Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Ultmate Colleection on 360
FFXI Ultmate Colleection on 360
 Siren.Sinneloa
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Sinneloa
By Siren.Sinneloa 2010-05-28 09:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive just got one but heard its buggy. Is this true?

Sin
 Phoenix.Spheroth
Server: Phoenix
user: Spheroth
By Phoenix.Spheroth 2010-05-28 09:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

the whole xbox version of the game is fail. D/C from besiged, terrible graphics ect... id say get a pc ^.^ you can get a decent one for a little more then the price of an elite. You just need to look
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-05-28 09:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Spheroth said:
the whole xbox version of the game is fail. D/C from besiged, terrible graphics ect... id say get a pc ^.^ you can get a decent one for a little more then the price of an elite. You just need to look
Ive heard the newer xboxes dont have the D/C in Besieged problem. as for graphics there not nearly the best but there not horrible.
But anyway, PC is the better choice for this game but if u can't then stick with whatever you have

I havent had any problem with the ultimate collection disk myself. mabie its just some?
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-05-28 10:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not the disc that bugs out but the game itself. The disc isn't used in general play other than to appease the xbox's lust for a disc in it's mouth.
 Bahamut.Habs
Server: Bahamut
user: habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2010-05-28 10:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

other than a d/c at the end of besieged the 360 works ok.i have 1 of the newer models that doesnt run as hot and i still dc in besieged.
to tell you the truth besieged is like 1% of the game,my skills on all jobs are capped and i dont isnm so why go?o the get a pc argument:a pc costs a minimum of 500$ a 360 was 120$.

i also find that quite a few noobs feel the need to put down 360 players.saying they generally have a lack of skill.well i still know a few that have been playing since 360 beta 5 years ago would pone you so hard youd be eating dirt.

i wonder if a jp plays on a 360 hes good...but a na plays on a 360 and he automatically sucks lol what a joke.
 Alexander.Aphy
Server: Alexander
user: aphy9
By Alexander.Aphy 2010-05-28 10:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the game for 360 thinking I would just start playing on there, but ended up going back to the PC version. I though it was pretty terrible myself. The worst part is for people trying to make a new character with a new content ID. It gets linked to the X BOX and then you cant log in from anywhere else. Stick with the PC version, or PS2.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-05-28 10:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

New 360's (Elites, I'm assuming you mean) still have the DC issue when exposed to a vast amount of lag for an extended period of time. Enter Besieged 20 minutes after it starts. You'll still cap easily, not DC and avoid a whole lot of QQ.

You will, however, likely DC during a long Dynamis. I usually do so about 2.5-3 hours into one (Mainly xarcabard or BCD...) and I can recall once during a LONG campaign battle that would have netted like 6k EXP. ***happens though.

To answer the OP, I personally did not use one of those but know three people who did. None of them have had an issue other than what all 360 users do, and have enjoyed the free Nexus Cape that came with it. >.>
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-05-28 10:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Aphy said:
I got the game for 360 thinking I would just start playing on there, but ended up going back to the PC version. I though it was pretty terrible myself. The worst part is for people trying to make a new character with a new content ID. It gets linked to the X BOX and then you cant log in from anywhere else. Stick with the PC version, or PS2.
What are you talking about? I have 360 and PC i can play my character on either 1 and i prefer to play on 360 i never had any issues. Oh yea and i bought one of those cheaper pc's u guys are talking about and the 360 graphics are way better, yes it is a little more laggy takes other characters a little longet to load but all in all when im sittin on the couch in front of my 52" led tv playing on 360 is much nicer
 Ragnarok.Faiye
Server: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-05-28 10:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
Alexander.Aphy said:
What are you talking about? I have 360 and PC i can play my character on either 1 and i prefer to play on 360 i never had any issues. Oh yea and i bought one of those cheaper pc's u guys are talking about and the 360 graphics are way better, yes it is a little more laggy takes other characters a little longet to load but all in all when im sittin on the couch in front of my 52" led tv playing on 360 is much nicer

I think what he meant is that you can only log in with 1 character on the 360 because your playonline ID links to your gamertag. So if you have multiple accounts then 360 is not very useful.

