Campaigning With Assholes.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Campaigning with assholes.
Campaigning with assholes.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-20 22:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Wait, he's typing in a different language? Cause... it's in English to me(Minus the Y looking signs) <.<
Its alphabetic JP txt using the japanese language pack from the Microsoft IME setting...so yea..

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-20 22:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ramuh.Tousou said:
Wait, he's typing in a different language? Cause... it's in English to me(Minus the Y looking signs) <.<
Its alphabetic JP txt using the japanese language pack from the Microsoft IME setting...so yea..
i figured that was the case but i didn't know if it was some sort or encoding thing or what lol.
By Avatan 2010-06-20 22:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-20 22:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ramuh.Tousou said:
i figured that was the case but i didn't know if it was some sort or encoding thing or what lol.
尾用はは ・。・
By Avatan 2010-06-20 22:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-20 22:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Avatan said:
wall of youtube
wat?
By Avatan 2010-06-20 22:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

huh?
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-20 22:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Copy, paste, and Google Translate for me.

I have JP installed on the other PC I play on.

Noob question, does it translate JP text, or just allow you to type/view it on webpages?

Cause I'd love to know what all the JPs rant about in my parties xD
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-20 22:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Copy, paste, and Google Translate for me.

I have JP installed on the other PC I play on.

Noob question, does it translate JP text, or just allow you to type/view it on webpages?

Cause I'd love to know what all the JPs rant about in my parties xD
I have ricecakes
I have ricecakes too
Yay lets dance and sing
hurray!
Hey what about this engrish person?
Screw him, he is inferior to our JP onry speaking
* unison evil laughter *
(you) What?
(them) oh nothing! nothing! you have very large penis!
[+]
 Siren.Krystale
Server: Siren
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-06-20 22:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Prolly got some terrible *** in your server did cerb and siren and never got such problems...may be the tail factor tho..
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-20 23:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
I have ricecakes
I have ricecakes too
Yay lets dance and sing
hurray!
* unison evil laughter *
(you) What?

W
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-20 23:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
I have ricecakes
I have ricecakes too
Yay lets dance and sing
hurray!
* unison evil laughter *
(you) What?

W
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-21 06:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I seen the thread title, then noticed it was on Asura and was all 'Ohh, well of course.'

Leviathan.Willoflame
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-21 07:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

@OP: Yes, I hear your pain. Unfortunately people can't accept the fact that we all coexist in campaign and it's a team effort to win the battle and gain influence in the area. I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that.

I was in Rol.Fields(s) the other day, the battle was going horrible. Quadavs had the Confederate Belfry up, and there was 2 squads of Quadav there beating on the forts. I went on sam/war with my blm friend to clean up what we could, so I engaged a mob that someone (pld/dnc) was soloing. I pulled hate, the guy disengages and run off. Ok... So I get the mob down to like 20% and he comes running back with one of the NMs that were there and died right on me before I could move. It killed me and my friend.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you are not alone. People everywhere feel your pain!
 Bismarck.Touvan
Server: Bismarck
user: Touvan
By Bismarck.Touvan 2010-06-21 07:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
i love going to campaign as thf. There are jps here that do that too. So i attack their mob, then when they run off i follow them with the mob, make sure im keeping hate. Then as soon as they pull another mob, hide. Then i cheer them on and go about my merry way

lolol I do the same ***on DRG
[+]
 Diabolos.Ariane
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Ariane 2010-06-21 07:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is, that people, for some reason, even though they're playing an MMO, don't actually like to play with other people.

I know... I don't get it either.

When I go into Campaign, I go prepared to take care of myself, and generally on jobs capable of soloing. I expect people to be douches, so I don't get upset when they are.

On the other hand, mistakes happen. I've accidentally MPKed people in Campaign, and been sworn at for doing it.

It was Beaucedine, and I aggroed that stupid flying NM thing. I was kiting it around the tower when a HUGE bug started flying in my face irl. I jumped up, and ran around to grab something to kill it with.

When I got back to my computer I saw that I had run into a wall, got myself killed, and the 2 players who were resting there killed too. They were swearing at me.

***happens.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-21 07:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
I seen the thread title, then noticed it was on Asura and was all 'Ohh, well of course.'

