By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 23:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

and this is why http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Trial_898
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-01 23:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Would rather have that, then this a minimum of 5 times, but in all actuality, it would probably be more like ~8 times, if you're the ONLY one lotting...
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-06-01 23:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That should be an amazingly easy solo for cor, I personally soloed it 6 times drk/sch
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 23:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

fair enough, but either way it is ridiculous
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-01 23:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
fair enough, but either way it is ridiculous
To that I completely agree..
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-01 23:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
That should be an amazingly easy solo for cor, I personally soloed it 6 times drk/sch

you solo'd it? bio 2 kite or what?
By Flunklesnarkin 2010-06-02 00:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Why solo that ***.. do random shout groups for the vnm's.

Lots of people will help just to upgrade their abyssites besides others who are the same trial as you.

Finished 3 of the max damage weapons so far doing random shout groups and it doesn't take long to kill both colorful abyssite nm's once you get going.

Can kill all 12 in about 3~4 hours. (6 for the trial you need, 6 for the other vnm trials people might need).

Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-02 00:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

the VNM system sucks...I think the only reason SE put in the trials is so that people would HAVE to do VNMs
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-06-02 01:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:

you solo'd it? bio 2 kite or what?

Yes, and i had a decent elemental magic setup so they were doin ~150 for T2s, its low but it speeds it up a lot. You can pin the NMs on the terrain so they cant hit you.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-06-02 01:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, keep in mind that SE plans to add to the existing trials. Perhaps they'll have some nice rewards, but more than likely they won't! Currently the only trial weapon I've completed is a Teiwaz with cure+15% on it. Only other thing I want is a Vengeance Scythe with max dmg and occ. attks twice >->; Would need 10 eyes from that pixie tho... /wrist
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-02 01:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I need the dmg+7 gun....thats the only one I'm interested in lol
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-02 01:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
the VNM system sucks...I think the only reason SE put in the trials is so that people would HAVE to do VNMs
I'd rephrase, but still feel the same.. (obviously you're going to want to do the ridiculous VNM involved ones, because for the most part they are the best..

The way I see it is they've added a bunch of solo stuff to the game, and are now trying to force you back into party mode to compensate.

I really don't see any of the higher VNM's being soloable by any job (maybe, MAYBE a very skilled summoner with a shitload of time on his hands, I've watched Ruthven be attacked (I gave up watching after 20+mins) by a full alliance, only to hear 20 or so minutes after that they finally killed it..) so if you COULD do it on SMN, it would take for *** ever.

So yeah, you're pretty much forced to form groups again... Given the fact that pretty much all new NMs are immune to bind or grav (or so resistant to them they might as well be) you're for the most part, forced party up to do anything involving them.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-06-02 01:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
I'd rephrase, but still feel the same.. (obviously you're going to want to do the ridiculous VNM involved ones, because for the most part they are the best..

The way I see it is they've added a bunch of solo stuff to the game, and are now trying to force you back into party mode to compensate.

I really don't see any of the higher VNM's being soloable by any job (maybe, MAYBE a very skilled summoner with a shitload of time on his hands, I've watched Ruthven be attacked (I gave up watching after 20 mins) by a full alliance, only to hear 20 or so minutes after that they finally killed it..) so if you COULD do it on SMN, it would take for *** ever.

So yeah, you're pretty much forced to form groups again... Given the fact that pretty much all new NMs are immune to bind or grav (or so resistant to them they might as well be) you're for the most part, forced party up to do anything involving them.

A lot of them are low manable, but that's besides the point really. A skilled SMN couldn't solo Ruthven because you have a 2hr time limit before it goes away, and a single SMN wouldn't be able to kill it fast enough. Two SMNs can though.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-02 01:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

I really don't see any of the higher VNM's being soloable by any job (maybe, MAYBE a very skilled summoner with a shitload of time on his hands, I've watched Ruthven be attacked (I gave up watching after 20 mins) by a full alliance, only to hear 20 or so minutes after that they finally killed it..) so if you COULD do it on SMN, it would take for *** ever.

A lot of them are low manable, but that's besides the point really. A skilled SMN couldn't solo Ruthven because you have a 2hr time limit before it goes away, and a single SMN wouldn't be able to kill it fast enough. Two SMNs can though.

