Augmenting Armor.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Augmenting Armor.
Augmenting Armor.
 Bahamut.Farias
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Farias
By Bahamut.Farias 2009-03-17 12:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed this part when I was reading anout this:

Furthermore, to maintain the items' exclusivity, it will not be possible to trade them to your companions, nor sell them via the auction house or bazaars. Adventurers looking to acquire augmented equipment will have to do so by their own courage and valor!

So the balance will be in the fact that not only are you limited to 2 augments, but the only way to get rid of the piece afterwards is to drop it. So they seem to be targeting those with town gear and those still utilizing gear sets for level caps instead of succumbing to level sync to encourage you to dust off what's buried in your Mog Safe.
 Fairy.Bruser
Server: Fairy
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-03-17 12:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting from work, so I can not read what SE said, just the front page.
As someone mentioned before, they show two ppl with armor that has negative stats. So it would seem that one option is to remove the negative stats or reduce it.
So like a huaby with no -20 evasion?
or Scorp Harness with no -elemental resist?
I guess for those who hates -stats I guess.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-03-17 12:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

*Casts Silena on himself.* Ok... I think you guys are a 'little' off the base here.

SquareEnix said:
"Fashionable and formidable pieces of equipment in their own right, these three new armors boast a never-before-seen customizable element. Upon procuring one of these treasures, players will be presented with a list of twenty additional effects, from which two may be chosen to supplement the armor's base attributes. With the ability to tailor each piece to your character's strengths, you can create for yourself the armor of your dreams!"

Tie this into the fact that the 'mini-expansion' "A Crystalline Prophecy" will be unavailable for actual play until the April Version Update and voila! I'd bet that both are going to be using the same "Augment System". While the three new body pieces will most likely be the final reward for the new missions, I'd agree with a previous poster that suggested Augmenting current gear would be using items from the new TNM's and FoV.

As far as the 20 attributes are concerned, I'd wager a guess that they'd be:

HP, MP, STR, VIT, DEX, AGI, MND, INT, CHR, ACC, ATK, R. ACC, R. ATK, M. ACC, M. ATK, EVA, HPWH, MPWH, ENM+, ENM- (Or the ENM might just be in one group and increasing Defense might be added in as well.)
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-17 12:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

TBEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're back!!! yay see I knew you couldn't resist this mithra tail *wink*
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-03-17 13:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

<.< >.>

I don't know what you're talking about... *Watches the tail sway back and forth in an almost hypnotic trance.*
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-17 13:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

*pounces on Tbest and gives a lil lick* Stop hiding and talk lol

btw I hope its good enough to help with some sub jobs i needa lvl
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-03-17 13:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

*Laughs a bit.*

Another thought is the stat increases will most likely be affected by the level of the equipment you're upgrading.
I doubt you'll be able to upgrade a lvl 1 piece of EQ with 5 STR and 50 HP.

And a further thought... There may be certain tiers of items that you receive which may yield higher stat gains than others. That however is purely speculation though with no information to back it up.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Skinwalker
Server: Asura
By Asura.Skinwalker 2009-03-17 13:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
Tbest said:
*Laughs a bit.*

Another thought is the stat increases will most likely be affected by the level of the equipment you're upgrading.
I doubt you'll be able to upgrade a lvl 1 piece of EQ with 5 STR and 50 HP.

And a further thought... There may be certain tiers of items that you receive which may yield higher stat gains than others. That however is purely speculation though with no information to back it up.

I'd have to agree. Seems like the most legitimate way to do this, without unbalancing the game.

Agreed, and the ease of augmenting will have to scale as well. Adding +1 STR to your bronze bikini bottoms? No sweat. Adding +5 ATT and DEX to your SH? Not so much.

Also sounds like you may be able to augment old R/EX gear, though the announcement is vauge as hell...I would love to add +ATT and STR or DEX to my Cobra Mittens.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-03-17 13:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what it will cost. I really don't think it's going to be free. Maybe a certain 'base' cost for the stat you want to add plus extra depending how much of that stat you want to add. Or maybe each stat will be associated with a certain Gem (or other crafting item) and you'll have to trade the piece of equip plus the associated Gems (or crafting items) equal to how much of that stat you want.

You'll prolly also have to wait til JP midnight to get your finished armor back lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-17 13:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lol bart

I'd like to add stuff to my rse lvl 1 gear though. Sometimes that little bit of stats help for certain jobs.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-17 13:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I already augmented things.

/pro on

User submitted image
User submitted image

/pimp

/pro off
 Kujata.Miel
Server: Kujata
user: Miel
By Kujata.Miel 2009-03-17 15:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what I see as being the most useful thing about this: Now DD jobs can get some decent non-endgame leg armor at all levels. Because to be fair...DD options for leg armor are pretty weak. Anything would be better than what we get, really.

It would be nice if we can create a decent replacement for Republic Subligar. No more naked Galka thighs plx.

Oh, also, maybe our armor can match more often now too. Makes me sad when all the good gear combinations look so terrible together.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-17 15:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's so true /cry I'm stuck in Republic subligar until I get some haidate/usu/or other decent pants.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-17 15:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll wager they'll limit this augmentation to gear that has neither rare or exclusive tags on it.

Obviously this next though is a joke, but I'm kinda hoping they'll increase the number of slots for attributes that can be altered so I can equip my Mimic materia! ;)
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-17 16:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Adventurers looking to acquire augmented equipment will have to do so by their own courage and valor!

