Sorta Regret Coming Back...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sorta regret coming back...
Sorta regret coming back...
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-17 17:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I came back to FFXI a couple weeks ago, raring for the thrill of missions and BST solo, etc. again. ToM, VNM, Abyssea... it's all new to me, and I was behind enough as it was. I'm hardly into ToAU, I have none of WotG done, I've still a few subs to level and SAM to 75, but then it'll be back to square one when level cap rises. Not exactly thrilled to shell out yet another $30 for the new add-ons, either. There are also the problems of FFXIV around the corner and not being happy playing a male character.

I probably would have quit already if I hadn't both hopped servers and met a neat group of people that have accepted me into their linkshell. Maybe I'm just having an emo moment, but all this is pretty discouraging. I'm decently geared on both my jobs, but there's still so much from limbus to sky to sea to ZNM I'm behind on, it's really piling up.

Any input/suggestions/relations?
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-17 17:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

boricua come to phoenix <3
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-05-17 17:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd personally take it one step at a time. Don't try to overload yourself. If you can find 5 reliable people to do stuff with, that makes things much easier, mission-wise.
[+]
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-17 17:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
I'd personally take it one step at a time. Don't try to overload yourself. If you can find 5 reliable people to do stuff with, that makes things much easier, mission-wise.
Between school and job-hunting, it's hard to find downtime outside events and levelling...
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-17 17:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI has a lot to do, and that's one of the nice things about it. You said you just met a group of friends, you should stick with them and finish missions, etc etc with them. As for being a male character, if you have a PC you can dat swap your race/gender/look with things. I'm not expecting FFXIV to replace XI, but I'm willing to give it a try anyway.

As for nice gear, they made it sound like a lot of "adventurers most precious belongings" would be upgradable. I'm assuming AFv2, Sky sets, Limbus sets, Nyzul sets, Salvage sets and so-forth will be upgradeable.

Keep goin~
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-17 17:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
FFXI has a lot to do, and that's one of the nice things about it. You said you just met a group of friends, you should stick with them and finish missions, etc etc with them. As for being a male character, if you have a PC you can dat swap your race/gender/look with things. I'm not expecting FFXIV to replace XI, but I'm willing to give it a try anyway.

As for nice gear, they made it sound like a lot of "adventurers most precious belongings" would be upgradable. I'm assuming AFv2, Sky sets, Limbus sets, Nyzul sets, Salvage sets and so-forth will be upgradeable.

Keep goin~
I forgot to mention I'm on 360, which is pretty awful. I miss playing on PC, I hate having to mash multiple macros for one gearswap. I also get kicked off a lot when my sister has friend(s) over.
 Phoenix.Ailoki
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-05-17 17:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the problem with everyone. I'm hoping you got your Allied Ring when it seemed like every server had the Throne Room (S). That'll help null the pain of having to level sub jobs again. I have 7 75's and I'm only taking 3 of them to 99. And that requires 2 SJs to be leveled, and one is on it's way to become a 75 maybe a 99.

If you play on a computer, I suggest using Plasticsurgeon. Ever since I started using that, I'm never a Taru anymore. Lol And if this helps any, I pre-ordered XIV and got a notification about it's delivery. December 2010. It may not be an exact date, but it's something to play off of.

I'm only on I think, Mission 8 or something, whatever In The Name of the Father is, and have no intention of going further until WotG is complete (which will be next month, supposedly). And even then, I won't touch it unless the final reward is worth it. From what I saw on Asura and Phoenix, no one shouts for WotG and hardly anyone does it to begin with.

