Working FFXI Parser?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Working FFXI parser?
Working FFXI parser?
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 21:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

mine isn't working for some reason, probably b/c I haven't used it in a long time. Anyone have an updated one?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-01 21:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't get mine working either, it just says "Parsing BIOS" or words like that.
 Diabolos.Renavi
Server: Diabolos
user: Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-06-01 21:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

KParser worked for me just a week or two ago.. can probably use google for download link.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-06-01 21:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

kparser never worked for me. Starts up on 1 mob and stops was super gay
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 21:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

mine just shows blank logs..
 Diabolos.Renavi
user: Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-06-01 22:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I've never had a problem with it so I can't really help, sorries. No technical difficulties for me. x.x
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-01 22:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine doesn't even start logging lol. Using Kparser.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-01 22:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I never could get kparser to work. Going to try it again, but this time on my laptop. See if it acts any different.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-01 22:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be an issue with Windows 7, I have a friend who has no problem at all with it on XP.

(Edit: Might want to try compatibility mode)
 Sylph.Bouncingflea
Server: Sylph
user: Roiclem
By Sylph.Bouncingflea 2010-06-01 22:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Try running it in administrator mode or disabling UAC. I have no problem running in on my installation.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-01 22:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
It might be an issue with Windows 7, I have a friend who has no problem at all with it on XP.

(Edit: Might want to try compatibility mode)
Yeah, my desktop has 7 32-bit. Laptop has 7 64-bit. I can try on my other desktop that still has XP on it, but I might've already done that.
Sylph.Bouncingflea said:
Try running it in administrator mode or disabling UAC. I have no problem running in on my installation.
Didn't help with mine. I've had UAC disabled since my windower issues on initial setup.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-01 22:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had UAC disabled as soon as I got pissed when it was asking me for everything, tried running as Admin too.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 22:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

my Kparser won't work on 64-bit Vista. UAC has been disabled for over a year. I also tried DirectParse...and it didn't work ><
 Sylph.Bouncingflea
By Sylph.Bouncingflea 2010-06-01 22:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Try running it from a location other than the x86 program folder. I know windower won't work properly if it's in there on a 64 bit installation.

I have mine "installed" in my user folder.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 23:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

my windower runs fine in the x86 folder and my parser is in a folder on my desktop atm
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-06-01 23:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried getting kparser to work as well and it runs but misses about 75% of what goes on in the log. After an hour meriting it said I only attacked a total of 50 times. No idea what to do to fix it. (Filters were in order, didn't have it checking lot)
 Sylph.Bouncingflea
By Sylph.Bouncingflea 2010-06-01 23:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish i could tell you something else, I don't have any problems running it on mine :/
 Unicorn.Motenten
VIP
Server: Unicorn
user: Motenten
By Unicorn.Motenten 2010-06-03 14:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Download: http://code.google.com/p/kparser/

Current version is 1.5.6, 1.5.7 should be getting pushed within a few days.

A few people have had issues with configuration data getting junked up after a few version upgrades. If you want to start from a clean slate, go to either:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Wayward_Gamers\KParser.exe_Url_[random stuff] (on Win7)
or
C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Wayward_Gamers\KParser.exe_Url_[random stuff] (on WinXP) (pretty sure I'm not forgetting a subdirectory there..)

and:
1) Move all old parses out of any subdirectories, if you saved any in there. This is the default save location. Place them in a more generally accessible spot.
2) Delete all subdirectories (each one will be named according to the version of the program being run). Also, if you have multiple KParser.exe_ directories, delete all of those as well.

Next time you run it will create a fresh default configuration. Update your Options to your new default save directory, as well.

If you're seeing nothing but a blank screen, make sure you've opened one of the tabs from the Windows menu. I turned off the default of loading all new plugin tabs on startup because people commonly left -all- those tabs open while parsing (very very bad; while each individual tab is fairly fast, trying to update all 20+ tabs every few seconds can really kill the system, especially as the parse gets very large). I'll see about opening at least one tab whenever the program is first loaded.

If you're on Vista/Win7 you'll need to approve the UAC prompt (if you haven't disabled that). You do not need to modify the properties on the executable; a configuration manifest that requests permissions elevation is part of the installation.

There should be no difference in trying to use the program on 64-bit vs 32-bit systems. KParser will always run in 32-bit mode because it has to access FFXI's memory, and FFXI always runs in 32-bit, so KParser has to match.

Make sure you have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed/patched.

If nothing else, go to the Windows/About dialog and bring up the Error log to see if it's giving you errors. Feel free to delete everything in the file (and save it) if you're trying to replicate a problem and want to be sure the error is 'new'.

Cerberus.Dizzmal
Server: Cerberus
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-06-03 14:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
my Kparser won't work on 64-bit Vista. UAC has been disabled for over a year. I also tried DirectParse...and it didn't work ><

After getting directparse make sure you update the memlock. It will be posted in the support forums. I use directparse with 64bit Vista and have no problems.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [149 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Ethx
Server: Siren
user: Dantes
By Siren.Ethx 2010-10-30 15:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone got a damn working parser?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu