Forum » FFXI » General » Specific Zone DCing
Specific Zone DCing
 Caitsith.Vahriel
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Vahriel
By Caitsith.Vahriel 2010-05-26 01:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So, since this morning, every time I enter Port Windurst, the game decides to kick me off...

It does the same on my Laptop, as well as my PC. So, Im pretty sure it's got nothing to do with my files being corrupted or the like (considering I never play on my laptop)

So, Wondering if anyone else has had the same problem, I've tried everything I could possibly think off, any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-05-26 02:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

does it happen in any other zone, IE other windy zones, out in the field, mog house, etc... the only thing i can think of why it might bump you off when you zone into port, would be from bonanza moogles event... not sure why though maybe to many people in the zone(traffic in that zone).. i would try the other ports, like basty and sandy, and see if it does the same thing.. or just call a GM and see if they can resolve the issue for you.
best of luck
 Caitsith.Vahriel
By Caitsith.Vahriel 2010-05-26 02:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
does it happen in any other zone, IE other windy zones, out in the field, mog house, etc... the only thing i can think of why it might bump you off when you zone into port, would be from bonanza moogles event... not sure why though maybe to many people in the zone(traffic in that zone).. i would try the other ports, like basty and sandy, and see if it does the same thing.. or just call a GM and see if they can resolve the issue for you.
best of luck

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, my friend can easily log in to my character in Port Windy. And doing a check on Port Windy, shows 35-40 people in the zone, much under the zone cap limit.

I have yet to try other port areas (but I cant get to them easily now... cause the *** teleport moogle is in Port Windy...) but I will shortly.

The only reason I dont think it's the Bonanza Moogles, was, they started earlier this week - and it's been fine until today.

I called a GM, he told me to do a POL File Check, I did, no problems were found.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-26 02:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

There's some block in my memory, but I faintly recall something similar happening to me a few years ago. I couldn't zone into some town (could very well be Windurst), but one of my mules still could. Furthermore, a friend logged onto me without any problem and moved my character for me. The issue went away on its own after a while (like after an hour at the most).
 Caitsith.Vahriel
By Caitsith.Vahriel 2010-05-26 03:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said:
There's some block in my memory, but I faintly recall something similar happening to me a few years ago. I couldn't zone into some town (could very well be Windurst), but one of my mules still could. Furthermore, a friend logged onto me without any problem and moved my character for me. The issue went away on its own after a while (like after an hour at the most).

I've had the same thing happen in Beau. Glacier before, but, likewise, it went away only after 30 or so minutes; but, this has gone on for 8 hours now. Also, my mule couldn't log into Port Windy q_q
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-26 03:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

And it's happening on BOTH your PC and laptop? What happens exactly, does POL just suddenly crash or bring up a message, or does your computer crash? I had a PC that reset itself 90% of the time whenever I went to Mount Zhayolm through Runic Portal or Leujaoam Sanctum. Never figured out what was wrong.
 Caitsith.Vahriel
By Caitsith.Vahriel 2010-05-26 03:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said:
And it's happening on BOTH your PC and laptop? What happens exactly, does POL just suddenly crash or bring up a message, or does your computer crash? I had a PC that reset itself 90% of the time whenever I went to Mount Zhayolm through Runic Portal or Leujaoam Sanctum. Never figured out what was wrong.

Yeah, its happening on both my Laptop and PC.

What happens is, I get to the black "Downloading Data" screen, and it gets stuck on there for like a minute or 2, and then an error comes up saying "Cannot Connect to the FFXI Server" then, I hit Okay, takes me back to the screen before the Character Slection screen in FFXI.