Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » stone s. mnd cap
stone s. mnd cap
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-05-30 13:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

does having enhancing gear increase the stoneskin cap? i.e. my rdm has 95 mnd so adding enhancing gear to my stoneskin macro is a waste? since all u really need is 95 mnd. does anyone know?
 Cerberus.Soluna
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: GE4
By Cerberus.Soluna 2010-05-30 13:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Only way to increase the cap is with the Stone Gorget and Stone Mufflers, and even then that add the extra 30 HP onto it, so just get the 95MND and you'll be good.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-05-30 14:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Stoneskin caps at 350 without "enhances stoneskin" gear.
 Siren.Julio
Server: Siren
user: Julio
By Siren.Julio 2010-05-30 14:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The OP's questions have been sufficiently answered by Soluna and Quipto, but in order to elaborate on the workings of enhancing magic, MND and stoneskin-items, I am going to quote myself from this thread:

Siren.Julio said:
wiki.ffxiclopedia.org said:
Notes
The formula for determining how much damage is absorbed is:

where
The damage absorbed from the spell is capped at 350. However, receiving the Stoneskin effect from this spell while equipped with Stone Gorget adds an additional 30 damage absorbed, and Stone Mufflers adds another 30. These additional "HP" are not limited by the spell's natural cap; when Stone Gorget and Stone Mufflers are used together, the maximum total damage absorbed by the Stoneskin is raised to 410.
Note that when cast as Accession Stoneskin, enhancing "Stoneskin" equipment must be worn by the receiver in order to take effect--a Scholar cannot give Stoneskin above 350HP to people who are using neither Stone Gorget nor Stone Mufflers.

source

What this means is that for the neckslot the stoneskin torque is the optimal choice. To answer your question of choosing between enhancing torque and MND 5, we would need to know what the rest of your setup looks like. In general one can say though that MND > Enhancing Magic for Stoneskin.
[+]