Emperor Band. Am I Missing Something?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Emperor Band. Am I missing something?
Emperor Band. Am I missing something?
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-02-05 10:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm seriously missing something, but I remember when the Empress and Chariot bands got released a few years back, the Empress Band was usually chosen by everyone due its higher max XP gain, but I'm guessing that just recently (or maybe I totally missed it) the Emperor Band was released. Lately I've been seeing many people using the Emperor Band even though it's max charges are 3, meaning you can only really use it 3 times a week before being able to recharge it. Is it really worth it, or should I stick to my Empress?

Is the Emperor Band meant more for casuals who don't level every day?
 Seraph.Yvan
Server: Seraph
user: yvan
By Seraph.Yvan 2010-02-05 10:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You've got it right, if your not leveling every day then the Emperor will be better for you
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-05 10:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to get technical, Empress band is actually "better". But since it's 7 charges, you have to party 7 times per week to get the full use out of it. Most people just don't have that kind of time. Emperor Band is more user-friendly, with only 3 charges but double the effectiveness per charge. So you get more out of individual parties.
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2010-02-05 10:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Emperor has been out for a looong time.

I use it because I don't level everyday and I would never use up all the EXP charges from an empress in a conquest week like I can with the Emperor.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.