Level Cap Raise Requirements.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Level cap raise requirements.
Level cap raise requirements.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-06-05 01:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
They did indeed say in an interview there would be no quest for the level 80 cap. I would venture to say that in order to break it, you first need your level 75 exp points capped, then acquire 10 merit points, and finally get 10,000 limit points (an 11th merit if such a thing were possible). After that, all the merit and limit points are spent, and merits are no longer accessible until level 80, or at least Group 3s ^^

wow that's something i really see SE doing lol, as to what to do in the 3 weeks of waiting, trying to get all my ***to 49.. or at least NIN/DRK/SCH/DNC/SAM.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-06-05 01:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You and me both man!!
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-06-05 02:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I really cant see them nerfing lvl 75 group 1/2 merit setup, if anything to get 76+ you would simply have to switch over to xp mode, and gain the xp to level up as normal, but if youre 75 you would still be able to switch and do merits as normal... if they add new group 3 merits, i would assume you would have to gain whatever level they become accessible at. then simply switch over mode to merits for that level and do the same as 75

(hoping its this simple at least)
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-06-05 02:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I really hope so, if there are group 3 merits it will be post 99 most likely.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-06-05 02:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie said:
Glad I wasn't talking out of my ***. Curious to see what that "requirement" turns out to be.

I would wager it has nothing to do with limit points, etc... and probably has everything to do with the magian system of somesort
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-06-05 02:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
I really hope so, if there are group 3 merits it will be post at 99 most likely.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-06-05 02:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=21769

Last paragraph about Level cap raise. No Limit Break as we know it, but some 'requirement" to fullfill.

10 gil says the 'requirement' is capped merits in the job you wish to progress.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-06-05 02:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

Last paragraph about Level cap raise. No Limit Break as we know it, but some 'requirement" to fullfill.

man i hope not
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-06-05 02:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Straight XP is what I am hoping for. There is enough quest in this game!!
 Shiva.Dwyte
Server: Shiva
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2010-06-05 02:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
I really cant see them nerfing lvl 75 group 1/2 merit setup, if anything to get 76 you would simply have to switch over to xp mode, and gain the xp to level up as normal, but if youre 75 you would still be able to switch and do merits as normal... if they add new group 3 merits, i would assume you would have to gain whatever level they become accessible at. then simply switch over mode to merits for that level and do the same as 75

(hoping its this simple at least)

i was kinda thinking something like this also, but then again, who would stop lvl'ing to 80 to merit, so then i kinda thought that they would just put merits at w/e lvl cap for the time is, untill 99. and maybe making the spells/abilitys from merits a little stronger or something dunno
 Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ouch
By Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie 2010-06-05 03:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more worried about how they plan to handle merits which grant higher tiers of existing spells (Slow II for RDM, tier II AM for BLM, or tier III ninjitsu, for example). In 24 levels, it's entirely feasible that we could potentially see things like Slow III or tier IV ninjitsu, although those might be borderline broken. If we don't get higher tiers than those which already exist for those spells, then it's hard to believe that RDM would not learn Slow II naturally from 76-99. In the case of BLM, tier V nukes stand to make AM2 obsolete.

There are a couple ways around it, I suppose. The best solution, I think, is to make all these spells learned natively from 76-99 and simply restructure the existing merits so that they affect all tiers. For example, Freeze II would simply become "Freeze Potency" which would grant the standard +3 magic burst damage and +5 magic accuracy for all tiers of Ancient Magic (or the +potency and +magic accuracy for all tiers of slow... you get the idea).

I suppose we'll just wait and see. I just hope Square Enix doesn't make ***tonnes of merits completely useless with this level cap increase, and I don't see very many ways around that in some cases.
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-06-05 03:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad I wasn't talking out of my ***. Curious to see what that "requirement" turns out to be.
finish wotg complete

@ouchi to your last post: i can see that coming.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-05 03:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Some ***... Nuff said.
By Meowzer 2010-06-05 04:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad 'shop because I'm tired and bored but lulz away.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-06-05 14:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

I really hope this is the case.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-06-05 14:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see capped group1/2 merits being a requirement
 Gilgamesh.Kudos
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kudos
By Gilgamesh.Kudos 2010-06-05 15:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Vision of Abyssea comes out the same time, right? Wouldn't surprise me if you had to own it to be able to level higher.
 Sylph.Wolfjorg
Server: Sylph
user: wolfjorgg
By Sylph.Wolfjorg 2010-06-05 15:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kudos said:
Vision of Abyssea comes out the same time, right? Wouldn't surprise me if you had to own it to be able to level higher.

Yeah seems the most likely idea.