users online
Forum » FFXI » General » I seriously cant believe this bullshit
I seriously cant believe this bullshit
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2010-06-07 19:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes me not wanna move out (lol) cause I'd have to change my mailing address, is this really the bull many put up with if they have to ether get a new CC cos its expiring or have to change your mailing address? then like what if you decide to move out of the country? it seems like a huge pain in the ***, hopefully you get your account back.
 Fenrir.Thermistacles
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Thermistacles 2010-06-07 20:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Settiesama said:
Quote:
My account was hacked and it took over a month for them to fix it.
I also change my credit card like.. every month.. and haven't been banned.. Might be another reason they're not explaining. oO

There isnt some hidden underlying thing. I brought this here to get help not to stir up some fake controversy. Everybody has an escape this is mine, I dont do anything screwed up in the game, anybody on Fenrir that knows me I will go out of my way to help people ie i got off my chocobo in the middle of the jungle to help someone i had no idea who it was that was getting owned by lizards and gobs. I enjoy the game and try to make the game enjoyable for everybody
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-06-07 20:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

not reading all the other posts but they hardly ever reverse bans, grats on your permanent ffxi vacation brah
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-07 20:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
You were banned because your name is too close to "testicles".

Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce 2010-06-07 21:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

i have to change my cc every month because i use prepaid cards and ive never been banned lol
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2010-06-07 22:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stunx said:
changed cc info on xbox? doesnt xbox/ps2 bypass the new 3D code when changing CC's? maybe that triggered it?
 Fenrir.Thermistacles
By Fenrir.Thermistacles 2010-06-07 22:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No xbox account different then playonline account
 Siren.Stunx
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2010-06-07 22:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

-.-

when u pay via pc u have to enter an extra code for new CC's. called "3D", not the normal 3 digit code.

i mean this: http://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/cardholderservices/securecode/index.html

on xbox and ps2 (POL), those seem to bypass it. maybe SE is getting paranoid and this set them off.

Ragnarok.Nyran
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nyran
By Ragnarok.Nyran 2010-06-07 22:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Thermistacles said:
Agent Kim: Thank you for visiting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center, David! Take care and hope to see you online!
Thank you for using our SQUARE ENIX Support Center chat line. Take care and hope to see you online!
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Not to send this thread on a tangent, but did anyone else notice this? I am aware it is probably the same generic parting statement all SE customer service people give, but....

Does anyone else see the irony given that the entire session was just about this gentleman being banned? Methinks it says a bit about the kind of quality service you are getting, regardless if it is a scripted response or not.
[+]
 Diabolos.Anthaio
Server: Diabolos
user: anthaio
By Diabolos.Anthaio 2010-06-07 22:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely, you will get your account back, but it will take them time. Takes about a week to a month, and don't get scared if they send you a snail-mail (rl letter) that says you're 'perma banned' long after the fact that they restored your access. The se mailing department is slower than ***as well. Right now they are dealing with an attack, and exactly what information was actually compromised. It must go pretty deep though. It seems like many people sometimes get lumped together and 'locked down' until they fully examine everything, which takes se a little time. Write them a letter also, and don't hold back on the bitching. They need to hear the opinions of us real players, because maybe one day, they will realize why they lost hundreds of disgruntled players a year ago. They had to merge servers for a reason. Imo it's because of decreasing popularity with customer service, or the ***like you're going through now. I've had many friends voluntarily leave the game because they were sick of all the *** se puts us through in times like this, or when they get hacked, stolen account, lm-17 banned, or simple cc change.

6-7-10: They have also changed some of our passwords - EVEN IF YOU HAVE a security token, and a square enix account link.

Problem is: They don't tell you which of the 4 places to put this newly emailed temporary password. It goes on the viewer's user settings, buried in the very first screen menu, not the square enix account, or during normal login to the game. Make sure your EMAIL is current, or you will not have access to the new random generated temporary passwords that were emailed to some of us today - even if you have and use security tokens.

