the difference between not paying the monthly fees and an actual chargeback.

If SE tried to bill your friend's CC and it was unable to go through, the account would've been suspended just until a new credit card is registered and the fees are paid.

In the case of a charge back, SE tried to bill your friend's CC, and the charge did go through, but the charges were reversed.

Now this may seem like the same thing, but in the case of a chargeback, no only do SE not get the money to pay for the account, but I believe they also are charged a fee by the CC company, and they also lose reputation with the CC card company. They can only have a certain amount of chargebacks if they want to continue offering service with that CC company.

Apparently SE has been having a lot of problems with chargebacks and so their solution is to simply ban players who do this. Which is fair since chargebacks should be a last resort, after you've tried to resolve the issues with the company themselves.

Now in the case of your friend, it sounds like the chargeback was accidental and not requested by him but was a glitch by his bank. Therefore the banning should be reversed, but your friend will have to prove that it was indeed a mistake.

He should contact his bank and find out why the chargeback occurred and either have his bank get in touch with SE to explain it, or forward their explanation to them. If indeed it was the bank's mistake, this shouldn't be an issue.

In regards to the SE Customer Service Representative being unhelpful, it seems to me that you were contacting them on behalf of your friend. Under those circumstances I'm quite frankly amazed you got as much information out of them as you did.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-10 08:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Ariane said:
Marianka, I think you're confused about the difference between not paying the monthly fees and an actual chargeback.

If SE tried to bill your friend's CC and it was unable to go through, the account would've been suspended just until a new credit card is registered and the fees are paid.

In the case of a charge back, SE tried to bill your friend's CC, and the charge did go through, but the charges were reversed.

Now this may seem like the same thing, but in the case of a chargeback, no only do SE not get the money to pay for the account, but I believe they also are charged a fee by the CC company, and they also lose reputation with the CC card company. They can only have a certain amount of chargebacks if they want to continue offering service with that CC company.

Apparently SE has been having a lot of problems with chargebacks and so their solution is to simply ban players who do this. Which is fair since chargebacks should be a last resort, after you've tried to resolve the issues with the company themselves.

Now in the case of your friend, it sounds like the chargeback was accidental and not requested by him but was a glitch by his bank. Therefore the banning should be reversed, but your friend will have to prove that it was indeed a mistake.

He should contact his bank and find out why the chargeback occurred and either have his bank get in touch with SE to explain it, or forward their explanation to them. If indeed it was the bank's mistake, this shouldn't be an issue.

In regards to the SE Customer Service Representative being unhelpful, it seems to me that you were contacting them on behalf of your friend. Under those circumstances I'm quite frankly amazed you got as much information out of them as you did.

>.> You need to post more often.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-06-10 08:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

@Carbuncle.Zanno]

Personally have 2 account, one used with a VISA CC, changed now to VISA debit, never had a single issue in 4 years+. 2nd account, MC CC, not a single issue as well...

Also Square Enix aren't the one who created the billing system they are probably using :|

@Valefor.Marianka

Chargeback ban happen on the EU side as well as a friend of mine had the same issue. And chargeback ban also happen with many others services as well. And Ariane already said everything that had to been said.
Quote:

They do if you can provide all the necessary details to confirm ownership :)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-06-10 08:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:
@Carbuncle.Zanno]

Personally have 2 account, one used with a VISA CC, changed now to VISA debit, never had a single issue in 4 years . 2nd account, MC CC, not a single issue as well...

hmm, idk. It's been like this for over a year, if not longer for me. Not that it really matters, as long as they dont ban me like they did the OP (or his friend). It only take me 10 extra minutes to log in once per month.

I do find it odd though that they either dont take the money, or cant take the money off my account even though the money is there.
 Fenrir.Empedocles
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Empedocles 2010-06-10 08:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
>.> You need to post more often.

Second.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-06-10 08:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Garuda.Antipika said:
@Carbuncle.Zanno]

Personally have 2 account, one used with a VISA CC, changed now to VISA debit, never had a single issue in 4 years . 2nd account, MC CC, not a single issue as well...

hmm, idk. It's been like this for over a year, if not longer for me. Not that it really matters, as long as they dont ban me like they did the OP (or his friend). It only take me 10 extra minutes to log in once per month.

I do find it odd though that they either dont take the money, or cant take the money off my account even though the money is there.

Maybe an issue with your bank I don't know as well. One sure thing, the goal of SE is to make money, so when it comes to milk your bank account, I am pretty certain that they do there best to succeed :D
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-10 11:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

haha lol '*** you' basicly what they said.
Reminds me when i called them 3 times so they could help me do the payment options edit, since on POL it was broken
first they said they couldnt
then they said they could but the cc was already verified so couldnt
then they said it was not on their power

they *** suck.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-10 11:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
haha lol '*** you' basicly what they said.
Reminds me when i called them 3 times so they could help me do the payment options edit, since on POL it was broken
first they said they couldnt
then they said they could but the cc was already verified so couldnt
then they said it was not on their power

they *** suck.
Did you try to change your CC info when the POL stuff was broken?
That ***breaks every month, so you should be able to kinda change yer ***with that in mind :/

in reference to OP, i always thought it was funny that they have you "mail" ***out to the person in charge of the bans, it's 2010 for allahs sake.
By Zekko 2010-06-10 11:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

SE have the worst customer service i've ever seen. They really DGAF about their playerbase, tbh they should be happy that they even have a playerbase with their attitude towards people that are paying to play this game.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-10 12:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
SE have the worst customer service i've ever seen. They really DGAF about their playerbase, tbh they should be happy that they even have a playerbase with their attitude towards people that are paying to play this game.
I'd imagine their outlook is that they are going to bleed the japanophiles dry, typically if you are a japanophile you throw your money away on japanese products anyway...lol
"LOL SILLY AMERICAN, U CANNOT HAS GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE BECAUSE YOU ARE EVIL"