Please Help Me Forcing Playonline To Remove The 3-D Secure Security Measure

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Please help me forcing Playonline to remove the 3-D Secure security measure
Please help me forcing Playonline to remove the 3-D Secure security measure
First Page 2
 Hades.Efonsecab
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: efonsecab
By Hades.Efonsecab 2009-12-29 07:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello people. I need help from all of you,
as most of you already know, there has been a new scurity measure in FFXI, that has caused a lot of users to not being able to play anymore.
3-D secure is kind of a credit card verification mechanism service offered by visa and mastercard, however, to be able to use this service in our credit card, the credit card issuer must be participating in the program, there are still a lot of banks that are still not able to participate, which makes our card "not eligible", and this is what has screwed a lot of people around the globe.
I ask you all, please help me, by adding comments in playonline suport page, web chat, massive shouts in game, mailing friend, and more, the plan is to stop SE doing whatever they want and screwing up our gaming, it is time for us to rise our voice, after all, we are the gamers, the ones who pay them, they must hear us, they are nothing without us.
One more thing, once I called Playonline to get help with my isuee, I asked them to call a manager, a manager talked to me, and he just did not care to lose a client, see that is why we must stop them doing this kind of things.
[+]
 Odin.Gabronth
Server: Odin
user: gabronth
By Odin.Gabronth 2009-12-29 07:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

u should just switch banks i assure u SE will not listen to anyone but SE period.
[+]
 Hades.Darkodin
Server: Hades
user: Darkodin
By Hades.Darkodin 2009-12-29 08:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It probably won't work... as the person above stated SE doesn't listen lol and with their new game (FF XIV) coming out ...yeaa they'd care even less lol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2009-12-29 08:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to stop them from doing this sort of thing, then don't play FFXIV. Not that that will stop them from doing anything, but I've alrealdy spent way too much time on this game to quit now, but I refuse to play another SE game where you have to deal with them for customer support.
[+]
 Seraph.Jessee
Server: Seraph
user: Jessee
By Seraph.Jessee 2009-12-29 09:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I for one am for the 3D security measure. Good job SE! :)

Many companies these days are beginning to requiring it and it can provide more security for the card holder. Implementing this requirement may be inconvenient/unfortunate/annoying/etc for some of SE's customers, but I'm certain they (SE) sat down and discussed the requirement and came to an agreement that the overall benefits outweigh the ramifications of the implementation.

Get with a bank that keeps up with technology or GTFO and let your bank continue counting money with their abacus.

This isn't entirely a new technology and banks should be mindful of their customer's security concerns. A bank not implementing a security enhancement like this would make me question my bank.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-D_Secure

On the flip side, the notion of SE not requiring the 3D security measure, but offering it to those that can use it, isn't all that bad. You don't have to use a security token from SE, and you don't have to use Firefox on Windows over Internet Explorer 6 ...
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-12-29 09:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a Verified by Visa/Secure 3D account for a couple of years now,they are the norm here in the UK. I am happy with it and would not have it any other way!
Try and get a card with a bank that offers the feature.
[+]
 Asura.Chexmix
Server: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2009-12-29 09:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've spoken to several SE reps regarding it they always tell me that they will manually enter a CC for you if you dont have a 3D secure card and you have no other way of paying.. I havent done it or known of someone that has done it but thats what they told me /shrug
[+]
 Garuda.Mameshiba
Server: Garuda
user: Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2009-12-29 09:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question for you guys ...
My brother wants to play FFXI here with me. We bought the Ultimate Collection...

I've tried to make an account for him but it clearly states the 3D security card verification error.

How come this is being displayed if I'm paying my Mameshiba with the same CC?

Is it because they only allow one CC per account now?
If so... any of you have any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.
[+]
 Seraph.Jessee
user: Jessee
By Seraph.Jessee 2009-12-29 09:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Mameshiba

Honestly, I'd say give SE a call or hop on their website and chat with a representative. I'm sure they can help identify the issue. You should be able to use 2 accounts on 1 credit card, I do.

I could go on speculating why it doesn't work for you, but I think you best answer is from SE themselves as they should be able to identify the underlying issue.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-12-29 09:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mameshiba said:
My brother wants to play FFXI here with me. We bought the Ultimate Collection...

I've tried to make an account for him but it clearly states the 3D security card verification error.

Thanks in advance.
I had a problem a while back while reactivating my accounts (back in May when I came back from a long break). The first one worked fine. The second one wouldn't. I ended up having to use a different card for the second account. Since then I've switched the second one back to using the first one.

