Forum » FFXI » General » anyone having quest starting issues with
anyone having quest starting issues with
 Sylph.Aleeanne
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Aleeanne
By Sylph.Aleeanne 2010-06-06 08:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm wondering if anyone is having a problem getting the quest "Songbirds in a Snowstorm" (Sandy quest storyline) i have Bonds That Never Die completed, even showing up in my completed quest log, but i cannot get Songbirds to even start. wondering if there is something that might be missing or something like that or if anyone is having a similar issue.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-06 08:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki says this;
Talk to Rholont Southern San d'Oria (S) (E-7) for a cutscene.
(You must wait one Vana'diel day after completion of Bonds That Never Die to receive the cutscene.)

Talk to Daigraffeaux Southern San d'Oria (S) (I-11) at the Chocobo-Stable for a cutscene. (This quest now appears in your list)

Zone into Beaucedine Glacier (S) for a cutscene.

Nothing wrong with it as far as I am able to gather. There was a problem with it when it first came out but that was on the Japanese client only and fixed shortly after on November 13th.

*edited after information was gathered*
 Sylph.Aleeanne
By Sylph.Aleeanne 2010-06-06 08:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yep read everything on wiki and i seem to have everything going my way. i know i'm farther along on the quests than the missions but from everything i see, its only the missions that require certain quests to be done, and so far i have meet all those requirements. i know about a 1.5 year ago i had to get my character reset because of a hacking but i'm wondering if that might have had something to do with it and glitched my quest log.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-06 08:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I suggest contacting a GM then and explaining your situation. I faintly recall someone posting they had glitched key items, but I am unsure how a quest log can be or if it can even be fixed by a GM. Anyhow this is something only SE can fix for you from what it is sounding like.
 Sylph.Aleeanne
By Sylph.Aleeanne 2010-06-06 08:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

will have to try that and see if there is anything they can acutally do. ty much. just really erks me i cant advance in the storyline quests, and i have friends that are catching up with me that i want to keep on going with. but ty for your input and hope something can be done.