I Don't Get It, Why Do People Feel The Need To Leave Their Parental Home...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » I don't get it, why do people feel the need to leave their parental home...
I don't get it, why do people feel the need to leave their parental home...
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 15:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
I think it's a bit embarrassing to be in a serious relationship with someone and having your parents home, plus it's a little awkward when you have friends over and your parents home.

It's also nice to have your own place because you can decorate it how you want and have your own furniture. How many parents want a picture of Basch fon Ronsenburg hanging up in their living room.

I agree with you.

some parents are cool about letting you get laid at their house too lol it's funny, mines don't though and i respect my house. but eh had a boyfriend that I stayed over their place with his parents, it was nice they made me breakfast and sometimes made me do the laundry too @.@

some are not... you should not be doing something like that there. Respect, is key.

sir, read again, I pointed that out and also clearly mentioned I respect my home, even if I was allowed I would still keep some respect, it's the place I grew up in and I don't want to build those kind of memories in this place.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-05-20 15:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
I live at home and I just turned 21. I'm in college and stuff like that and I contribute to the stuff around the house but really. My mom and I get along really well. I can honestly say she's my best friend. She said herself she's not ready for me to move out because really for like almost 20 years of my life I was the only person she had to talk to and hang out with because my dad was in the military and always gone. We're really close and I feel if I left too far away I'd lose that and I would hate to lose that relationship with my mom.

I don't think people should judge when someone still lives with their parents. Personally I think it would be awesome having like my Grandparents living with us but I barely even know my grandparents I've met my dads side only once and my moms since once before her dad died. I think multifamily homes would be soo cool especially if you get along with them.

A lot of the younger generation "hate" their parents and want to move out asap. I've never hated my mom. My dad and I don't get along much but he was never a huge factor in my life because he was always gone but I wouldn't say I hate him either and I want to do everything to get away from him. I like being around family and I feel I should be around them. My sister's fiance and mine are living with us as well and they thought it was weird at first but then they see how well our family gets along and started hoping their family was like that.

Some people have very distant families.

indeed why i also don't want to leave my mom, I get along with her pretty well now and she does get lonely with out me and I with out her.

Alot of kids nowdays hate their parents, basicly because they don't get things how they want it so they proceed to 'I HATE MY PARENTS THEIR SO UNFAIR AND ABUSE ME etc etc' rebelious stage, it's ridiculous.
Not applying to all scenarious though.

Oh I agree it's ridiculous. When I was like 15 or so I had a boyfriend who would get angry when I told him I couldn't do something cause my parents said and stuff like that. It really didn't bother me as nearly as much as it did him. "You're 15 you're old enough to do what you want. Why do you listen to your parents" etc etc

I didn't think anything about it. It was fair. Some places at 15 you shouldn't be going. Some people at 15, god forbid, you shouldn't be hanging out with at 15 let alone at 20. I never thought it was unfair when I couldn't do something because I knew it was for a good reason and not just because they were throwing out the "parenting" card and he would always get a huge case about it and he hated my mom with a passion.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 15:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
I live at home and I just turned 21. I'm in college and stuff like that and I contribute to the stuff around the house but really. My mom and I get along really well. I can honestly say she's my best friend. She said herself she's not ready for me to move out because really for like almost 20 years of my life I was the only person she had to talk to and hang out with because my dad was in the military and always gone. We're really close and I feel if I left too far away I'd lose that and I would hate to lose that relationship with my mom.

I don't think people should judge when someone still lives with their parents. Personally I think it would be awesome having like my Grandparents living with us but I barely even know my grandparents I've met my dads side only once and my moms since once before her dad died. I think multifamily homes would be soo cool especially if you get along with them.

A lot of the younger generation "hate" their parents and want to move out asap. I've never hated my mom. My dad and I don't get along much but he was never a huge factor in my life because he was always gone but I wouldn't say I hate him either and I want to do everything to get away from him. I like being around family and I feel I should be around them. My sister's fiance and mine are living with us as well and they thought it was weird at first but then they see how well our family gets along and started hoping their family was like that.

indeed why i also don't want to leave my mom, I get along with her pretty well now and she does get lonely with out me and I with out her.

