Firefox-based Solution For Posts Getting Eaten!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Firefox-based solution for posts getting eaten!
Firefox-based solution for posts getting eaten!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-01 11:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure most of the forum *** around these parts have run into the dreaded, but rare "my post got eated" problem. If not, or if you've lost your post due to a random crash, accidental tab close or who-knows-what, these solutions will simply save lost text entered into Firefox. Just stumbled onto a pretty simple and handy solution for this so I thought I'd share. There are two extensions that reach the same end, but do so in different ways so I'll present them both here for the sake of having options:

Textarea Cache - My personal choice of the two. Keeps a cache of all text-entered and separates the text by url which is very handy as well as incredibly simple to use. Icon in status bar denotes when text is stored in cache and clicking it brings up the menu.

Lazarus: Form Recovery - Has similar features as Cache and meets the same end with its approach. Simply put, it works. Honestly my only gripe is the icon makes it seem up its own ***, so I picked Cache. lol

(Edit: btw, posted this in bugs since it seemed relevant as a solution to a forum bug.)
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-09-01 11:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cai is like the forum's personal Firefox Guru. I approve of this topic.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-01 11:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wont stop the random tabs closing thing but if you hit preview before submit it wont do the thing were it just doesnt post. At least hasnt for me. I generally only do it on long post or ones that I took awhile to write sense they tend to do that more often
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-09-01 11:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Woot!

THAT WORKED!!!!!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-01 11:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What a nice compliment! <3 My Firefox obsession knows no bounds. lol I actually became friends with an editor at howtogeek solely over Firefox. XD
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-01 11:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Word of advice: If you can't copy / paste what you typed, you have a high chance of losing that post. I discovered that when I started copying everything before posting just in case.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-01 11:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

God it's liberating to be able to just hit "Submit" as I please without the ctrl+A/ctrl+C business. lol