Is It Worth Even Playing This Game From The Beginning?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » is it worth even playing this game from the beginning?
is it worth even playing this game from the beginning?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-25 10:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lockedown said:
dont listen to these douchebags telling u to buy gil or an account, come to alexander server and lookup the LS Throatstab, we have quite a few new people to the game. Infact I started not even a month ago and already have achieved rank 5 with the help of the linkshell as well as 4 jobs over lvl 30, and every spell up to level 56 for my Blue Mage.

Look us up, we'd be happy to help.

you're level 30 some. you're in no position to judge whether someone who plans to endgame can or cannot catch up with a start from scratch account. I got level 37 in the first 48 hours i played the game and i'm still struggling to get my character up to standard a year later.

that being said, i made my original posts before SE made the announcement that they're uncapping COP battlefields, possibly making COP largely soloable. Starting from scratch sounds like a much better idea now than it did before this announcement.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-25 10:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
I was put in the same scenario. perma starts up and suddenly I ended up lead and scheduling/setting up the whole thing. What I dont get is after 1~2 years wouldn't you spend 1month getting access to sea(ring)??? big waste of time imo

yeah, exactly, i have to question the initiative of anyone who wouldn't

i suppose there are a few people with valid excuses but by and large i don't get it
By Zekko 2010-05-25 10:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lockedown said:
dont listen to these douchebags telling u to buy gil or an account, come to alexander server and lookup the LS Throatstab, we have quite a few new people to the game. Infact I started not even a month ago and already have achieved rank 5 with the help of the linkshell as well as 4 jobs over lvl 30, and every spell up to level 56 for my Blue Mage.

Holy ***rank 5! Damn buddy you've pretty much completed FFXI.
 Remora.Meredoc
Server: Remora
user: Doc2love
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-05-25 10:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Lockedown said:

Holy ***rank 5! Damn buddy you've pretty much completed FFXI.

What a ***...(Spency)
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-25 10:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

to be fair the tone of the dude's post was, "don't listen to these nubs who have played the game for years, listen to me! i've played for a month AND I'VE MADE IT IN FFXI!"
 Remora.Meredoc
Server: Remora
user: Doc2love
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-05-25 11:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I was referring to Spency, and I was joking but w/e.
By Lockedown 2010-05-25 17:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Lockedown said:

you're level 30 some. you're in no position to judge whether someone who plans to endgame can or cannot catch up with a start from scratch account. I got level 37 in the first 48 hours i played the game and i'm still struggling to get my character up to standard a year later.

that being said, i made my original posts before SE made the announcement that they're uncapping COP battlefields, possibly making COP largely soloable. Starting from scratch sounds like a much better idea now than it did before this announcement.

You obviously have no life and make this game into your job instead of what it is, a game. Because someone wants to come back and enjoy the game in no way means he/she should buy gil or an account to catch up to asshats like yourself.

Playing through the game, making new friends, experiencing all it has to offer slowly and steadily is what makes it fun. Not a dynamic rush to the top to appease losers like yourself.

I hope the OP gives it a go and enjoys everything all over again, especially ignoring people like you.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-05-25 17:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So what's the answer OP? are you going to play from the beginning now after 4 pages of peopls reasoning?

A bit curious
 Valefor.Viiju
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Viiju 2010-05-25 17:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Come to asura and send me a tell :)
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-25 17:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

1- Astral Burn your char to 75
2- buy lots of golds
3- pay people to help you with RoTZ, COP and WoTG

Game complete xD
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-25 18:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lockedown said:
You obviously have no life and make this game into your job instead of what it is, a game. Because someone wants to come back and enjoy the game in no way means he/she should buy gil or an account to catch up to asshats like yourself.

Playing through the game, making new friends, experiencing all it has to offer slowly and steadily is what makes it fun. Not a dynamic rush to the top to appease losers like yourself.

I hope the OP gives it a go and enjoys everything all over again, especially ignoring people like you.

lmao, the RL card again, sorry got a life, the game's a job, but it's a job for my bots, not me^^ i just pop on for events and nm fights, i probably spend less time on than you XD, but i do play to have fun. it's interesting how some people have their own idea of what makes a game fun... and then they assume that what's fun for them has to be fun for everyone else.

sure, god protect the poor guy from people like me, offering help either way he decides. The thing is, he's DONE the leveling part, you talk about fun, but since you've played about .00003% of the game, you have no idea what parts are the most fun

only reason i suggested buying an account was for the express purpose of having fun, because the game is close to the end of its life and he might want to experience all of it before it ends. hell i'm not pressuring him or anything, i offered help if he ended up on my server either way
By Meechia 2010-05-26 19:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
So what's the answer OP? are you going to play from the beginning now after 4 pages of peopls reasoning? A bit curious

I am planning to come back - I am just getting SE to let me know if I have any characters or if they got deleted. I am looking for my ID and password atm.

I do appreciate the input from everyone - final decision is NO I won't be buying a character (don't have the $$$ nor do I want to have a high level, maxed out character that I won't have a clue what or where to go with it. As Lockedowne said - I don't want to rush rush rush to a high level. I want to enjoy the time getting there. One part of the game used to be the fun it took to get to 18, then 37. If SE dropped my character to lvl 1 (which they did with some prior characters after I quit for a while), I'll have to do that all over again.

Afterwards, if FFXIV is out, I will be trying that and if it has a good feel to it, I'll stick with that more than likely, if not, there will be FFXI and the grind.
By Meechia 2010-05-26 19:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
1- Astral Burn your char to 75 2- buy lots of golds 3- pay people to help you with RoTZ, COP and WoTG Game complete xD

I also won't be buying gold, or paying my way to achieve things in the game. The point of the game is to party together, not pay to get assistance to get anything done. Or at least, that was the way it USED to be done. Endgame is not my goal.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-26 20:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The point of the game is to party together

Well good luck with all that :P