I found the 360 version to be really slow, when there are more than a few characters on the screen everything starts moving noticeably slower. I have even had times where the sound goes out of sync because the onscreen action is moving too slow but the sound is still going at normal speed. Also when you macro swap gear it takes a looooooooong time for the new gear to load. On BLM or BRD I typically miss spell animations entirely because of this, and the only way to know if the spell actually went off is by reading the log.

Needless to say I no longer play on the 360 even though its connected to a 73 inch HD tv. It looks great if you're not moving or doing anything important, but other than that it feels totally off.
 Alexander.Aphy
Server: Alexander
user: aphy9
By Alexander.Aphy 2010-05-28 15:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Alexander.Aphy said:

I think what he meant is that you can only log in with 1 character on the 360 because your playonline ID links to your gamertag. So if you have multiple accounts then 360 is not very useful.

I found the 360 version to be really slow, when there are more than a few characters on the screen everything starts moving noticeably slower. I have even had times where the sound goes out of sync because the onscreen action is moving too slow but the sound is still going at normal speed. Also when you macro swap gear it takes a looooooooong time for the new gear to load. On BLM or BRD I typically miss spell animations entirely because of this, and the only way to know if the spell actually went off is by reading the log.

Needless to say I no longer play on the 360 even though its connected to a 73 inch HD tv. It looks great if you're not moving or doing anything important, but other than that it feels totally off.

Yea, that's exactly what I meant. The whole game seemed to go much slower for me too. I suppose it could have been my connection. The only positive thing about it was the install was incredibly fast, undoubtedly because it still required the disc.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-28 15:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

everything on the 360 is fail..just get a good PC and you can play just about everything that is released on 360 anyway.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-05-28 15:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

360 version works fine for me, but in regards to the content ID link thing, all you need is a silver account to play FFXI on your xbox, which is free. My old content ID was linked to my old gamertag, and I didn't feel like calling square to transfer the link, so when I made my new account I just created a silver account.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-05-28 15:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't had any issues on 360 outside of the Besieged thing, but I haven't done Besieged on pc or 360 in over a year anyway.

The main reason I play more often on 360 than pc is comfort...I hate being hunched over a keyboard 6 inches from a monitor. When I play on console I can just sit back on the couch and relax, which is more comfortable. Besides, I don't use or care about any of that 3rd party stuff, either.
 Ragnarok.Faiye
Server: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-05-28 17:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If they could just fix the ultra long loading times when you do macro swaps I think I could deal with playing on the 360 again.
 Fenrir.Anberlin
Server: Fenrir
user: Kike
By Fenrir.Anberlin 2010-05-28 17:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No major problems on my Xbox 360. It's a more recent model, I bought it new about 8 months ago.

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
When I play on console I can just sit back on the couch and relax.

This. I love to be lazy when I play games. I work all day, I don't want to sit at a desk at work and at the house when I get home.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-28 20:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Anberlin said:
No major problems on my Xbox 360. It's a more recent model, I bought it new about 8 months ago.

Valefor.Sketchkat said:

This. I love to be lazy when I play games. I work all day, I don't want to sit at a desk at work and at the house when I get home.
its called a laptop OR a s-video cable. Get one =)
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-05-28 20:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Fenrir.Anberlin said:
Valefor.Sketchkat said:
its called a laptop OR a s-video cable. Get one =)
I smell a fanboy who just feels like talking ***about a system because someone feels more comfortable a certain way.

To you, sir:
[+]
 Siren.Sinneloa
Server: Siren
user: Sinneloa
By Siren.Sinneloa 2010-05-28 20:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the PS2,PS3 60gb and a Halo 360 which has the 65nm chipset. If it would prove to laggy on the 360 Id simply delete it of the hd. I bought the ultimate collection mainly for that nexus cape but also to consolidate my disc collection of my PS2 onto the 360. I have the original FFXI,COP,TOAU and WOTG discs on my PS2.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-28 23:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

yes I am a fanboy. I am a fan of GOOD, WORKING, RELIABLE hardware. Like I said, PC with S-Video cable > failbox