SUBJOBS: Abilitys We're Getting FOR SURE On Next Update

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » SUBJOBS: abilitys we're getting FOR SURE on next update
SUBJOBS: abilitys we're getting FOR SURE on next update
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-05-18 11:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, they know that rebalancing RDM can once again defeat the purpose of WHM main, and is 99 is really as far away as one would think, then the least they could do is give them Riviviscence at 99. I mean, it's the best a WHM could hope for!
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-05-18 12:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darkultima said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:
I'm more worried about what they'll give mains than what they'll give subjobs. Sort of hoping for Curing Waltz 3 at 49. Wonder if WHM will get that spell that removes weakened status, or if SAM will get Gil Toss like they have in every iteration of the series.
Don't think that they will give a spell like that, its SE, but well, who knows.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Reviviscence

Only NPC's can use it at this point, but I don't see why it couldn't become a spell later on.
 Asura.Darkultima
Server: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-05-18 12:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rawkhawk said:
Asura.Darkultima said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:
I'm more worried about what they'll give mains than what they'll give subjobs. Sort of hoping for Curing Waltz 3 at 49. Wonder if WHM will get that spell that removes weakened status, or if SAM will get Gil Toss like they have in every iteration of the series.
Don't think that they will give a spell like that, its SE, but well, who knows.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Reviviscence

Only NPC's can use it at this point, but I don't see why it couldn't become a spell later on.

Interesting^^

Love your avatar btw :P
 Fenrir.Moonblade
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Moonblade 2010-05-18 13:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

From the vanafest site
Quote:
We are aware that players will inevitably feel concern over how in-game elements such as support jobs, experience camps, and merit points will be affected by this change. We would like to take a moment to explain the measures that are in the pipes to preserve game balance.

Support job abilities that are not expected to steal the limelight from main jobs as a result of the level cap increase will be allowed to come into play. Furthermore, there are plans to tweak certain job abilities, job traits, and magic spells on an ongoing basis in order to further accentuate the uniqueness of each job when used in a main role, as well as its versatility when playing a supporting role.

The scope of our vision for job adjustments does not stop there, however. Maintaining battle balance remains one of our highest priorities. As such, we intend to conduct reviews on an ongoing basis and introduce new equipment and adjust weapon skills as necessary. It is anticipated that the level cap increase will impact the balance of certain elements more than others. We will keep a close watch on these areas and, if the situation demands, review and reconsider even the adjustments that have been announced. Our ultimate goal is to provide the most rewarding, balanced play environment possible to all adventurers.

I'm trying not to speculate what will and what won't happen. I know SE has had a history of making things "great" or "overpowering" a job for a time being then they go in to make the shift so the job is not overpowered (i.e. remember when sams were doing huge damage prior to the "adjustment").

If any of the jobs are overpowered for a time being - it's not like we won't exploit it for our own gain for a time being then enjoy the "norm" once everything is readjusted....

Asura.Djcarlos
Server: Asura
By Asura.Djcarlos 2010-05-18 13:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

@ the Chainspell d2 rdm/blm douchebaggery. I think SE should just make Warp II use an Accept System like Raise/Tractor maybe.
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2010-05-18 14:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: Added some spells I didn't before.

Like Haste for WHM.

DRG/WHM hasting himself? Way to go.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-05-18 14:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Yes we do. Level cap is rising in increments.

Thats b.c of the 3 updates... I think possibly it will go first is 80...next will be 90.... then finish off ...99

Somesaid it may go in increments of 5.. so if 3 updates only common sense says 10, 10, 9 unless the last level is like exp cap /999998 os sumthin like that..

ROFL... but you get my point.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Tristean 2010-05-18 16:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Something tells me they'll nerf reverse flouish as a sub job. I don't want to see SAM/DNC's running around WSing their heads off with reverse flourish even if they only get one finishing move/ step.

Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-18 16:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
No one knows, enough said.

This man ended the thread in the second post