Alot of kids nowdays hate their parents, basicly because they don't get things how they want it so they proceed to 'I HATE MY PARENTS THEIR SO UNFAIR AND ABUSE ME etc etc' rebelious stage, it's ridiculous.

Oh I agree it's ridiculous. When I was like 15 or so I had a boyfriend who would get angry when I told him I couldn't do something cause my parents said and stuff like that. It really didn't bother me as nearly as much as it did him. "You're 15 you're old enough to do what you want. Why do you listen to your parents" etc etc

I didn't think anything about it. It was fair. Some places at 15 you shouldn't be going. Some people at 15, god forbid, you shouldn't be hanging out with at 15 let alone at 20. I never thought it was unfair when I couldn't do something because I knew it was for a good reason and not just because they were throwing out the "parenting" card and he would always get a huge case about it and he hated my mom with a passion.

Same stage scenario here, I didn't think I was allowed to do everything at 15 I did enjoy some freedom, before it wasn't like that though I did have to fight for my freedom at 15, I did get alot after I graduated at 16 lol which was bad.
I still think that most of the people that hate their parents have no idea what their parents have been through to get them where they are and how they have the right to protect them and set rules on their lives so they don't go and get themselves *** *** or killed.

So I really dislike hearing the 'i hate my parents' ***.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-20 15:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
I think it's a bit embarrassing to be in a serious relationship with someone and having your parents home, plus it's a little awkward when you have friends over and your parents home.

It's also nice to have your own place because you can decorate it how you want and have your own furniture. How many parents want a picture of Basch fon Ronsenburg hanging up in their living room.

I agree with you.

some parents are cool about letting you get laid at their house too lol it's funny, mines don't though and i respect my house. but eh had a boyfriend that I stayed over their place with his parents, it was nice they made me breakfast and sometimes made me do the laundry too @.@

some are not... you should not be doing something like that there. Respect, is key.

sir, read again, I pointed that out and also clearly mentioned I respect my home, even if I was allowed I would still keep some respect, it's the place I grew up in and I don't want to build those kind of memories in this place.

Hmmm? I did not say anything just stated even though they would say it is ok you should not.

what is with the attitude?
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 16:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

I agree with you.

Hmmm? I did not say anything just stated even though they would say it is ok you should not.

what is with the attitude?

none really, didn't think I sounded like I had one anyways. my bad.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-05-20 19:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it depends on each household situation and culture, in my society once u hit puberty you are considered a man, and a lot of the house responsibilities fall on your shoulders, if you leave your family's house before you get married you are considered ungrateful to your parents. Everyone want his kids to take care of them when they are old. And I think the concept of one close family is more important than all this independence crap.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-05-20 19:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

Same stage scenario here, I didn't think I was allowed to do everything at 15 I did enjoy some freedom, before it wasn't like that though I did have to fight for my freedom at 15, I did get alot after I graduated at 16 lol which was bad.
I still think that most of the people that hate their parents have no idea what their parents have been through to get them where they are and how they have the right to protect them and set rules on their lives so they don't go and get themselves *** *** or killed.

I graduated at a young age as well and I just turned 21 and I still "ask" if I can do stuff. Well it's not really asking but I'll let them know where I'm going and what I'm doing and I also call my mom if I'm changing areas if I'm going out just because, you never know whats going to happen. Really people get murdered and die and even get kidnapped with no idea where the person is. I think it's important to tell them where and what you're doing. Many people look at me weird when I call hope and be like "Hey I'm heading here or there, just wanted to let you know" and they think my parents all "all up in my business" but really. I'd rather be safe then sorry.

Also though, maybe I'm super paranoid because of my dad's job but I don't think of it as paranoid like many others would I think of it as more aware then anything else.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-20 19:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
I think it depends on each household situation and culture, in my society once u hit puberty you are considered a man, and a lot of the house responsibilities fall on your shoulders, if you leave your family's house before you get married you are considered ungrateful to your parents. Everyone want his kids to take of them when they are old. And I think the concept of one close family is more important than all this independence crap.

