Forum » FFXI » General » New update & merits
New update & merits
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-05-26 17:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone clear yet how merits are gonna work once lvl cap is raised? ex:say i am 74 RDM then the lvl cap gets raised, once i hit 75 will i not beable to have para II or Bio II or any of the other spells obtained via merits? all rdm's previously merited will have these spells at 75-79 but will i be able to have them as well.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-26 17:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know they haven't really said for sure. Though one of the sectoins of trial of the magians sounds almost merit like
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-26 17:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they still allow merited spells and abilities to only be obtained via merits or a lot of work will have been for nothing.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-05-26 17:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be extremely surprised if we lost our highest tier of merits lol, perhaps a little pissed.
 Ramuh.Kiroo
Server: Ramuh
user: Kiroo
By Ramuh.Kiroo 2010-05-26 17:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I only say this as a long term player, we got merits at 75, it would makes total sense t leave it that way. The merit menu is activated by being 75 and you can turn it on and off. I beleive they will leave any current merits open to 75+ and any new merits will probably be tier based. like is the introduce bio 4, you could get it but not untill youve hit the 85+ cap. I'm very sure thats how its ging to be done. I'm not an expert though, this is just my logical thoughts.
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-05-26 17:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kiroo said:
I only say this as a long term player, we got merits at 75, it would makes total sense t leave it that way. The merit menu is activated by being 75 and you can turn it on and off. I beleive they will leave any current merits open to 75 and any new merits will probably be tier based. like is the introduce bio 4, you could get it but not untill youve hit the 85 cap. I'm very sure thats how its ging to be done. I'm not an expert though, this is just my logical thoughts.

This seems to be the best explanation. Sounds fair enough
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-26 17:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe that it was addressed on the fansite for the Tokyo showing when they released the level cap information.

If I remember right, they already said that first set of merits (the merits we currently use) will be active at 75, and can continue to accumulate from 75-99 as such. The second set of merits (the merits we will get at level 99) will require a newer system, either something like what we have (exp/limit/??? points) or something extraordinary (limit points goes up to 20, but rank 2 "merits" would be more expensive).

It is all speculative, because there is no information outside of the fanfest website. Plus, you will never know what it is going to be until it is released.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-26 17:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Source

Level Cap Considerations
We are aware that players will inevitably feel concern over how in-game elements such as support jobs, experience camps, and merit points will be affected by this change. We would like to take a moment to explain the measures that are in the pipes to preserve game balance.

Support job abilities that are not expected to steal the limelight from main jobs as a result of the level cap increase will be allowed to come into play. Furthermore, there are plans to tweak certain job abilities, job traits, and magic spells on an ongoing basis in order to further accentuate the uniqueness of each job when used in a main role, as well as its versatility when playing a supporting role.

New camping grounds are scheduled to be added to cater to the anticipated rise in demand for experience parties. Furthermore, the redistribution of monsters in existing areas is also under consideration.

An increase in maximum upgrades is being considered for existing merit point skills and attributes. Preparations are also under way for the introduction of a new type of merit point for players who have reached the new level 99 summit.
 Phoenix.Jile
Server: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2010-05-26 17:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd venture to guess that they'll give us new purchasable/farmable spells 76-99 with a new group of Meritable spells where we could choose xp/merits/new-merits... but until they say, its all a guess.
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-05-26 17:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
the redistribution of monsters in existing areas is also under consideration.

More pudding for BLM please.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-26 17:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Asura.Korpg said:

Actually, think of the horro....excitement of BLM soloing to 80.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-05-26 17:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly can't imagine them taking away our current 75 merits away. If I had to guess i'd say they would just keep it similar to what it is now. And have a 3rd option to pick from *Experience Points *Merit Points(75) *Merit Points2(76~)

I am just glad that...I CAN MERIT AGAIN!!
 Phoenix.Jile
Server: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2010-05-26 17:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Asura.Korpg said:

More pets like Xarcabard (S)/Vunkerl Inlet (S) ^^
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-26 17:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I find that soloing statues in sky for BLM is a lot more feasable up to 80 now...

Including the new cap, there will be more elemental magic skill, which means that I won't have to wear AF gloves to nuke statues anymore!
 Ragnarok.Ezzi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Serey
By Ragnarok.Ezzi 2010-05-26 17:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Actually, I find that soloing statues in sky for BLM is a lot more feasable up to 80 now... Including the new cap, there will be more elemental magic skill, which means that I won't have to wear AF gloves to nuke statues anymore!

I wonder what the cap will be on MAB now. BLM sure are gonna become power houses <3