Your Proudest Final Fantasy XI Moment
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-01 20:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just browsing through my folder of screenshots which I tend to take when something pretty impressive, funny or incredible happens to me or my friends. It brought back a lot of fond memories, especially about old friends who are no longer playing or on extended breaks.

There's way too much negativity on these forums, so let's cheer the place up a little with a good old fashioned "Proudest Moment" thread.

This will be a very fascinating way of sharing our most sacred achievements with everyone!

Disclaimer: If you have no intentions of contributing in a civilised manner, please don't reply at all. Don't want any trolling in here, head over to the duping thread if you want to do that! These are proud moments from players and should be respected. Just because you've done it ten thousand times, doesn't mean others can't be proud of it! No e-peens in here please!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2009-02-01 21:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

1/1 on Sirocco, praise Jesus or Altana...whichever you prefer.
 Cerberus.Orphanos
Server: Cerberus
user:
By Cerberus.Orphanos 2009-02-01 21:22:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Getting my Peacock Amulet finally..I felt so proud, spent endless hours there..ending up being 1/12 on Argus. Took me 2 months to get it..But im so proud I worked so hard for it and finally its over!

Also V Belt, Vali's Bow and Trotter's were nice but not as close to PCA
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-02-01 21:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

being one of the first NA's on our server to complete CoP, before their was any wiki or erica's guide. Nothing like wondering how to get the two key items to gain access to the upper level for 8-3 ... then being told "you bought the account, no NA's have completed CoP yet" by one of the major HNMLS leaders at the time haha >.> "What drops Tamas Ring?" was pretty commonly asked to me too back then.

My first 75 job was pretty cool too. WHM. Got it in the old aura statue parties at Celestial Nexus. Dinged 75 and got killed the first 10 seconds the very next fight and delevel when tank d/c. Anyone around then remembers, you only had 1 tank back then, none of this tp burn everyone /nin stuff.
 Bahamut.Danagon
Server: Bahamut
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-02-01 21:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

when i got 1/1 o kote,, 1/1 emp pin and 2/4 bounding boots that was awesome <3
 Carbuncle.Littlevegeta
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Littlevegeta 2009-02-01 21:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

getting my homam body after 2 yrs of limbus and getting my black belt
 Bahamut.Avenged
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Avenged 2009-02-01 22:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

well compared to others i know its not great, but getting Swift Belt and Soboro Sukehiro this weekend was a big accomplishment for me. Not a huge one, but good for me in two days. :P
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-02-01 22:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming/ISNM/KSNM/Dynamis splits for 2~ months to get Ares's Cuirass gil made me really appreciate/be proud of getting the Cuirass.
Also leveling brd to 75 in maybe 2 months total, because I usually level slow as crap :X
 Shiva.Eleazar
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eleazar 2009-02-01 22:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming 7 Fortitude sets almost entirely solo until I got my Torque; 3 other people in my linkshell got them from my sets before I got mine because of linkshell points.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-01 22:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Killing Roc by myself on Garuda server. Failing to SS it at the time is my worst moment though.
 Bahamut.Muagnas
user: Muagnas
By Bahamut.Muagnas 2009-02-01 22:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Beating Maat doing an attacking set up as opposed to a healing set up as a 70 whm taru. The vid's on youtube under my name; did a few mistakes but hey my first and only Maat so i'm happy with it :P
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-02-01 23:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

In no particular order:
1-Getting my O.Kote and S.Kyahan within the same day. I was only trying for the Kyahan and farming as THF when I got both with no campers around.

2- Soloing a EM Scorp as THF. I ran out of bolts and shadows. A friend had zoned in time to see me in double digit HP and the Scorpion WS. Thankfully it missed the Death Scissors and I WS'd for the kill ending with 1 HP.

3- And lastly, but the most significant and happiest, becoming good friends with a woman who later became my IRL and IG fiance.
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-02 00:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lethewaters said:
And lastly, but the most significant and happiest, becoming good friends with a woman who later became my IRL and IG fiance.