You may want to call SE / POL (I know, it will suck) and ask them about it.

Another random thought: Have you actually done the 3D verification on the card for your current account? I haven't since they implemented it and it still works fine for both accounts. I suspect that I couldn't start a new account with the same card due to that.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Krionin
Server: Carbuncle
user: Krionin1
By Carbuncle.Krionin 2009-12-29 09:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

for me it didnt make me change my cc from one that didnt have that security but when i updated one of my accts on the pc it made me whereas on the ps2 and my 360 didnt force me to change.
[+]
 Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2009-12-29 09:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies, I'll give them a call when possible I suppose...
I wanted to ask something else too, but forgot in the other post~
the 3D Verification System only kicks in for PC users? I never heard of Ps2 and Xbox360 users complaining about this!

Well this is just a rumor I heard... I just wanted to confirm if it's really a rumor. Because if anything, I could try registering my bro via Xbxo360~

And no Krizz, I haven't actually tried to do that 3D Verification thingy.

*edit*
Sorry, just saw the above poster.
Pretty much answers my question I suppose.
 Fairy.Mayeh
Server: Fairy
user: Mayeh
By Fairy.Mayeh 2009-12-29 13:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Garuda.Mameshiba said:

Thanks in advance.
I had a problem a while back while reactivating my accounts (back in May when I came back from a long break). The first one worked fine. The second one wouldn't. I ended up having to use a different card for the second account. Since then I've switched the second one back to using the first one.

You may want to call SE / POL (I know, it will suck) and ask them about it.

Another random thought: Have you actually done the 3D verification on the card for your current account? I haven't since they implemented it and it still works fine for both accounts. I suspect that I couldn't start a new account with the same card due to that.
I believe that you can't activate two accounts on the same day with the same card. Try activating the second account on another day and it should work.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-12-29 13:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i just went to my friends house to update my payment info when i needed..360 dont ask for the secure code...hopefully my new card im getting is supported by it
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-12-29 13:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Mayeh said:
I believe that you can't activate two accounts on the same day with the same card. Try activating the second account on another day and it should work.
Like I said, I did that.
 Pandemonium.Vavaud
Server: Pandemonium
user: Vavaud
By Pandemonium.Vavaud 2009-12-29 14:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just skimming through the posts and I dont think i've seen anyone say this, but the 3D secure crap is for PC only. I had this problem when my last credit card expired and hassle'd with VISA to get the 3D secure thing, only for it to not work in the end. Called SE support and after talking to them, they said you can update card info using my old PS2 (luckily my PS2 hasn't exploded... yet...).

So if you have a friend or know anyone who plays on PS2 or possibly 360 you may be able to update card info without the 3D secure crap. If not... well then I dont know how to help you.
 Unicorn.Celestius
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Celestius 2009-12-29 15:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Customer service from SEInc.? You must be out of your mind. You must never have tried to get stated game rules enforced by calling a GM.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Scrollios
Premium
Server: Lakshmi
user: Scroll
By Lakshmi.Scrollios 2009-12-29 16:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

wait, SecureCode and Verified by Visa are only for PC?

What the hell kinda crap is that!

Now that they've given up their "leveled playing field" excuse by giving PC users a legit windower, that gives them the right to screw us?

We're paying customers like any other.

What really grinds my gears is that major banks, such as Bank of America and Citibank *do not* support these two programs. I would understand more if this was wide spread, but its not.

Also, why accept payment from a online retailer that wont be allowed to use a subscription payment method? I know SE can't control the payment methods at the POS, plus they do have a disclaimer, but still. It really miffs me.

LAST, i was recently considering purchasing a PS3 to use, but not all of them play ps2 games? What's the deal with that!

</rant>
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2009-12-29 16:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

