New Money Making Suggestions.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New money making suggestions.
New money making suggestions.
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-05-17 09:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello True Strike Believers!

I have noticed a major influx in the game economy; example, avatar blood going from 200k, to 60k a stack is a huge surprise to see! With that said it seems like I have to change my methods of making gil. Anyone have any suggestions due to the drastic changes?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-05-17 09:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hack, Bot, Steal.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sanchez
Server: Bismarck
user: Sanchez1
By Bismarck.Sanchez 2010-05-17 09:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Undercut.
 Leviathan.Duvessa
Server: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-17 09:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, I think prices on most things will continue to drop. People quit the game often with large sums of money and such, resulting in reduced gil flow.

There are new alternatives to make money though. I see you're a PLD underneath your avatar, so one such method you could use would be to pull "Astral Burn" parties for gil. It's not the traditional method (Kill Mob X repetitively until Item Y drops 12 times, then sell it on AH), but it's just one way to adapt to the changing times. Honestly, I find farming to really be a thing of the past nowadays.

Another way you could earn yourself some gil is to join a merc shell. I know it's an obvious step, but you can make a reasonable income with a good low-man group for certain content.

I can't offer much in the way of farming spots, as I've never "farmed" a day in my FFXI life. Nearly 7 years of farm-free gameplay, maybe that's the reason i haven't quit yet!
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-05-17 09:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Create a pyramid scheme. I'll tell you how it works for a small fee of 100k gil.
 Sylph.Akibakei
Server: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-05-17 09:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It this happening on all servers? I have really noticed a huge flood of stuff on the AH in Sylph. Things that were easy to sell and hardly seen on AH are now flooded and the prices are plummeting on everything, making it hard to make gil on normal things. Is this happening on all servers?

And I am with you, my typical means of gil have been dashed recently too so I am stuck trying to find stuff as well.

IDK if its RMT or just idiots but I have seen a guy on Sylph undercut himself! Putting up multiple stacks of things, each cheaper than the last... wtf >.>
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-05-17 09:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
IDK if its RMT or just idiots but I have seen a guy on Sylph undercut himself! Putting up multiple stacks of things, each cheaper than the last... wtf >.>

Damn, there really are people that stupid? lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-17 09:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:

Damn, there really are people that stupid? lol

He's most likely talking about a consumable

I've noticed a couple people put there items well below the listed price and rely on people being to lazy to bid much lower than said listed price. People gradually start bidding lower so the price drops in intervals, making it appear that they're undercutting themselves

I do it sometimes too when I'm competing for a market against these people.

Never underestimate the laziness of gamers
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
Server: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-05-17 10:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
He's most likely talking about a consumable

Its not just consumables. This happens all the time on Unicorn with cursed -1 gear. I have seen the same idiot under cut himself multiple times in a row because there were 1-2 on ah already.

I will never understand undercutting a price by 200k just to make sure your's sells first. In the end all you did was cost yourself a minimum of 200k on a ~900k-1m item. Not to mention if you do it enough you lower the cost over the long run and cost yourself even more.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-05-17 10:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Angel Skin or bust, its uncommon to not get at least one every 2 or 3 times you head out there and if you don't have thf most soloers will flag up and let you abuse their TH
 Bismarck.Munky
Server: Bismarck
user: Angeleus
By Bismarck.Munky 2010-05-17 10:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Level up alchemy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Rule
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-05-17 10:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

diversify your bonds, level a craft and watch market trends. Sell things when supply is low and prices are starting to rise, and stop selling things when they appear to be flooding into the market. save them for when prices start to rise again
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-17 10:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rule said:
diversify your bonds, level a craft and watch market trends. Sell things when supply is low and prices are starting to rise, and stop selling things when they appear to be flooding into the market. save them for when prices start to rise again

Sorta, depends on what you're making

Cooking/Alchemy, I craft in bulk (100+ synths) and get rid of it ASAP, if I didn't kill the price in the process of selling/undercutting, I'll make more, if I did, I'll move onto another item until someone jacks the previous items price back up (they always do).

A lot of people are afraid to undercut a lot, I capitalize on this
 Fenrir.Vazerus
Server: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2010-05-17 10:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This one guy on Fenrir has lowered the price on Toolbag (Sai) x12 from 100k down to 50k within 2 months, just by lowering the price himself slowly over time. I don't understand why people would want to undercut their own highly profitable synth :/. I think what happens is he saw me sell one stack of 12 toolbags, then thought I was entering his market so he undercut by 10k, and the next time someone else put them up he undercut again, lol. Seems other people are crafting it now that its down to 50k though, and lowering it anymore wouldn't be very profitable xD.

Also, QFE about leveling Alchemy/Woodworking/Cooking. People are always going to use consumables (food, ninja tools, snk/invis, etc). It's hard to enter most of those markets without HQing a lot, though. Don't forget items that are used to make these, since some people can be lazy and don't like symthing from scratch. i.e. Bast Parchment
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-05-17 11:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Show your boobs.

Hey now, just because I have Galkan man boobs.....lol :-P

@everyone else, I appreciate your inputs in all of this. I am planning to push further with my crafting since it does seem like selling consumables is the way to go more than ever now. And with the June update around the corner it's a great advantage to make some money.

Sad to say I do agree that farming isn't what it used to be where you could just get by with that alone, but not so much anymore :(

But between all these options it is a good start to revitalizing my money making process. For that I thank you :)
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-05-17 11:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Show your boobs.

^
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2010-05-17 11:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gardening can be good, but it takes time.
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-05-17 11:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Satanas said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Show your boobs.

^
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-17 11:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, 'Flipping' items can net you a decent amount of gil. Sometimes people are desperate for gil and unload items cheaply, if you can afford to tie up some of your gil, you can resell for a higher price.
By Genesimmons 2010-05-17 11:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Create a pyramid scheme. I'll tell you how it works for a small fee of 100k gil.

This is pure win. ^^