That's why I said higher level VNM's.. Soon I'll be trying the Fly in Meri Mountains/West Sarutabaruta with just a THF/NIN and DNC/NIN.. But that's also why I capatlized maybe.. It's honestly the only job I can see being able to do some form of DD and not dying within 60 seconds (when I watched that LS do it, I was unaware that you didn't have to be in PT/Alliance for it's AoE moves to effect you as well.. He did his drain move and took away over half my health as 75RDM, not that it's a tanking job, but that is still pretty damn nasty and would add up quick for any job attemping to melee it)
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-06-02 01:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

That's why I said higher level VNM's.. Soon I'll be trying the Fly in Meri Mountains/West Sarutabaruta with just a THF/NIN and DNC/NIN.. But that's also why I capatlized maybe.. It's honestly the only job I can see being able to do some form of DD and not dying within 60 seconds (when I watched that LS do it, I was unaware that you didn't have to be in PT/Alliance for it's AoE moves to effect you as well.. He did his drain move and took away over half my health as 75RDM, not that it's a tanking job, but that is still pretty damn nasty and would add up quick for any job attemping to melee it)

I duo (trio I guess since he 2boxes) all of the VNMs sans Verthandi/Blobdingnag/Yilb with my bf, and I'm always SMN as our main form of damage besides Faeries, and it is a very effective form of damage. Mostly safe too.
By Flunklesnarkin 2010-06-02 02:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Are people suggesting that being able to get the highest dmg/dps weapon in the game for each job is too difficult too obtain because you need a party to do it in a reasonable time?
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-02 02:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Flunklesnarkin said:
Are people suggesting that being able to get the highest dmg/dps weapon in the game for each job is too difficult too obtain because you need a party to do it in a reasonable time?
honestly, they aren't too difficult to obtain. It isn't the level of difficulty so much as it is the level of annoyance. Your crystal can break...you don't always get that spawn...you have to kill the same close to HNM level mob numerous times...you have to kill pre-reqs before you can even get to the mob in question.
 Phoenix.Oumura
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-06-02 02:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The first tiers is a joke. Second can be a pain based on what you're needing. Feuerunke in particular isn't to bad and can be 4-manned. Granted it can be a long fight if you don't take advantage of his PHYS resistance drop during HF, but a good rush during can bring him down rather quickly. After doing multiple fights myself (been working Ruthven pops. :x) the longest was a 45min slow/safe kill (NIN/WAR, me BLU/NIN or BLU/DRK, RDM and a BRD) versus adding a second stunner, BLU DRK or DNC, and rushing it during HF took roughly 13-15.

You'd need max 4-6. Considering how popular Magians is it should't be too horribly hard to find people. I'd like to go for that gun myself actually, once I take up COR. XD
Already kill Feuerunke enough that 6 more times wouldn't really phase me.

On a side note Verthandi/Urd/Skuld are fun to SAMtank. XD

(Late response, only check back here every so often.) x3
Ignore anything that may have already been said.
Iirc the crystals always break when you pop a T3, no?
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-02 02:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
The first tiers is a joke. Second can be a pain based on what you're needing. Feuerunke in particular isn't to bad and can be 4-manned. Granted it can be a long fight if you don't take advantage of his PHYS resistance drop during HF, but a good rush during can bring him down rather quickly. After doing multiple fights myself (been working Ruthven pops. :x) the longest was a 45min slow/safe kill (NIN/WAR, me BLU/NIN or BLU/DRK, RDM and a BRD) versus adding a second stunner, BLU DRK or DNC, and rushing it during HF took roughly 13-15.

You'd need max 4-6. Considering how popular Magians is it should't be too horribly hard to find people. I'd like to go for that gun myself actually, once I take up COR. XD
Already kill Feuerunke enough that 6 more times wouldn't really phase me.

On a side note Verthandi/Urd/Skuld are fun to SAMtank. XD

(Late response, only check back here every so often.) x3
Ignore anything that may have already been said.
Iirc the crystals always break when you pop a T3, no?
I think the crystal has a chance to break...I dont know if 100% on a T3...if ur crystal breaks (since mine did break and I gave up) do you have to go back and do Tier 1 mobs again until it changes color? b/c that sht was annoying...took 4 pops to get mine to change color on tier 1...tier 2 took days..
 Phoenix.Oumura
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-06-02 02:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Once it breaks you have to start from T1 again. Essentially you repeat the entire process.

T1 took roughly 8 kills. T2 was a pain in the *** but Feuerunke finally put out after about 6-7 pops between him and Erebus.

Also, tried SAMtanking Ruthven, (me and another SAM/NIN.) Don't recommend trying that if you pop him in Beaucedine S. >.>; My pop was near a ramp full mobs an needless to say things got ugly very quickly. His attack rate is incredibly slow at least, making utsu recast a non-issue for anything sub nin.