| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Foxxy
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Foxxy
By Bahamut.Foxxy 2010-06-03 21:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i got it too while i was at work haven't got a chance to check it out though.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-03 21:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

"Dear valued FINAL FANTASY XI player" lol
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-03 21:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear valued FINAL FANTASY XI player: Our data center got hacked.

[+]
 Bahamut.Foxxy
user: Foxxy
By Bahamut.Foxxy 2010-06-03 21:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
That whole valued part prolly makes it fake already
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-03 22:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm ... how about:

FFXI Player,
We got hacked so call us (but ONLY during business hours) and after a few hours you'll eventually talk to a live person, and can play some more! :D

kthxbai
SE

PS If you're thinking about canceling your account, forget it since you need to log in to cancel your content IDs.

or Auto Translate:

{Hello}

{Final} {Fantasy} {Back} {Door}

{PlayOnline} {Password} {Please Check it}

{Thank You}
[+]
 Asura.Jesyvut
Server: Asura
user: Jesyvut
By Asura.Jesyvut 2010-06-03 22:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

My brother got hacked on June 1. He then proceeded to get this email, lol. Whoever hacked him was able to charge his credit card to transfer his character from Asura to Sylph. He's got a freeze on his card right now and SE already froze his account until they can restore it back on Asura.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-06-03 22:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=10662

and

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94209
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-06-03 22:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

/slow claps for SE
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-06-03 22:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

My content ID got canceled and I had to change my credit card info before getting it back.
This is good, though, since it was canceled before it could charge any accounts, and won't bill me until the end of the month for this month apparently.
Everytihng went better than expected?
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-03 23:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh are they allowing account reactivation already lorie? I need to re-enable one of my alts, I assumed the reactivation was still suspended due to the billing phase.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-06-03 23:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Still don't understand how a multi-billion dollar company gets hacked... I must be missing something lol.

umm everyone and everything can get hacked... it all depends of the effort the hacker(s)
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-03 23:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Way to be Square E!!!!!!

F'n Nonsense.....

" We can train a almost competant Chimp to do your job "

<facepalm>
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-06-04 04:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Still don't understand how a multi-billion dollar company gets hacked... I must be missing something lol.

Yahoo and Microsoft both got hacked in the past so... Next to them Square Enix is small.
 Bahamut.Leonelf
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-06-04 14:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Even the biggest banks in the wold get hacked once in a while so yea why not.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-04 15:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I had my bank get hacked before. They ended up having to close my account and open another one for me, I believe.. :X
 Leviathan.Crawlerbasher
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Crawlerbasher 2010-06-04 15:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this is flying on there website right now
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news19199.shtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Thank you for your continued support of PlayOnline and FINAL FANTASY XI.

As a result of an attack on our computer network, there is a possibility that information pertaining to some users has been compromised including the PlayOnline ID, PlayOnline password and certain other details obtained during registration. We have taken measures as soon as the attack was detected, and have limited the potential breach of information.

If you have linked your PlayOnline ID to a Square Enix Account, your account will be safe due to the nature of the information possibly breached. Please be assured that sensitive information such as your credit card number has not been compromised.

To prevent any misuse from accounts potentially compromised during this incident, we have changed the PlayOnline password for all those affected. We will be sending the new PlayOnline password to you by regular mail to the address registered in our records. We apologize for the inconvenience, but you will be able to login to PlayOnline using this new password. We have also sent out details on how to reset your password through our Information Center to those with a valid e-mail address, during the early hours of June 4th.

Those who can still login to PlayOnline using their current password are unaffected by the contents of this e-mail.

Please note: Square Enix employees will not ask you for your PlayOnline password regarding this incident. Please remain vigilant of any phishing attempts disguised as correspondence from Square Enix.

Thank you for your understanding, and we again apologize for any inconvenience caused.
[+]
By Archangelgab 2010-06-04 17:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone here has been hacked once, restored but paid attention to the letter they had you sign in order for the restore to take place about not being able to request another recovery ?