glad i play on p3... aka ps2 >.>; but on that note i think its just another scam to lessen the amount of players that play 11 because of 14 coming out... truely believe that one day they will start banning people using windowers, that will be SE's trump card to try and ban more then half of the population that plays 11 to minimize the servers, they havent done it now because they need the profit income, windowers "IS" a thrid party tool and "IS" illegal, SE just knows that many players use it so they havent gone after it yet... but trust they will... they will... just as soon as they dont need the profit from 11 anymore.
[+]
 Garuda.Amara
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-12-29 16:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Reason 3D secure doesn't work on PS2 and 360 is because when on PC and updating or changing your CC, you click a link that takes you to a web page in which you input your 3D secure password and all that.... can't quite do that on a PS2 or 360... Hence why I'm keeping my PS2 updated and such. Last time I had to update card and pay some fees, no matter what I did the 3D secure wouldn't go through on PC. Call SE, called my CC company. SE said servers were busy... (for 5 days?) and CC said it wasn't there end cause the 1$ pre-auth payment came out every time.
[+]
 Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2009-12-29 17:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Amara said:
Reason 3D secure doesn't work on PS2 and 360 is because when on PC and updating or changing your CC, you click a link that takes you to a web page in which you input your 3D secure password and all that.... can't quite do that on a PS2 or 360... Hence why I'm keeping my PS2 updated and such. Last time I had to update card and pay some fees, no matter what I did the 3D secure wouldn't go through on PC. Call SE, called my CC company. SE said servers were busy... (for 5 days?) and CC said it wasn't there end cause the 1$ pre-auth payment came out every time.

Okay so basically having Xbox360 and/or PS2 updated helps with the CC issue.
Sorry to if this sound stupid but technically isn't it.. I dunno... "illegal" to bypass the 3D Verification by registering your CC through the consoles?

[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-29 17:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I bank with Wachovia, who I found out does not offer Secure 3D.

I called POL and they entered my information manually.

My boyfriend's Mastercard card wasn't eligible either.

He called and POL entered the information manually.

What I'm trying to tell you is: Call POL and make them input your CC info manually.
Garuda.Mameshiba said:
Sorry to if this sound stupid but technically isn't it.. I dunno... "illegal" to bypass the 3D Verification by registering your CC through the consoles?

If it's technically illegal, shouldn't SE just drop console support then?
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2009-12-29 18:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jovant said:
but on that note i think its just another scam to lessen the amount of players that play 11 because of 14 coming out...

I've always actually been mystified by this idea, I mean why wouldn't SE want to milk every cent out of this game that they can while they still can. Especially with the fact that 14 isn't out yet even in beta form, so they aren't technically making any money off of it yet like they are 11.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-29 18:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
Phoenix.Jovant said:
but on that note i think its just another scam to lessen the amount of players that play 11 because of 14 coming out...

I've always actually been mystified by this idea, I mean why wouldn't SE want to milk every cent out of this game that they can while they still can. Especially with the fact that 14 isn't out yet even in beta form, so they aren't technically making any money off of it yet like they are 11.

Wouldn't that be lessening the amount of people playing 14 as well? I agree with you. That logic makes no sense.
[+]
 Garuda.Amara
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-12-29 19:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It can't be illegal, there's nothing that states SE has to use the 3D secure, they chose to, just because we've found a loophole using PS2 or 360 doesn't make it illegal. There's still many people who only have 360 or PS2 to play on.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2009-12-29 19:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't illegal, otherwise we'd be seeing a lot of complaints from noobs starting out on consoles not being able to get logged in to pol and subscribe to the game.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vavaud
user: Vavaud
By Pandemonium.Vavaud 2009-12-30 15:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mameshiba said:
Garuda.Amara said:
Okay so basically having Xbox360 and/or PS2 updated helps with the CC issue. Sorry to if this sound stupid but technically isn't it.. I dunno... "illegal" to bypass the 3D Verification by registering your CC through the consoles?

No, I think the reason the 3D secure this is on PC is because you cant have a keylogger or virus on your PS2 or xbox that will hack your bank information... SE is supposedly doing you a favor by trying to protect your money.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-12-30 18:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jessee said:
Get with a bank that keeps up with technology or GTFO and let your bank continue counting money with their abacus.

This is ***. I'm with Bank of America, and they don't support the Verified by Visa OR Mastercard SecureCode. The bank's technology has nothing to do with it. It all has to do with them not giving a damn, and I can see why. How many things actually NEED this service? Not hardly any, thus why a LOT of banks don't use it.
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
What I'm trying to tell you is: Call POL and make them input your CC info manually.

This doesn't work all the time either. I had POL try to input mine manually, and it was still declined due to not having the Mastercard SecureCode available. This may work for some, but it sure as hell won't work for everyone.

I really think they should remove it personally. If you can't figure out you have viruses and keyloggers on your computer, you deserve the ***that happens. Really. It's not hard to notice if you have a good antivirus. Go ahead and rate me down, but I think this entire deal is ***. If I can't play FFXIV just because of my CC, they're not getting my money. I'm not buying a PS3 just to enter my information through their version of POL.
[+]
First Page 2