Is The Skadi Set Useful?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is the Skadi set useful?
Is the Skadi set useful?
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2010-06-09 14:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So on a salvage run last night, I ended up with the 25s for head/body for Skadi since I couldn't bear to see them hit the floor. Of course, I don't have any of those jobs anywhere near 75, but just in case I do get around to it, are those pieces (or any of Skadi) great items for any of the jobs that use it?

Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-09 14:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Head is an ok for like sata. Maybe ranged ws

Body is ultimate DE peice. And um idk charm? Body kinda lame really.

Hands are good for shooting stuff.

Legs are good for tping in both for melee and shooting.

Feet are nice to shoot in and decent ws peices for some jobs. And well movement speed.
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2010-06-09 14:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool - thanks!
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-09 14:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Skadi's Visor- is all-round Mediocre. Not terrible, but there are better, more specialized Options.

Skadi's Cuirie- The Best Dancing Edge piece, and the best(?) Accuracy Boosting TP piece for Thief. THF/BST's (That's Thief subbing Beastmaster) Best Charisma Option for Charming. Like Visor, it winds up being "Generally good" but not really amazingoshitz for anything beyond Dancing Edge.

Skadi's Bazubands- The Best Archery based Ranged Attack hand slot. The Best Corsair WS Hand Slot, though Crimson/Blood, or AF2 might be better if you Shoot for TP, or Dusk obviously if you Melee.

Skadi's Chausses- The Stand-Out of the Set. The Best TP phase for Everything but BST and Melee'ing (Like with KC) Ranger.

Skadi's Jambeaux- Respectable, and 'fairly' easy to obtain. Top Tier Ranged Attacking boots for all but Corsair (AF+1 better). Beastmaster's only Movement Speed enhancement option, baring ASA augmentation.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-09 14:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I have trotters and of the jobs that can wear skadi only rng and thf lvl'd so I'd rate hands higher than feet.

Hands would be a nice TA peice. Or maybe even TA ws peice assuming you don't have af+1 hands. Probably highest dmg peice for hands unless you capping fstr. And obviously not best if you need some more racc
 Seraph.Corrderio
Server: Seraph
user: Corrderio
By Seraph.Corrderio 2010-06-09 14:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Skadi Body is pretty good piece for Corsairs if you want to spend the money on it. However since a COR's main damage method in endgame is Quick Draw it kind of defeats the purpose of getting it unless you're a hardcore COR.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-09 15:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem with Skadi body, esp for COR, there are other options that are just as good or better so its generally not worth the 12 mil to upgrade.

For Melee TP, you have Cobra Harness, for Shooting you have af+1 or augmented body if you go that rout.
 Seraph.Corrderio
Server: Seraph
user: Corrderio
By Seraph.Corrderio 2010-06-09 15:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Problem with Skadi body, esp for COR, there are other options that are just as good or better so its generally not worth the 12 mil to upgrade.

For Melee TP, you have Cobra Harness, for Shooting you have af 1 or augmented body if you go that rout.
Very true, the only real reason I'd go for Skadi on COR is it's a pretty nice all around Slug Shot piece since it has a nice balance of AGI, R.Atk, and R.Acc. However you can get pretty similar results with a HQ Corsair's Frac, just 3 less AGI.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.