Damien Walters 2010
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-05-10 00:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Found a cool video today, you may have seen it already. You will probably recognize the music too.

[+]
 Leviathan.Duvessa
Server: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-10 00:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like he forgot how to walk. And how would i recognize the music? :o

Cool vid though.
I saw a show about these people once, and how they think that they're not doing any damage to their bodies cuz they roll at the time of impact, etc etc... And cuz they don't feel immediate pain from it. But they're really doing permanent damage that continues to accumulate. It'll hit them hard when they're older.

Good news is, they'll be pro's with walkers when that day comes around.
[+]
 Asura.Kowen
Server: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-05-10 00:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty cool. There's a parkour/free-running club near where I live and they do this kind of stuff.

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
I saw a show about these people once, and how they think that they're not doing any damage to their bodies cuz they roll at the time of impact, etc etc... And cuz they don't feel immediate pain from it. But they're really doing permanent damage that continues to accumulate. It'll hit them hard when they're older.

Good news is, they'll be pro's with walkers when that day comes around.

You could say the same thing about any sport, though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-10 00:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You could, but this was serious stuff. Like they're slowly paralyzing themselves.
[+]
 Diabolos.Daddyx
Server: Diabolos
user: Daddyx
By Diabolos.Daddyx 2010-05-10 00:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

One-winged angel ftw..

This guy is sick, chasing him would be worse than trying to catch the greased-up deaf guy.
[+]
 Hades.Rowec
Server: Hades
user: Rowec
By Hades.Rowec 2010-05-10 01:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That kind of reminds me of these guys, cept they did it without padding.

[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-10 01:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well thank you guys for making me want to play Mirror's Edge again.

Great game.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Obsydian
user: Obsydian
By Asura.Obsydian 2010-05-10 01:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That guy's a badass. :o

The music's an amalgamation of One Winged Angel and E Nomine's "Schwarze Sonne"

Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-10 01:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is one winged angel the song from ff7 everyone always talks about? I can't stand video game music D: i always turn it off/all the way down.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-10 01:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Is one winged angel the song from ff7 everyone always talks about? I can't stand video game music D: i always turn it off/all the way down.

/shun
[+]
 Sylph.Shadida
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadida 2010-05-10 02:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Same guy did a video last year which used a Liberi Fatali remix. He must be a FF fan? I'll try and find it.

edit: here it is
[+]
 Asura.Obsydian
user: Obsydian
By Asura.Obsydian 2010-05-10 02:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Duvessa said:

Yeah but it's in that video for a whole 10 seconds about halfway in. That's all.
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-10 02:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:

/shun

Sorry for not being a fangirl of some japanese orchestra or something. If it doesn't rock, then it isn't music. And orchestras just aren't rock. Even the "rock" orchestras >.>

But yea, the obvious damage they do to their bodies aside, those guys like that are pretty crazy. Anyone willing to harm themselves for our amusement deserves a thumb or two up. Though i think breakdancing is cooler :o

These are my 2 fav breakdancers, they're both handicapped.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-05-10 02:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:

/shun

Sorry for not being a fangirl of some japanese orchestra or something. If it doesn't rock, then it isn't music. And orchestras just aren't rock. Even the "rock" orchestras >.>

I know opinions are opinions and all, but wow at that statement.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-05-10 06:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Scragg said:
Found a cool video today, you may have seen it already. You will probably recognize the music too.

So.. That guy is a cool version of Vigor?
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-05-10 07:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Parkour / Free-running amazes me. I can sit on Youtube and watch videos for hours. If I wasn't afraid of getting arrested, I would do it around here. (By "do", I mean "try and end up hurting myself")
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-10 10:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Duvessa said:

/shun

Video game music is a exemplary form of music.

As the Parkour, that was some impressive stuff!
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-10 10:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:

/shun

/nod
It's sad to see someone so closed minded about music. You're missing out on some good music, not to mention that music helps set the tone/mood for some scenes.

If you turned off all the music then you missed out on FFXI - Otherworld, or did you turn that all the way up and masturbate to it because it was rock music with 'edgy' lyrics.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-05-10 12:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The title made me think somebody died. I was trying to figure out who damien walters was.

I might have seen his videos before or ones like it. It looks like so much fun to be able to do that.

as far as orchestras go, movies and tv shows must get on your nerves then too, as theres always some orchestra going on in the background.

video games have some great music, its one of Final Fantasys strong points and one of the reasons people like FF7 so much even if they say the story and characters are weak.

I cant imagine even famous rockstars having anything against classical music. If anything they probably have a huge appreciation for it.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-10 14:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:

/shun

/nod
It's sad to see someone so closed minded about music. You're missing out on some good music, not to mention that music helps set the tone/mood for some scenes.

If you turned off all the music then you missed out on FFXI - Otherworld, or did you turn that all the way up and masturbate to it because it was rock music with 'edgy' lyrics.

/nod without music from a video game, you are missing out on tracks that set the mood, imo it's the same as just pressing X continuously and not reading the story.

Also add to the fact that Orchestras are absolutely the best way to set the tone for a track.
[+]
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2010-05-10 14:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That guy is like the closest thing to spiderman! lol
Everytime I see a baldheaded guy like that.. it reminds me of "Brucie" from GTA4 xD

music is a rhythmic pattern of sounds so plenty of things truly qualify, but personal tastes should not dictate whether or not its music or not.. and just that you don't like it. :P

IMO music created for video games is tough to do but is usually the best if done right. I've played plenty of games that had some astounding soundtracks.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shotzie
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shotzie
By Carbuncle.Shotzie 2010-05-10 14:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That's amazing, if I was capable of such things I don't think I would ever walk anywhere regularly again :o
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-10 15:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Very cool video. Also music is like half the game to me, absolutely love when games have decent sound tracks.

Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-05-10 15:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Free running?
In Soviet Russia running frees you.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zandra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zandra
By Quetzalcoatl.Zandra 2010-05-11 10:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Very cool video. Also music is like half the game to me, absolutely love when games have decent sound tracks.

IS THIS A JOKE???? Demon's Souls....good soundtrack???? Did we play the same game? I was unaware there ever was a background track....