In the meantime, you can review an old post of mine and what I had to go through to get back. It's amazing how after all this time, they still have the standard script they put us through:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=3681&page=4#143239

Try not to worry, they will eventually get their heads out of their ***, and your account accessible again. They just need to know that you are you, and the owner of your account, and not someone that just got a bunch of passwords and information that was recently hacked, pretending to be you. Don't forget to write a real letter too. Imo, it helps establish your a real person, and not rmt or a bot, or the hacker that recently got their "sensitive user information."
Changing your cc info during this attack, and hack investigation is an unfortunate coincidence which probably sent up a red flag. It'll take a little bit, but hopefully you'll be back I'm sure.

Hope this helps.

Ant
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-06-07 22:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
lol I hate to sound so obvious, but there's a notice about it in the RSS feed on the front of the site.

You assume that I actually read the news items that are auto-RSS'd to our front page. >.>
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-18 05:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-06-18 05:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Agent Tiffany? Agent Kim?

What is this? Mission impossible?
 Fenrir.Necrids
user: Necrids
By Fenrir.Necrids 2010-06-18 06:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

; ; that sux thermi >.< fight for ur account back. and you had recently gotten ur kraken club too. hopefully u get ur account back so we can duo dd whm some of the new stuff thats getting added.
 Phoenix.Settiesama
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Settiesama 2010-06-18 06:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Settiesama said:
Quote:
I also change my credit card like.. every month.. and haven't been banned.. Might be another reason they're not explaining. oO
There isnt some hidden underlying thing. I brought this here to get help not to stir up some fake controversy. Everybody has an escape this is mine, I dont do anything screwed up in the game, anybody on Fenrir that knows me I will go out of my way to help people ie i got off my chocobo in the middle of the jungle to help someone i had no idea who it was that was getting owned by lizards and gobs. I enjoy the game and try to make the game enjoyable for everybody

That's not what I mean. I meant like.. maybe there is something else that has you banned, not the CC issue. They mentioned a fax, something on that could have caused a perma ban. I don't know. Just saying, I change my CC ALOT (Both xbox and on PC), and haven't been banned.. I dunno, just trying to give other options or something to help out. :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-18 06:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just write a letter and send it in. Everyone I know who has been LM-17 from charge backs / CC issues have received their accounts back. Unless SE switched you over to LM-11 then you're completely screwed.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-18 12:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Settiesama said:
Phoenix.Settiesama said:
Quote:

That's not what I mean. I meant like.. maybe there is something else that has you banned, not the CC issue. They mentioned a fax, something on that could have caused a perma ban. I don't know. Just saying, I change my CC ALOT (Both xbox and on PC), and haven't been banned.. I dunno, just trying to give other options or something to help out. :P

No.. this was the reason he was perma banned, it was not something else. SE does make mistakes like this and refuses to fix it, or even if credit/bank makes mistakes they will not be reasonable in their decision. Tos change or not curse out customer service, and threaten to sue. Despite tos there should be a right in U.S law that allows you to do so.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-18 12:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
Just write a letter and send it in. Everyone I know who has been LM-17 from charge backs / CC issues have received their accounts back. Unless SE switched you over to LM-11 then you're completely screwed.

Even if he received a LM-11 there is something they can do, they have account data, how hard is it to reverse a decision? I mean they went and said, no no no no we looked at fax and it will remain. There is something they can do..
 Siren.Krystale
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-06-18 12:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I havent log on for like 3 month, my prepaid CC changed mastercard to visa during the time I wasnt there and im getting worried seeing all those CC-ban related ;;
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-18 17:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:

Even if he received a LM-11 there is something they can do, they have account data, how hard is it to reverse a decision? I mean they went and said, no no no no we looked at fax and it will remain. There is something they can do..

Yeah of course if you're discussing to totality of an argument. We all know there's something they can physically do; access database, then activate his account. I'm sure everyone knew the meaning of my statement considering SE's complete stubborn business practices. Once they "finalize" an LM-17 to an LM-11, you're screwed because SE will not help you, although they can.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-18 17:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Krystale said:
Man I havent log on for like 3 month, my prepaid CC changed mastercard to visa during the time I wasnt there and im getting worried seeing all those CC-ban related ;;

Did you disable your account? That's such a waste of money if you didn't ._.'