Forum » FFXI » General » SE Account- not letting me log in
SE Account- not letting me log in
 Odin.Alexxe
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user:
By Odin.Alexxe 2009-04-28 05:06:38
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so just received my security token. Set everything up, all working fine. Logged out of POL, as mog satchel wasnt active, and went to log back in- error, SE password incorrect. Tried logging in to SE account to check all my settings are right, nope wrong password too. Just wondered if anyone else is getting this same problem?
 Gilgamesh.Phalon
Server: Gilgamesh
user: patience
By Gilgamesh.Phalon 2009-04-28 05:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you edit your settings to include your new Square-Enix ID? Thats usually the problem. That or your not entering in your information fast enough.
 Fenrir.Johng
Server: Fenrir
user: Johng
By Fenrir.Johng 2009-04-28 05:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

just had same problem, de activate the use one time password setting and log on with just your SE account password, i got on fine and have my satchel SE said they're aware of the problem but didn't say how long before it'll be sorted
 Odin.Alexxe
user:
By Odin.Alexxe 2009-04-28 05:29:28
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

yes, i followed the instructions on one of the forums here. I even managed to log into my POL account with my SE password, and i've got the one time password set to do not use. So i got in once, and now it wont let me.
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2009-04-28 05:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexxe said:
Ok, so just received my security token. Set everything up, all working fine. Logged out of POL, as mog satchel wasnt active, and went to log back in- error, SE password incorrect. Tried logging in to SE account to check all my settings are right, nope wrong password too. Just wondered if anyone else is getting this same problem?

I just got my security token today registered the token logged out & i am getting the same wrong passwords, luckily i not linked to pol account yet.
 Asura.Kyoroku
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kyoroku 2009-04-28 05:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Same exact problem here. Some of my friends said to give it 15-30 minutes to "sync" with the account but it's been well over an hour now.

And it's definiately a problem with the security token. I tried logging into my SE Account via webpage and it gave me the error "The password entered is invalid. Please enter a valid password." while purposely entering a wrong SE password gives me the message "Either the Square Enix ID or Square Enix password entered is incorrect."

Guess it's time for me to hit up their webchat later today when they open.
 Odin.Alexxe
user:
By Odin.Alexxe 2009-04-28 06:08:09

So its just a case of wait it out, whilst SE fix it? And no way of getting into my game? Coz on POL the one time password is already set to do not use.
 Odin.Alexxe
user:
By Odin.Alexxe 2009-04-28 06:11:24

Okay, just tried to log in to SE account again, this time transfers you to a page that says maintenance. So hopefully they will get it fixed quick.
 Hades.Lampard
Server: Hades
user: Lampard
By Hades.Lampard 2009-04-28 06:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having the same problem, and have been waiting on webchat for like an hour...
SE site is currently under maintenance so just have to wait i guess :/
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2009-04-28 06:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I am talkng to someone on pol web chat....well i say i'm talking...but no one replying to me.
I asked is there currently square-enix account issues etc.
They about as useful as a wet paper bag.
 Diabolos.Safiya
Server: Diabolos
user: Seline
By Diabolos.Safiya 2009-04-28 06:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I just received mine today. Followed all instructions. Logged on to my POL using SE login, first tried do not use but it failed so 2nd try, used the one time pw and still failed. I tried logging back on to the SE page to check my settings as well and couldn't log on. It says that the token pw I am using is invalid :/
Also tried waiting half an hour. It didn't work.
Well, right now I'm at work. I won't be off till after 3 hours from now. Once I get back I'll try and log on one more time and most likely if it doesn't work, I am calling SE. :/

edit: time... I thought it was 12 my time when I did this -.- been at work for too long now LOL
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2009-04-28 06:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Square-enix account log in getting a maintance message now
 Asura.Kyoroku
By Asura.Kyoroku 2009-04-28 06:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It appears to be a security token problem that is affecting all accounts regardless of which regional zone it's in. Hopefully the SE Account page maintenance is related to this issue. Let us know if you find out anything via webchat!
 Odin.Alexxe
user:
By Odin.Alexxe 2009-04-28 07:15:15

YES!! I'm in to POL.
 Diabolos.Safiya
By Diabolos.Safiya 2009-04-28 07:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Awww, {Congratulations!}
I can't wait to go home and check if mine works -.-'

2 more hours... T.T
 Odin.Alexxe
user:
By Odin.Alexxe 2009-04-28 07:19:29

Thankyou. I'm not logging out again now!! And mog satchel is working, so im happy. Just hope these problems dont happen all the time...
 Diabolos.Safiya
By Diabolos.Safiya 2009-04-28 07:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That's nice^^;
I was sooo excited getting the mail this morning and went home for lunch to just check my mog satchel XD and failed at it :/
Now, at least I am glad someone had the same issue and got it resolved! I look forward to going home more than ever now ^^;
 Asura.Kyoroku
By Asura.Kyoroku 2009-04-28 15:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Maintenance seems to have fixed the problem for me, I'm able to log in now too ^^