Mainly culture, what I was trying to point at. Vitaru I love you.
 Phoenix.Ailoki
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-05-20 20:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I take care of my dad. He's handicapped and can't really do anything by himself. He can't work either. He has trouble getting into the car, let alone being able to shop for food himself, or mow the lawn. Simple things like, driving or getting up and down stairs are hard for him. I'm 22, Unemployed. I don't mind living here, it's free rent, but there are times when I go through my phases of "I wanna move out. Meet someone. Live somewhere nice." Sacrificing my own happiness and life for my dad, I suppose.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-20 21:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ailoki said:
I take care of my dad. He's handicapped and can't really do anything by himself. He can't work either. He has trouble getting into the car, let alone being able to shop for food himself, or mow the lawn. Simple things like, driving or getting up and down stairs are hard for him. I'm 22, Unemployed. I don't mind living here, it's free rent, but there are times when I go through my phases of "I wanna move out. Meet someone. Live somewhere nice." Sacrificing my own happiness and life for my dad, I suppose.
you are a good son for doing such a thing.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-05-20 22:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Phoenix.Ailoki said:
you are a good son for doing such a thing.

this.
 Siren.Miayoko
Server: Siren
user: Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-05-20 22:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it depends on how you look at it. I'm in my mid 20's now with a son. I've done the whole moving out thing. Me and my mom have always been close. My father isn't in the picture. I got in a relationship had a son mom was around. My son is disabled and with the economy it wasn't exactly easy for us to live in separate households so we pitched in and got a house together.

In all honesty I could care less whoever made fun of me for living with my mom or vice versa. My guy doesn't care either. It is a case by case basis. It was just easier on US and the fact she was always over at my house mooching my internet. I like it better that way so shes not so alone. She plays FFXI with me now. And if I ever need someone to babysit my son so I can go out once in a while shes right there.

Overall, its been a lot easier money wise and stress wise on the both of us living together. So :) I guess I never cut the cord from my mom haha.
 Leviathan.Duvessa
Server: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-20 22:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I have several friends in similar situations as yourself, Miayoko. I honestly don't see the problem with people living with their parents, so long as they are contributing to the household. It's the leeches that need to do something about their lifestyle. I've seen far too many people mooch off their parents for so long without the slightest contribution. It's kind of ridiculous.

Honestly, most people who move out for the first time end up getting a roommate or something anyways, so what's the difference in staying at home and paying rent? Maybe it's the "avoiding family" thing, but to me... I've never viewed any family, even my parents, as more than just normal people. That could be the difference in my perspective.
 Siren.Miayoko
Server: Siren
user: Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-05-20 22:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't completely contribute because around here in the mid-west finding a babysitter to touch a disabled child is trying to find a needle in a haystack. But I do cook, clean, and take care of the household while my mom works. I do get my son's disability, so what little I get goes to him and bills.

Yeah, we plan on living together for the rest of our lives its just like I had said overall easier on US we we're usually always together anyway. And, with today's economy we need all the breaks we can get.
 Caitsith.Silvaria
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-05-20 22:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone's different. There is no right or wrong way of doing things. For some, it makes sense to stay in the parents' home indefinitely. For others, it's better to get out asap. In fact, you pretty much answered your own question with,
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Of course, each person is different and it's up to each family to decide how to proceed in these matters.

So, not sure what's so confusing, LOL...everyone is different. The end. 8)
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 23:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

I graduated at a young age as well and I just turned 21 and I still "ask" if I can do stuff. Well it's not really asking but I'll let them know where I'm going and what I'm doing and I also call my mom if I'm changing areas if I'm going out just because, you never know whats going to happen. Really people get murdered and die and even get kidnapped with no idea where the person is. I think it's important to tell them where and what you're doing. Many people look at me weird when I call hope and be like "Hey I'm heading here or there, just wanted to let you know" and they think my parents all "all up in my business" but really. I'd rather be safe then sorry.