As far as the new add-ons, that's up to you if you want to buy it and play it. It's another thing to do in this game. I still need to get off my *** and finish ASA. Lol

All in all, there's still time to do what you want to do. Pace yourself, take your subs from 37 - 40 first. First level cap is 80. There are a bunch of EXP Rings out there to help. Allied and Anny. May not be much, but it helps. I was in a huge slump, then I got my rings and was planing on finishing NIN to 49, then I started to like the job and now it's 60. Lol
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-17 17:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't play if I wasn't on PC and was a Taru frankly :(
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-17 17:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Not exactly thrilled to shell out yet another $30 for the new add-ons, either.
Don't do this D: I waited until there was a sale on the Ultimate Collection (you actually just missed a sale by 2 weeks from GameStop for $11) just to get the code--and an extra back-up disc for FFXI--to get the new add-ons for essentially 50% off. I think the normal price is $15 for the Ultimate Collection, now; still, better than $30 for all 3.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-17 17:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I wouldn't play if I wasn't on PC and was a Taru frankly :(

:< I agree ; -;

Mithra's still too good to not be, though.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-17 17:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I know your predicament.

Your progress really depends on the people around you. It's as simple as that. If you have a tight group you can get stuff done, in your situation it's going to be the long road since you don't have the luxury of endless time.

Just don't forget to enjoy the game in your haste to accomplish and obtain.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-17 17:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Don't do this D: I waited until there was a sale on the Ultimate Collection (you actually just missed a sale by 2 weeks from GameStop for $11) just to get the code--and an extra back-up disc for FFXI--to get the new add-ons for essentially 50% off. I think the normal price is $15 for the Ultimate Collection, now; still, better than $30 for all 3.
I have the Ultimate Collection. I'm talking about the Abyssea add-ons that are coming out next. I still haven't finished ACP, let alone start the other two.
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-17 18:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The goals you have there are easily obtainable, given you put in the effort/time, which I can never remember you doing.

Don't want to pay? Don't play.

It's pretty simple.
[+]
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-17 18:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
The goals you have there are easily obtainable, given you put in the effort/time, which I can never remember you doing.
BLU and BST are jobs that are generally looked down upon compared to jobs like SAM (which I'm actively levelling to remedy this, then suddenly, level cap increase!). Missions aren't that hard, but it's getting increasingly difficult to get groups with more and more people being finished with them. Might I remind you who convinced my friends to continue CoP without me? I still got it done after hours and hours of shouting and working and farming. I also spent day after day shouting in Whitegate for obscure assaults and countless Nyzul runs to get my mythic WSs and Perdu Hanger. Couldn't get party invites, so I farmed ISP on BST. I diligently camped NMs I could solo for gear, like Merrow No. 5. When I was still in US, if I was on (which I was more often than not), I was at events. Yeah, I guess I never put any effort or time into anything.
Quote:
Don't want to pay? Don't play. It's pretty simple.
It's hard when I don't have a job (and have been trying for months to get one). I feel like I'm being suckered out of $30 when I already just bought the "Ultimate Collection". I'm not paying for my account at the moment, and I'm not going to ask for any more than I'm already getting, so.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-05-17 18:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

well my advice would be to simply relax, do lvling when you can, and start on one mission in that process. chat and hang out and enjoy it.... if you cant afford the add ons when they come out, well thats ok i know it will be the "new to do event" but even as we speak i know of people in game who done even have any of the previous add ons... dont get over whelmed, you came back for a reason, and you said yourself you found a good group of people to hang out with, most of my days on ffxi are chatting with friends and maybe doing some stray camping or simple mission. make sure you got your RL straight before you dive head strong into the game which it sounds like you are trying to do... good luck man
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-17 19:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem is, it's looking like Abyssea will be more or less mandatory as it's adding new areas intended for 75+. It'd be difficult to level without them, much less upgrade my gear... as much as I love XI, waiting for XIV (or even passing on it) seems to be the most practical solution :\
 Valefor.Viiju
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Viiju 2010-05-17 19:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
well my advice would be to simply relax, do lvling when you can, and start on one mission in that process. chat and hang out and enjoy it.... if you cant afford the add ons when they come out, well thats ok i know it will be the "new to do event" but even as we speak i know of people in game who done even have any of the previous add ons... dont get over whelmed, you came back for a reason, and you said yourself you found a good group of people to hang out with, most of my days on ffxi are chatting with friends and maybe doing some stray camping or simple mission. make sure you got your RL straight before you dive head strong into the game which it sounds like you are trying to do... good luck man
I 2nd this.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-05-17 20:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye meant wait until the next collection. It should include all the Abyssea addons. However, this is still a ways down the road.