Meaning ppl who get hacked now are screwed ?

I write this because i was hacked once, restored in about 1 month and been playing but always uneasy about getting hacked again. Only person who uses my account is me and no, i dont' have the SE security token. ( enough with paying for service and add-on's and 1 week later, surprise bundle pack for 14.95)

btw, i play on xbox360 and still got hacked, and SE's truly magnificent "customer service reps" told me what that letter stated, so anyone any thoughts on this ?
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-04 17:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Archangelgab said:
Anyone here has been hacked once, restored but paid attention to the letter they had you sign in order for the restore to take place about not being able to request another recovery ? Meaning ppl who get hacked now are screwed ? I write this because i was hacked once, restored in about 1 month and been playing but always uneasy about getting hacked again. Only person who uses my account is me and no, i dont' have the SE security token. ( enough with paying for service and add-on's and 1 week later, surprise bundle pack for 14.95) btw, i play on xbox360 and still got hacked, and SE's truly magnificent "customer service reps" told me what that letter stated, so anyone any thoughts on this ?
Hmmm off the bat I'd think not, but seeing how this situation is different than others I'd say call them up and see what can be done. As this was their fault you *should* be given your account + rollback.
By Archangelgab 2010-06-04 18:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmmm not looking for rollback or credits or stuff, just afraid at SE's sucky security because even though i do not for any reason write my pol id or password, still got hacked and i kinda doubt any person working at SE would be selling account info and if they are, ***at least target uber gear'd ppl lol ( when i was hacked way back, just lost hauby, auster, aquilos, forager's mantle and 500k which SE rep assured me since it was sent from the character to another now inactive character, no way to recover ).
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-04 18:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Archangelgab said:
Mmmm not looking for rollback or credits or stuff, just afraid at SE's sucky security because even though i do not for any reason write my pol id or password, still got hacked and i kinda doubt any person working at SE would be selling account info and if they are, ***at least target uber gear'd ppl lol ( when i was hacked way back, just lost hauby, auster, aquilos, forager's mantle and 500k which SE rep assured me since it was sent from the character to another now inactive character, no way to recover ).
I'm still thinking it was an inside job. I dunno, I play 360 as well but, I do use my laptop while I'm running the store. If I got hacked I sure as hell would want my account back, (Yes I said mine, we pay for the damn thing we should own the things). SE just sucks as a company in general for various reasons, some their fault and others not their fault.

Of course I also have a token, which is also a blessing / curse in my eyes.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2010-06-04 18:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

Yahoo and Microsoft both got hacked in the past so... Next to them Square Enix is small.

Try NASA too
By Archangelgab 2010-06-05 09:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah Lua, we pay but it's a rent :( anyway lol check out stupid rmt banners way tog to jack *** good spelling

stcok and satisfation yeah course im satisfated
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-06-05 11:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

the irony of this to me is some one made a 'There will always be RMT' thread then this happens . i double checked both my accounts , updated the mailing address and changed passwords .i'm kinda shocked Square made this announcement in a way . its also a sign of how desperate or cunning the RMTs are getting . make me wonder how much Square is making off illegitimate transfers . some of the time you can get returned with out waiting the 3 months , but most ppl i know had to wait at least a few weeks .
Anyone that got hacked GL , hope you get your shizzo back soon .
By 3216694 2010-06-05 11:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foxxy said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

If you hate SE so much quit playing their *** game.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-06-05 12:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

3216694 said:
Bahamut.Foxxy said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

woah nice numbers
By Zekko 2010-06-05 12:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

3216694 said:
Bahamut.Foxxy said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

Hey bro....

No
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-05 12:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Square enix aren't as bad as everyone makes out.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-06-05 15:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

These emails were sent out yesterday, right?

I'm unable to log in and I haven't received an email with my password yet. :S
First Page 2