QFT
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-06-21 07:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Touvan said:
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
i love going to campaign as thf. There are jps here that do that too. So i attack their mob, then when they run off i follow them with the mob, make sure im keeping hate. Then as soon as they pull another mob, hide. Then i cheer them on and go about my merry way
lolol I do the same ***on DRG

This alone makes me want to level thf, I always just die and reraise
 Asura.Tygon
Server: Asura
user: Veldar
By Asura.Tygon 2010-06-21 07:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So I am in campaign on BLU there is someone in the back corner fighting a mob, as well as another two on one and one solo. It is an elvaan named Eldlich, I join in and /s "hey you are not /away! :P".

A minute goes by, they disengage and start running and stop. I have a hunch they are trying to leave me with the mob so they can go solo another fresh one. Which turns out to be correct because the person soloing a mob dies and it is not on me. I sleep it and the RDM starts back on that same mob they just disengaged from. What an *** I am thinking so I go back over to that mob and start fighting.

They then disengage again and run from the back of the Crawler's Nest (S) all the way to the tags guy as I start /slapping them. The mob I have slept then comes after me, I sleep it again and they dia II it. I bind it and they then run all the way back to the hallway they were in and grab someones mob they are fighting and stay put.

Since you would not say anything Eldlich I just wanted to say, *** you and you are a douchebag.

(Cool story bro!)

Happens to me all the time when on sam/dnc. *** let them run, I just switch from hagun to soboro, kill it fast thejn retake their next mob.
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-21 07:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hide MPKs Ftw

Too bad I don't Campaign on THF anymore
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-06-21 07:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't stand people that get butthurt if you attack "their" mob in campaign. Go solo ordinary mobs if you dislike sharing that much -.-

Mimilisu (I think they're JP) is another one who will do similar stuff to what the OP described. Just as a fyi, lol.
By Zekko 2010-06-21 07:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont see the problem lol I could fight about 6 campaign mobs at the same time on RDM in my -PDT gear. I would of just laughed at them.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-06-21 07:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It would depend entirely on what job I'm on and what kind of mobs. If I'm trying to get a rng buffer and this happens, I'm kinda screwed. -.-
 Unicorn.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-06-21 07:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Hide MPKs Ftw Too bad I don't Campaign on THF anymore

Can't really classify it as mpk in campaign, after all, they did touch the mob.

I'd call watching someone run way way out (like 2 map squares away) to snatch an incoming mob and following them and after they pull one diaga the entire army and dying next to them then watching them die then reraise when it's clear and wave goodbye to them and leave them for dead way out there so they have to homepoint more of an mpk but it is campaign, campaign kind of has a grey area to mpk's o.-

Unicorn.Ninetales
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-21 08:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll generally try to pick *a* mob and solo it, it's just more fun and challenging for me that way (and good for capping AN). I don't get bent out of shape when other people hop in; after all, it's not explicitly "my" mob, but it does hurt when I get called a douchebag for "extending campaign". I'm sorry if there are 50 people in the zone and you want your 100 EXP *now*, but I campaign for EXP/AN and that's just what I'll do.

Oh, and I'm not ignorant of everyone around me, either. If someone's asking for a Cure and I'm not struggling for life myself, I'll toss them a Cure III. It's not much, but it's what I can do, so I'll do it. After I'm done with my mob or if the NM goes to town on everyone, I'll shout to ask if anyone needs a Raise. And why not? It's win-win -- you get your Raise, I get the EXP credit for it. Everyone's happy.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-21 08:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw the OP I guess is Japanese, and then he begins to start talking to Dubont, b.c he is Japanaese too! Not You Tousou.

I'm not picking this thread apart, but isn't it rude to start posting in 1 language, then revert to talking to another? Maybe its just me..perhaps I have been raised differently to acknowledge that its not nice I suppose...=/

hmmmmm...
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-21 12:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Naw the OP I guess is Japanese, and then he begins to start talking to Dubont, b.c he is Japanaese too! Not You Tousou.

I'm not picking this thread apart, but isn't it rude to start posting in 1 language, then revert to talking to another? Maybe its just me..perhaps I have been raised differently to acknowledge that its not nice I suppose...=/

hmmmmm...
Dubont doesn't give a ***if he's rude..lol.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 12:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:

hmmmmm...
¥ t(-_-t) ¥  deez nuts. mpk用巻はヴぇティs

Phoenix.Slytribal
Server: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-06-21 12:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

People taking mobs off in it, I can deal with, I just follow them and attack their mobs, even got told to piss off and get my own many times.

What truly annoys me, is when everyone is near each other, and you die. Rdms, Whms and Schs all around you, even examining you, but then run off without raising.. Most of the time it's the random Bst/Whm passing by that raises me like half hour later.