Level 75-80 Exp Camps
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Ericcheco
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Checo
By Bahamut.Ericcheco 2010-05-14 14:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just Making this topic to get in some ideas on where to Camp while the level cap is risen.

*not including smn burns
*not including level sync
*not including campain
*not including MMM

Ill start it off, while i was runnign to do some Fiat Lux, ive seen a few Inc tough mobs in abundance. It might suck to fight beastmen, but its a start.

What do you think?
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-14 14:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think, since Walk of Echos and a new add on are coming out with the update, those will hold many more 75-80 exp spots.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-05-14 14:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

merit parties will probably still be a good way to exp. Sync to 75 and just go at it, who knows anyways
[+]
 Asura.Rule
Server: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-05-14 14:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is anything 80+ will be either new mobs in updates, or Walk of Echo camps
 Asura.Artemyse
user: Artemys
By Asura.Artemyse 2010-05-14 14:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
merit parties will probably still be a good way to exp. Sync to 75 and just go at it, who knows anyways
Bird/ Mamool camps will be PACKED until new camps are discovered.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-14 14:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

there are a few places in the past that would be great for partying...just no one does it..
[+]
 Asura.Rule
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-05-14 14:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemyse said:
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:

No one ever fights them but you could probably duo/trio Marids for some decent experience. Solo i get about 250 without killing the chigoe
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-14 14:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rule said:
Asura.Artemyse said:
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:

No one ever fights them but you could probably duo/trio Marids for some decent experience. Solo i get about 250 without killing the chigoe
It's like 7k/hr, aka terrible.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-05-14 14:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You know someone is going to try birds lv.sync though. :X

I would wonder about COP areas too, once that cap is lifted.
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-05-14 15:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
there are a few places in the past that would be great for partying...just no one does it..
a good example of this would be a few endgame areas . Sea for one would be good 75-78(80 in small PTs probly) . Alot of Shadowreign areas do have quite a few VT and IT mobs and Sigil does offer an EXP bonus like Sanction . Long of the short of it , it doesnt matter . PPL are so lazy and stuck on Bird PTs , it'll be Mammool Ja SP and Bhafalo Thickets Thru Nyzul all day long for those not doin a MMM Alpha Bird Tabula .
but just for fun here is small list of Areas and mobs that are Lv83 and higher :

*Lufuiase Medows - Tavnazian Rams and Abraxxis (82-84 plus Rams give Mob Family Bonus)
*Al'Taieu -Om'Phuabo (82-84 plus Mob family Bonus )
*Garden of Ru'Hmet- Aw'Aern (79-84 and there are over 60 spawns listed on Wiki ) and Eo'Zdei (80-83 with over 100 Spawns listed)
* Kuftal Tunnel - Ladon (80-82 , not IT but they give an EXP bonus )

as a side note : Way back when 75 was new , there werent alot of 'good' camps granting 15k+ and hour . I remember most ppl EXPing on the Weapons and Farmed mobs for Sky pops and rarely on Sea Mobs (again for pop items or Organs for Gorgets/belts) . Ppl only seem to remeber how awesome chain EXP is when fighting Birds , oddly . The first Kill or 2 only gives like 110-140 EXP but by Chain 6 its closer to 200 . I think as the Cap goes up and ppl get closer to and pass Lv80 , the convention of a 6 man EXP PT will possibly be a thing of the past unless doing MMM or Farming/EXP PT in an Endgame Area . either way there is gunna be alot of drama .
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-14 16:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There's going to be new areas added, there has to be..

I don't think there's a single place in the entire game where one would be able to find VT-IT mobs at 95+ without some form of level restriction (level capped area, level sync)

I know SE is evil, but they're not that damned evil.. or are they?
 Fenrir.Anberlin
Server: Fenrir
user: Kike
By Fenrir.Anberlin 2010-05-14 18:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:

You can xp from 75-99 doing level sync parties in the Dunes! >:)
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-14 18:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Anberlin said:

Yeah *** that, I'll stay 75. Something about dunes just makes everyone instant idiots, even if they have like 5 75 jobs..
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-14 18:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope we see some Arcana mobs where DRK can finally shine >_>
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-14 18:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This has happened before, check some of the old update notes in the archives on pol.com but I think a lot of the CoP zones are going to be rescaled, particularly the Promyvions and the Riverne sites stand out the most, as potential Level Range increase zones.