; ; Dude, that's so awesome. I did see that whole thread about this, but there was too much dialogue for me to comment XD /salute to you and your other half, sir! <(^^)

Mine is doing the Trials and Tribulations BCNM60 ("Russian Roulette" one) for the first time, choosing the small box, and getting an Astral Ring drop. \o/

*edit* OH!!! And dividing by zero, AKA hitting 75 in a linkshell level sync party in Valkurm Dunes. My ls mates were stunned.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-02-02 01:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, probably hitting 75 after almost a year of playing and beating promy holla with a group of friends after failing so much on it lol

Also, seeing friends I first met when they were lvl30 or something hitting 75, it's great seeing people I know achieving stuff =D
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-02-02 01:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting surprised with the first Osode my first endgame LS ever got. ^^

AQ4L!
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-02-02 02:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there is truely too much to list here.
But I know its none of this endgame stuff, but definately when I finally got to ride the airships lol I was so pumped for the longest time. Having to watch people be able to ride from city to city while I was stuck running or chocobo just broke my heart. Nowadays I barely use it unless I'm going to Sandy, but even then sometimes just tele. OP warp and wg > jueno save me so much time.

My friend who just started who's now 16WAR, getting on that airship is his dream. lol

But other than that, definately beating maat 1/1 with 14 hp left and getting my first 75DRK.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-02-02 02:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting the Shura Haidate from sky..( well the Dryad Scroll) and having my buddy who is filthy $$$ shell out for me to buy the armour, and me using the Scroll to get the curse removed... and then same day Getting my Supple skin from Limbus.. and now awaiting to get my thf prolaines Upgraded to the +1.

all in one day.. Super Smexy!!!

* Even tho Ill be in debt, thats ok..I told him that a bailout package would fix all this! LMFGDAO*

ALSO doing a random run on ODS and being the only one out of 6 ppl to get on my drop, b/c our rule was your Seals, your drop..

I got my serket ring.. Sold it right after for 500K..=D
( Still haven't won on UO for PCC or Ni, however I got both of those already .. the rare/ex and I bought my Ni scroll)

Airship.. same as above.. I usually OP now or Warp or tele..

finally doing END game bs..

finally..

Getting to 8-1 ( we will be finishing CoP asap b/c of this!)

there ya have it.
 Carbuncle.Ephyria
user: Ephyria
By Carbuncle.Ephyria 2009-02-02 04:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting PCC from UO ^^ even if we sold it afterwards ^^;;
 Cerberus.Toabea
user: Toabea
By Cerberus.Toabea 2009-02-02 05:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally beating Red Mage Maat back in the day was probably my proudest moment...Wait until you are level 70 to fight him, oh, and the youtube video where the guy runs in and sleeps him straight away doesn't always work out so well lol ^^;
 Bismarck.Makai
Server: Bismarck
user: M4k4i
By Bismarck.Makai 2009-02-02 05:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

1/1 Peacock Amulet! Got ToD from Leech King, arrived @ camp 18 hours later, Argus popped a few mins into the window, I was alone at camp^^It all happend so fast lol...
 Fairy.Conchita
Server: Fairy
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-02-02 06:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of moments! D:
-Getting my Ridill
-Getting Vivian Ring 1/1
-Getting any gear I got with my LS, especially Ace's Helm and E. Body (thanks alot!)
-Anytime Ridill drops for my LS is good moment
-Sha'ir Manteel as a present from my BF! :D
-Getting Trotter Boots for my BF while he was away on vacation and another friend without THF
-Killing Jormungand when I was just 70 WHM with a different shell
-Getting Novio from LS
-Last but not least; Valis bow drop! 1/6 I believe
-Getting Leathercraft to 100 after about a year lol