FoVNMs anyone? I'm betting the NMs from FoV they're introducing in this patch will drop items used to augment the armor pieces.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-03-17 16:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm... TNM tyvm. "Tab Notorious Monster", not FoVNM... That's too long... NM, HNM, BCNM/BSNM, KSNM, ENM, ISNM, ZNM... FoVNM just doesn't fit. :P
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-17 18:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I haven't heard an official acronym for it, but you understand what I'm getting at. I wasn't posting to make the name or debate it, just referring to those series of monsters.
 Alexander.Tenshii
Server: Alexander
user: Haruneru
By Alexander.Tenshii 2009-03-17 19:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This "augmentation" feature was stolen blatantly from Lineage 2.
As long as SE doesn't let people go nuts with stats it'll be fine.
Not like you can sell/trade etc. Now make it cost 15mil!!1111one Lol!
 Pandemonium.Kield
Server: Pandemonium
user: Kield
By Pandemonium.Kield 2009-03-17 19:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Aphoria said:
From what I read I understood it as only craftable [most likely not +1s] and NPC bought gear would be up for augmenting. As for the Auction house effect, you won't be able to sell these "Aug" items so the only effect will be how popular some of the basic gear "Aug"-able that has potential to be turned into a good piece.

This can also suggest why they used Errant and a Byrnie as their craftable.. Which could also suggest Scorpions Harness, Adaman gear and other nice little piece may have some real potential. I can see an NPC fee for augmenting tokens or something, with the whole gil dropping out of FOV manuals. I wouldn't expect it to be alot, but they'd hold different things... Whats interesting is why they have different values, as HP was +10 and MP +15 on the example, and STR+3 and VIT+5 suggests you can add two stats and can only increase those two stats to their maximum which looks like 5. [as in HP and MP would be +3 per upgrade and stats like STR and VIT are +1 per upgrade]

But obviously I could mega fail and it turns out its alot different to what I just said ^_^b.

^ What I said on that witch sash topic...

only edit is the tokens thing I don't think it will be that easy but yeah the only way we'll find out is to see what happens when it comes.
 Pandemonium.Kield
Server: Pandemonium
user: Kield
By Pandemonium.Kield 2009-03-17 19:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I read the rest of this topic, what I said was touched upon, so I feel the need to agree with someone and make a small point then walk with my head held high like I made a difference.

I think the guy that said trading in Tabs for FM[Field Manual]NMs like an orb or something, or since they're introducing the field manuals into alot of new areas maybe on completion of the training schedule you'll get drops that are special to that area or they'll be in the caskets.. Only problem with caskets is people get very greedy and take Dwings when they're a blm or refresh drinks when they're a SAM. Damn people like me!!

Afterall they said "Adventurers looking to acquire augmented equipment will have to do so by their own courage and valor!" so there will have to be some fight involved lol.

Yeah so... My heads high, I made a difference, I dropped some Knowledge on you. ^_^b
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-17 19:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Ummm... TNM tyvm. "Tab Notorious Monster", not FoVNM... That's too long... NM, HNM, BCNM/BSNM, KSNM, ENM, ISNM, ZNM... FoVNM just doesn't fit. :P
Am I right in thinking they're introducing TNM's and ANNM's? Maybe I got things confused and made two out of one, but if so it could easily be either of these.

Also, @ Tenshii, god forbid an MMO should have similar features to another MMO... If you do some digging I'm sure you'll find other games before lineage 2 that used the same function.
 Lakshmi.Septroth
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Septroth 2009-03-17 20:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

/dream on

Hitetsu said:

/pro on

User submitted image
User submitted image

/pimp

/pro off

/dream off
 Fairy.Filielle
user: Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-03-17 20:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm? I was only recently revealed to the idea of augmentating within, "Video Game (normally RPG &/or Variaion)" systematics of game play substance via Fable II initial impact/impression. I already have an occult understanding of, "Augment" to my own extent but either way, the industry doesn't copy within it's own self (asking for lawsuit under copyright infringement is silly); & if it is, it usually is because they stemmed it from any sort of spirituality / anthropology / et cetera. I guess that'll induce more marks for stronger Spiritual Wars, but that's just my thought on it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Definition:

1. [v] enlarge or increase; "The recent speech of the PLO chairman augmented tensions in the Near East"
2. [v] grow or intensify; "The pressure augmented"

AUGMENT is a 7 letter word that starts with A.

See Also: grow, increase

----------------------------------------------------------------

or really, just a, "source" (i.e. Sun, heart, core, thought) used to amplify; preferably that of power or in power ( such as sine-waves / electromagnetic fields / white noise / 'auras' / 'fields of energy' & so forth )
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-17 20:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, games copy each other all the damn time with no law-suits, it's like movies, you can copy the idea or general premise as much as you damn well want, but it's only when you copy the actual script that you get in trouble. Probably the same with games, can copy the looks, the ideas, the mechanics, just don't copy the coding or levels and you're set.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-18 08:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I read the augmenting stuff last night and from what I read, the items that would be augmenting are items that you used to level with and now sit in your storage/mog house collecting dust. Items like certain AF, some weapons probably, probably quested items, etc.
 Lakshmi.Antonios
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2009-03-18 09:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:

/pro on

User submitted image
User submitted image

/pimp

/pro off

All i can say is ROFLMAO i would love to see what u would add to Morrigans lmao
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-18 23:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

A few Thoughts:
It said 2 stats on gear btw. I'm wondering, if it is non -ex items that you can augment, what about PCA, Empress hairpin, Bounding boots, Ochimusha kote, those things are "rare" and EX, however, their oldskool counterpart are just rare, so. I wonder if they'll target gear with or without both rare/ex or just anything marked "rare".

Also. does anyone else see crafting becoming a big hit again? With gear becoming locked to a character after augmenting, once purchased that'll basically remove any SH's or haubs and other such items from the AH for good. With supply running low, and demand becoming high.. this could be the very thing to breathe life back into crafts.
Server: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-03-19 14:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Has there been a date set for the update yet?