Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-08 11:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Dasva said:
Tbest said:
lol... To anyone working in an office / government job / etc. that got yesterday off, it's Monday! Even if it's a Tuesday disguised as a Monday... It still sucks because it's the first day of the work week. >.<!

Citag said:
Last I checked its Tuesday lol
>.> It's only Tuesday for people that had to work yesterday. For everyone else, it's Monday!

Or to people that didn't work either day
People w/o jobs don't ever know what day it is anyway.

Naw. I usually go and see new movies so I know when friday is...
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-08 11:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Naw. I usually go and see new movies so I know when friday is...
I very rarely go see movies in the theater... They're such a waste of money.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-08 11:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-08 11:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Heck... I rarely even buy DVD's though. XD BitTorrent ftw!
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-09-08 11:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it's a waste if you don't enjoy going to the theater, or are one of those people that has to see every movie that comes out.

I like going out every couple weeks and having the big screen/sound.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-08 11:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's "nice". And I "enjoy it"... But, it's still a huge waste of money, imo. In my opinion, it's better to sit at home on the couch and eat popcorn while watching a movie on a fairly large TV.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-08 11:47:37
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:

/cheer!

I only take the daughter to the movies. I usually bittorrent my movies unless it's something I really want to see opening night. I haven't been to the movies to see a movie I wanted yet this year.

Now someone is slacking on the DVD screeners because Transformers 2 and Star Trek are close to DVD release dates. Those are the only 2 I'm waiting on.
 Bahamut.Citag
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-09-08 11:49:33

I love going to the movies.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-08 11:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:
Tbest said:

/cheer!

I only take the daughter to the movies. I usually bittorrent my movies unless it's something I really want to see opening night. I haven't been to the movies to see a movie I wanted yet this year.

Now someone is slacking on the DVD screeners because Transformers 2 and Star Trek are close to DVD release dates. Those are the only 2 I'm waiting on.
O.o I downloaded Star Trek before it was even out in theaters. And Transformers a couple weeks after it was released in theaters.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-09-08 11:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Yeah, it's "nice". And I "enjoy it"... But, it's still a huge waste of money, imo. In my opinion, it's better to sit at home on the couch and eat popcorn while watching a movie on a fairly large TV.

Sho'nuff. The theater companies around here dropped tickets prices awhile back as some kind of half-cocked scheme to reduce the impact of pirating movies, but at the same time they seriously jacked up the concession stand prices. It's a reasonable deal now so long as you're not hungry when you get to the theater. :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-09-08 11:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleh...in NYC when I went to the movies, ticket prices were like $10.50 in a good theater, and a large nachos were like $7 something. :x I'm old school though, and movie dates were good to me. xD If she agrees and she wasn't trying to shove her tongue in your intestines on the first date in there...she was worth dating. ._. No *** prz.

Bartimaeus said:
Smuggle some alcohol into the theaters for a new movie.

An experience you won't get pirating movies at home, and I DO love my pirating. :P

Edit...QFT rofl
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-08 11:57:31

Tbest said:
O.o I downloaded Star Trek before it was even out in theaters. And Transformers a couple weeks after it was released in theaters.

Was talking about the DVD screeners, not the Telesync(better known as the recorded movie theatre).

DVD screeners are the ones that are on the editing board to make the DVD master copy. They're usually out about 2 months prior to the DVD release date.

I've checked the samples to Transformers, but not good quality in my eyes.

Bartimaeus said:

Theaters by me serve alcohol already. Crap you can even order dinner and eat it watching the movie.
 Bahamut.Citag
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-09-08 11:57:58

Bartimaeus said:

An experience you won't get pirating movies at home, and I DO love my pirating. :P

We used to drink in the parking lot before hand lol. Classy I know.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Citag
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-09-08 12:09:44

I think the most memorable time going to the movie theaters drunk was for across the universe lol.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-08 12:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Citag said:

Theater near where my house is doesn't allow loitering in the parking lot anymore.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-08 12:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I can't decide what to level tonight.

WHM 69
DNC 51
NIN 24 (gimp sub since I hit 50+ yesterday)
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-09-08 12:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The best was going to movie with my friends after they did a bunch of mushrooms. There was one trailer in particular, I think it was the teaser for House on Haunted Hill where it's just a flyby of some creepy mansion and then it morphs into a creepy face. When one of my friends saw it he freaked out, screamed, and jumped backwards over his seat because he thought it was real and coming to get him. xD
 Bahamut.Citag
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-09-08 12:19:12

Krizz said:
Citag said:

Theater near where my house is doesn't allow loitering in the parking lot anymore.

I bet you 10 bucks as long as you and your friends are well behaved you wont have any problem lol. Places only post those signs if they've had problems with people being crazy in the past.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-09-08 12:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz said:

WHM 69
DNC 51

I was going to say DNC because it's fun, but you should really push NIN to 37 and get it over with. :P
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-09-08 12:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammitch said:
I just assumed the last thread crapped out because the forum hit an integer limit with one of the "we'll never need to deal with a thread with more than 32768 posts"-type arguments.

Nah, it should be virtually impossible to cause an overflow like that. (Although please don't take that as a challenge.)

You would need a thread that's several billion posts, and at that point the whole forum would just croak and die rather than a single thread.

The previous thread went boom because of quote trains. The forum back end can handle quote trains just fine, but user's browsers tend to freak out and wtfasplode when they encounter a hundred nested div/table replies. So you end up with a "click this and crash your browser" style thread topic lurking on the forum, which I'm forced to do something about.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-08 12:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Jaerik said:
Sammitch said:
I just assumed the last thread crapped out because the forum hit an integer limit with one of the "we'll never need to deal with a thread with more than 32768 posts"-type arguments.

Nah, it should be virtually impossible to cause an overflow like that. (Although please don't take that as a challenge.)

You would need a thread that's several billion posts, and at that point the whole forum would just croak and die rather than a single thread.

The previous thread went boom because of quote trains. The forum back end can handle quote trains just fine, but user's browsers tend to freak out and wtfasplode when they encounter a hundred nested div/table replies. So you end up with a "click this and crash your browser" style thread topic lurking on the forum, which I'm forced to do something about.

How is this thread looking? Anything new we're breaking?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-08 12:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

damn, and I thought the last thread started acting stupid from all the bizarre behavior going on in it lol
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-09-08 12:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, you're fine so far.

(Edit: ...from a technical angle, that is. After 1128 pages, I'm not sure I can say the same of our users.)
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-08 12:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammitch said:
Krizz said:

WHM 69
DNC 51

I was going to say DNC because it's fun, but you should really push NIN to 37 and get it over with. :P

Yeah.

One thing I forgot to mention is I'll be synced down to ~27 when starting (or 24 if NIN). Leveling GF's WAR sub. That's why I left DNC as an option even though it's got a gimp sub.

Edit: NIN/DNC and WAR/NIN seems like a pretty good combo to me. I'm lacking the curing waltz of DNC/NIN, but with shadows and hate-swapping its not really necessary
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-08 12:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Citag said:
I bet you 10 bucks as long as you and your friends are well behaved you wont have any problem lol. Places only post those signs if they've had problems with people being crazy in the past.

You owe me 10 bucks. I've actually had the local rent-a-cops tell us to leave while we were chilling outside our vehicles (after just a few minutes of the movie being over)
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-08 12:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz said:
rent-a-cops

Glad to see I'm not the only one that calls them that.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-08 12:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone calls them that... I've heard them referred to as "Barney" too or however ya spell it. Barney Fife from the Andy Griffith Show.
First Page 2 3 ... 1127 1128 1129 ... 18549 18550 18551