Also though, maybe I'm super paranoid because of my dad's job but I don't think of it as paranoid like many others would I think of it as more aware then anything else.

yeah if im out of the house I also say whats up, its always good to let ppl know where you are weather its family or friends i always let someone know where I am going. Hey even I ask my dad or mom where the *** their going too lol
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 23:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Miayoko said:
I don't completely contribute because around here in the mid-west finding a babysitter to touch a disabled child is trying to find a needle in a haystack. But I do cook, clean, and take care of the household while my mom works. I do get my son's disability, so what little I get goes to him and bills.

Yeah, we plan on living together for the rest of our lives its just like I had said overall easier on US we we're usually always together anyway. And, with today's economy we need all the breaks we can get.
^
yeah
 Alexander.Suzumebachi
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Suzumebachi 2010-05-21 08:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Take my life for example. I was 2 when my father left my mother and she was a single parent until 10 years later when i was 12 and she met this boyfriend. The guy was a twatwaffle and we tried everything in our power to make each others lives harder.

3 years later when i hit 15 i just had enough of the childish battles going on around the house and moved in with a friend. At that time my mother was always taking his side and to begin with my mother and i also never really got along great.

1 year later he started cheating on her and left her but the relationship between my mother and i was never the same because of that not that is was great to even begin with.

I'm 25 now so all that is done and over and i don't think my life turned out so bad i studied in Japan 2 years and now still in university working on another degree and i practically raised myself.

I think it really does depend on the person some people have developed great relationships with family as to where i hardly have family at all.

I think the worst things about living at home or with other people is that you are always reminded that "This is my house and if you live in my house It's my rules." and when in fap mode you always have to worry about who is gonna come into your room next and if the door is locked yeah... they know whats goin' down!!

Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-05-21 08:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Suzumebachi said:
and when in fap mode you always have to worry about who is gonna come into your room next and if the door is locked yeah... they know whats goin' down!!
My dad walked in on me with a gf once when I was 14. He knocked from then on when coming into my room.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-21 08:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
and when in fap mode you always have to worry about who is gonna come into your room next and if the door is locked yeah... they know whats goin' down!!
My dad walked in on me with a gf once when I was 14. He knocked from then on when coming into my room.

What were you doing with your gf aged 14?

Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-05-21 08:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Making babies, duh.

My first daughter was born when I was 15.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-21 08:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Making babies, duh.

yeah, its the new American pasttime to make babies when you yourself is still a baby
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-21 08:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Legal in Sweden is 15 lol
 Alexander.Suzumebachi
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Suzumebachi 2010-05-21 09:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:

[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-05-21 09:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think in retrospect around 21-23 you should be either in college or at leas be settled in the job that you like to do that you can make lots of money in. If your making more than enough to survive off of, then really you should be getting your own place. Wouldn't you want your privacy..guys, say if you go to a bar, and y ou want to bag a nice hot chick... then you got your own pad, and no worries.

I think its the lack of the apron strings, that most guys like the " being catered to by their moms" attitude b.c they see it sorta like a free ride. I know you're all helping with chores.. but when you get your own place.. your not really contributing, its called actually looking after your own place!

Sry I did not add anything about the ladies. I'm sure its the same, only a bit wee feminine!
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-21 09:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:

inb4lulz
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Making babies, duh.

oh wow lol 18 here.

Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-21 09:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:

It varies by state here, 18 is like a global guideline, I'm pretty sure it's 16 in Oklahoma.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-21 09:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
I think in retrospect around 21-23 you should be either in college or at leas be settled in the job that you like to do that you can make lots of money in. If your making more than enough to survive off of, then really you should be getting your own place. Wouldn't you want your privacy..guys, say if you go to a bar, and y ou want to bag a nice hot chick... then you got your own pad, and no worries.

I think its the lack of the apron strings, that most guys like the " being catered to by their moms" attitude b.c they see it sorta like a free ride. I know you're all helping with chores.. but when you get your own place.. your not really contributing, its called actually looking after your own place!

Sry I did not add anything about the ladies. I'm sure its the same, only a bit wee feminine!

this exactly, by the time someone is in their 20's, i find it unsettling that someone would choose an easy life over freedom, privacy, and knowing you're self-sufficient