Notice they are removing the Cap on these zones in June as well. Further circumstantial evidence.
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-05-15 11:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new update will they be adding more FoV books. I would like a 75 camp near a FoV book.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2010-05-15 11:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Castle Zvhal Keep and Bailys S prolly gonna be best bet, roam around front areas killing the beastmen or go up by Throne room those demons are IT at 75. Also Walk of Echos is prolly gonna have exp camps that will get you to 80.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-05-15 11:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Sky??? I'm sure there will be some camps for solos or duoing...

Don't be afraid everyone, the camps, like Sea, Aht Urghan and COP areas will be able to make some pretty decent Exp...

Not to worry... the new add on will make some mobs up.. and don't forget the WOTG campaign mobs.. b4 they get to campaign.. just steal them..( I'm sure that will be an idea to hold ppl till 80 lol.. and just you watch, ppl might just start doing that, and screw up Campaigns...><)
[+]
 Bismarck.Corolie
Server: Bismarck
user: Corolie
By Bismarck.Corolie 2010-05-15 13:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Anberlin said:

Lolz I think of cutting my our wrist when I hear stuff like that....
By Yuffy 2010-05-15 13:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
This has happened before, check some of the old update notes in the archives on pol.com but I think a lot of the CoP zones are going to be rescaled, particularly the Promyvions and the Riverne sites stand out the most, as potential Level Range increase zones.

Notice they are removing the Cap on these zones in June as well. Further circumstantial evidence.
Exactly.

It was said that they would put high level mobs in old areas, CoP areas seem to be the most suited for this.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-05-15 13:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They will make a new camp with a new kind of Arcana mob with no tp attacks except some berserk move, with 25% extra damage from slashing, and DRK will get a new 8 hit WS with 90% STR mod and arcane circle will have a shorter recast time than duration and will also add nonJA/magic haste and using y/g/k/penta on them will make them rage..
<.<
[+]
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Server: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-15 13:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, let's make CoP areas more of a pain in the butt to traverse. /groan
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-15 13:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
lol gimp
 Lakshmi.Ashido
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ashido
By Lakshmi.Ashido 2010-05-15 13:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sky or GTFO
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-15 14:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
What about Sky??? I'm sure there will be some camps for solos or duoing...

Don't be afraid everyone, the camps, like Sea, Aht Urghan and COP areas will be able to make some pretty decent Exp...

Not to worry... the new add on will make some mobs up.. and don't forget the WOTG campaign mobs.. b4 they get to campaign.. just steal them..( I'm sure that will be an idea to hold ppl till 80 lol.. and just you watch, ppl might just start doing that, and screw up Campaigns...><)

lol nice xp right there stealing mobs and you forgot the fact that you have to wait for the waves. yeaaaaaaaaaah.
 Sylph.Rykoshet
Server: Sylph
user: Ant3
By Sylph.Rykoshet 2010-05-15 14:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said:
Castle Zvhal Keep and Bailys S prolly gonna be best bet, roam around front areas killing the beastmen or go up by Throne room those demons are IT at 75. Also Walk of Echos is prolly gonna have exp camps that will get you to 80.

Tried meritting at castle the week it came out, was ok but probably capped at 15k/hr. EXP was a little low, repops too long, not really a good roaming environment. Maybe we didn't look in the right place though.
 Valefor.Yishay
user: yishaymnk
By Valefor.Yishay 2010-05-15 14:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm thinking the day of the update your going to have ppl traveling in groups of six to the new areas and finding a new place to exp. the areas you see now to exp in won't be busy at all if they are the ppl in said areas are to lazy to explore. but really based on the bits of info from SE i see ppl getting to the new areas and at lvl 80 in a day or so of easy exp. durning vana'fest, if i recall right, SE said something about the focus of the game will be eg not exp. exp should come very easy.

oh yeah and for SE if you reading ... give monk the ability to change from blunt to slashing to piercing without changing your weapon.
 Quetzalcoatl.Selim
user: Wanderer
By Quetzalcoatl.Selim 2010-05-15 14:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mean to de-rail but what do you think would happen if you synced to someone 75 and they were in merit points mode? O_o If it were possible to be locked to 75 then the current merit party zones would be extremely packed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-05-15 15:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Mikumaru said:
Alot of Shadowreign areas do have quite a few VT and IT mobs and Sigil does offer an EXP bonus like Sanction .
Sigil does not give an exp bonus like Sanction. It gives the same thing as Signet. As in, bonus exp for PTs of 2-5 people. Sanction gives +15% to exp (assuming the Astral Candescence wasn't recently taken; when it is taken and then recovered, it starts off at +5%, and works up to +15% with successful Besieged attacks), regardless of PT size. It's calculated in a completely different step, and Sanction's bonus is very signifigantly higher.
First Page 2