There's so many more things D:
 Carbuncle.Littlevegeta
By Carbuncle.Littlevegeta 2009-02-02 07:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

oh yeah, forgot to put getting alchemy to 100 and hqing cursed legs for a very good friend going 1/2
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-02 07:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is:

Killing the Dynamis Lord in our Dynamis Linkshell for the first time. We started as a very basic shell, with most of our members having never done Dynamis before. We slowly progressed through the zones and grew and grew as a shell. I was so proud when we took the Dynamis Lord down on our first try, it really was the benchmark for our shell's progression. We're not one of these shells with tons of very decently equipped damage dealers and we have no relics in our shell, so it added to the beauty of the achievement. We got full drop as well which really made it a proud moment to remember!

Or:

The morning me and my friend woke up really early to camp Aspidochelone. He was top on Dalmatica, I was top on Wyrmal body. We were both QQing about getting up so early for "Last window Adamantoise", but we got Aspidochelone. Both Dalmatica and Crimson Scale Mail dropped! it was a great morning made particularly awesome by the fact that one of my best friends got his drop as well from the same monster.

Or:

Getting my Dalmatica from Nidhogg a few months before :)
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-02-02 08:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Few for me.

- Going from a crappy RDM at level 70 that couldn't beat Maat to observing a friend on BLM and being coached until I did a Maat run where I walked out with more HP than I walked in with. Thank you forever, Celdtun.

- Getting my joyeuse, many thanks to my brother and Liania in particular for all the help there.

- Hitting level 100 cooking. I owe it to Daeva for having the unnatural patient to stick with me on that last Awd Goggie berry run XD Really owe this guy something lol

- After 18 months of trying with various shells, logging on one day to find myself in sky with the zmitt abjuration. Huzzah for my brother dualboxing me on a genbu fight and Liania for throwing the idea out there to allow them to let him lot for me.
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-02-02 09:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Going 1/56 Sozu Rogberry. Old school way.

+ the times i spent and the people i met.
 Shiva.Thedevilsson
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Thedevilsson 2009-02-02 09:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine would have to be beating maat 1/1 on drg and setting the record.
2nd proudest moment soloing Aquarious as a 64BST and getting drop after 1 1/2 fight
 Carbuncle.Sterling
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-02-02 09:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My proudest moment would have to be the first time I logged into FFXI. I remember distinctly trying to figure out how to walk around and failing. I could however, use my mouse to bring up the communication options.

*Hey! There's a button that says shout. I bet someone will help me if I use that*

--Port San D'oria--
<Kizzy> Hey
<Kizzy> Can someone tell me how to move
<Kizzy> Hello?
<Kizzy> anyone? someone please i dont know how to move
<Randomelvaan> omg what a noob
<otherelvaan> rofl

Yea, I still giggle about that today. I ended up smashing all the keys on my keyboard until I figured it out. I then deleted the character 'Kizzy' out of pure embarrasment.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-02 09:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

OH YEAH, can't believe I forgot:

My linkshell (mostly Tira XD) camping Charybdis for the LONGEST FREAKING TIME and getting Joytoys for about 8 people, I think....

Accidentally ninja lotting my friend's Swift Belt. T_T I was going to drop it, but my ls said to keep it @_@ I still wear it with shame :< (My own pop item didn't drop the SB, but a really good mage friend said he didn't need his right away and his pop item dropped it. THANKS WRAN!!!!)

Couple of ls mates helping me get Jelly Ring^^ (Thanks Blind!!)

Wow, I really love my linkshell T_T You guys seriously rock!! <3
 Cerberus.Oric
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-02-02 10:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is going to sound kind of stupid. But actually one of my proudest moments was hitting lvl 30! I thought I was something back then because I had beat all my RL friends to 30 and unlocked nearly all advanced jobs (this was before even CoP came out). It made me feel like I had beat the game watching them awe at my Carbuncle pet or the sight of me blowing myself up! (Mijin Gakure) XDXD
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11